When will Blizzard learn?

(Locked)

100 Orc Shaman
just because you pay the same does NOT give you the right access the same content as people who work and put forth effort in the game.

by you paying, all you do is give yourself the chance at attaining it. That's all.

And the effort required to access said content still requires the work, regardless of your subscription fee.

You and the LFR raider both have identical opportunities with your subscription fee. You can both clear LFR, Flex, Normal, or Heroic. That you choose to put in the extra work to reach the higher tiers and thus the higher rewards is not a relevant to subscription fee. If anything, you should be overjoyed that you're able to access more rewarding content for less money.
Edited by Mvura on 9/26/2013 8:24 AM PDT
100 Dwarf Rogue
People wipe in lfr all the time

I work 40 hours a week and still make time to raid atleast 9-12 hours per week

if you can't do that for normal raiding you need to evaluate yourself and your schedule

hahahahahahaha! yes, *I* need to evaluate myself!
One day in the far flung future youll laugh at this. Laugh so hard.
90 Orc Shaman
09/26/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Mvura

Everything you posted after this might have merit but it is now tainted because you tried to play the basement card and - before you edited it, I guess - the children card.

Congratulations, Mvura. You've shown yourself to be an idiot!

As long as you act like a basement dweller, you are one. Come out into the sunshine - you'll see just how diverse people are.

I know its easier to take everything literally, at face value. But one day you'll hopefully see that its ignorance that maintains your dark age style opinions.

Excellent. So as long as you act like a freaking idiot, I guess you're a freaking idiot.

When you want to have a real discussion where you don't resort to stupid generalizations and name calling in the first 2 sentences of your posts - in other words, when you stop being childish and come up out of the basement - you feel free to let me know.
90 Human Paladin

Well of course - if you're a teenager then I would expect you to think that. I was a teenager once - and I also thought I knew everything then too.

Also - google Bill Hicks - its a reference to one of his sets. RIP Bill Hicks!

For someone who is so proud and willing to admit they don't know everything, you make assumptions out the !@#. You're the child here, but you'll never admit it, you'll just spout more ridiculous crap that you probably learned in your latest college economics class.
96 Worgen Death Knight
Don't like LFR? go do Regular or Heroic. bunch of crybabies.
90 Orc Shaman

Sure. Soon as Blizzard stops putting upgrades for Heroic raiders in LFR.
89 Blood Elf Rogue
Hmmm.... I remember a time before LFR when wipes still happen... and we are upset because they still happen..... "When will Blizzard learn" that we hate running from the grave yard to are bodies :(
90 Orc Shaman
I agree. For the most part. However. The player is not doing anything to EARN that gear. That's what have alot of players, including me, fired up. I was saying, that the gear should not be heavily rewarded. Maybe some rares better than heroic gear at first, then raises are higher content goes on. But getting free epics by auto-attacking is a little stupid.

Pretty much.

LFR simply has too high of a reward ratio in its current incarnation.
90 Worgen Hunter
You mean that there are some people that want to see everything that there is in the game AND have a life/job/family/etc.

Those selfish bastards!

How DARE Blizzard cater to them!

- - -

You ask "When will Blizzard learn?" They DID, and they realized that the number of subs being paid by casuals far outnumbers hardcore raiders, and that allowing certain content to only be seen by an elite few was a bad business model.

I get such a kick out of you folks that think that if someone isn't as hardcore as you are, they don't deserve to see the entirety of the game that you do. It's not like we're not paying that same $15/month...

So stop your crying and go do your normal/heroic raids and let us have LFR. You don't have to worry about us unwashed masses rolling on your leet loot, and we don't have to deal with you elitist basement-dwelling fools when we muddle through our raids.

I think I love you...
90 Orc Shaman
You mean that there are some people that want to see everything that there is in the game AND have a life/job/family/etc.

Those selfish bastards!

How DARE Blizzard cater to them!

- - -

You ask "When will Blizzard learn?" They DID, and they realized that the number of subs being paid by casuals far outnumbers hardcore raiders, and that allowing certain content to only be seen by an elite few was a bad business model.

I get such a kick out of you folks that think that if someone isn't as hardcore as you are, they don't deserve to see the entirety of the game that you do. It's not like we're not paying that same $15/month...

So stop your crying and go do your normal/heroic raids and let us have LFR. You don't have to worry about us unwashed masses rolling on your leet loot, and we don't have to deal with you elitist basement-dwelling fools when we muddle through our raids.

I think I love you...

The minute anyone brings up lives/family/basements/etc, they lose all their credibility.

Oh, he's almost right in one instance. I'd love to only do my Normal/Heroic raids. Too bad Blizzard thinks I should be carrying people through LFR in addition to that.

The "I pay too" argument is bad. You pay for server access. I pay for server access. What you do outside of that is largely up to you. This IS an MMO, however, so you should expect to do things in keeping with that genre. That means time investment and making social ties. You should not expect to everything handed to you simply because you log in.

LFR destroys social ties in this game. That's bad, so I argue for changes to reduce LFR's impact not to destroy LFR for the people who truly can't do anything else but to encourage movement beyond for those who can. And LFR isn't the only culprit of killing social ties (LFD says hi), it's merely the poster child at max level.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's very simple.

The game has ways of getting gear/weapons. Some require more work to get than others. That's called difficulty, which believe it or not, most games have that. Put more work into getting something, the higher your "score" in the game.

We ALL pay $15 a month. Just because you can't commit to doing what is required in the game to get the best gear is not anyone's fault. You choose to play the game the way you do, so deal with it.

It's the same "everyone is equal" mentality that causes this. Just because some other people put more work into something the others believe they should get it just as well. Guess what, NO! That's not how the world works. You put more work into something the higher your reward no matter what it is in life. Just because you "feel'" that you deserve something doesn't mean you do.

I devote a lot of time to doing things with my guild, helping new players out, farming for valor to help others, so i don't get to do the PuGs when people are forming Flex or Normal runs. Do i deserve to just get the best damn loot and have everything handed to me. NO!
I am very happy with what i have, and if i want something bad enough in game, then i make time to get it.

This was quoted a couple times in this thread and i didn't see the original poster
QUOTE:
"I get such a kick out of you folks that think that if someone isn't as hardcore as you are, they don't deserve to see the entirety of the game that you do. It's not like we're not paying that same $15/month..."
END QUOTE

Exactly we all pay the same $15 a month for a game that requires effort, If you claim "oh we have lives outside the game and can't put in the time" Then this really shouldn't be a problem for you for "not seeing" the content since you don't seem to have the time anyway.
Edited by Timelord on 9/26/2013 10:07 AM PDT
1 Undead Rogue
09/26/2013 08:41 AMPosted by Hyjinx

Do it with your guild. Queue as raid and burn through it in 30 mins. Simple. No?
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I like to run into lfr having not researched the fights and learn on the fly, lots more fun that way. If we wipe, too bad! Still fun, new and exciting!

This is exactly the mentality problem with LFR.

No one should cater to one person having fun at the risk and expense of 24 other peoples time.
100 Blood Elf Monk
09/26/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Tempcharac

Do it with your guild. Queue as raid and burn through it in 30 mins. Simple. No?
Nope, not that simple. You can't get your co-raiders to log on as a group any other day/time except for the pre-arranged raid days. You might get one or two others, but definitely not your whole group. And you sure as heck don't want to waste the raid time doing LFR/flex for those upgrades that haven't dropped in normal/heroic yet.
100 Night Elf Druid
I swear, invoking 'mom's basement' is a corollary of Godwin's law on these forums.

At least be original, will you.
90 Worgen Hunter
Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time understanding how LFR negatively impacts the gaming experience of anyone who doesn't use it. Does it somehow detract from YOUR gaming experience if someone has a piece of gear that looks like yours, even if it has worse stats? Hell, most people transmog their gear these days anyway!

And for the hardcore crowd that feels compelled to LFR for any advantage they can snag for progression, all I can say is that's a conscious choice on your part. I would imagine that for any serious raiders by the time new content hits LFR your Heroic gear from previous content is still far better than anything in LFR.

The whole argument over it simply smacks of elitism: "they didn't have to work as hard as me to get something that looks like what I got!"

Luckily Blizzard recognizes the niche for the LFR crowd who deal with RL time constraints, a lack of desire to deal with raid guild politics & drama, and often a really casual approach to something that is, after all, just a game.

Stop measuring your worth in pixels and you'll enjoy the game much more.

Give Gunny a gold star. He actually gets it!

Good on ya, mate.
90 Orc Shaman
09/26/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Tempcharac

That equates to adding more raid time and it also burns me out quicker because we're doing the same content except that it poses no challenge whatsoever. It's just tedious.
90 Undead Warrior
More "LFR Heros" calling people who disagree with them basement nerds, virgins, teenages and the like.

You guys really are the shining examples of why people dislike LFR exclusive players.
You guys are worse than the "elitists" you hate.

Get over yourself.
You're acting worse than the crap you're accusing people of being.
Edited by Schwert on 9/26/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Blizzard Employee
It's too early to say how the interaction will fully play out between Flex and LFR, but I think it's reasonable to expect that a lot of people will prefer Flex because of its similarities with LFR (as a quick and low pressure way to raid), but without the things they don't like about LFR (Flex requiring a curated and managed group experience) for better rewards, achievements, and mounts, and with friends and guildies if possible. If that's the case, the core LFR audience changes, their reason for doing LFR changes, and it's potentially a world where LFR adapts to fit a more niche role, which could mean changes for challenge and reward to better fit the audience's intended use of it. All speculation of course, but we're certainly watching.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]