Blacksmithing pains

90 Human Paladin
I was really excited to start learning new recipes from crafting balanced trillium ingots. I can make about 10 or so now, most of them the previous tier for PvP. Which, on its own... is awesome.

However... I'm finding that as the days go by, more and more 476 PvP gear is showing up on the AH, and less and less are being bought. My guess?

Who would spend gold for 476, when they can go get free 496 from the Isle? It saddens me. I feel that our smithing is for all for nothing. :(
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
Bad enough that it will be next xp before you can make a 502 weapon or a good piece of pve gear. I don't even bother making the pvp stuff... I tried selling it last patch and wound up DEing most all of it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I suppose you're also disappointed in the 553 gear we can now make using only those ingots.

Last time there were complaints about Haunting Spirits being necessary to craft the 522 patterns we got, and how hard they were to come by at that point. Now that barrier is gone, there's not even a heap of Spirits of Harmony required.

All I ever used the PvP stuff for was gearing up alts, and that'll stay true 'cause they can jam their Timeless Isle where it hurts.

09/25/2013 05:54 AMPosted by Magnata
Bad enough that it will be next xp before you can make a 502 weapon

I don't know where you've been, but 502 weapons have been around since the Isle of Thunder.
Edited by Valkyrix on 9/25/2013 6:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I suppose you're also disappointed in the 553 gear we can now make using only those ingots.

I am actually.

All of the DPS gear I can make is garbage for Ret, they should have made one of the pieces haste/mastery and the other crit/mastery or Crit/haste.

The fact that the belt has hit/crit on it bugs me. All of my characters are oversaturated with Hit as it is, I don't need another piece especially a crafted piece to throw even more of it at me.
Edited by Vindicare on 9/25/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Leatherworking has the same pains.

Every day, I take two of my Magnificent Hide and make a Hardened Magnificent Hide.

So far I know a LOT of the 476 PvP patterns.

And three PVE patterns.

All of which are Mail armor.

I really hope that before the next expansion, I'll learn the caster leather belt and pants.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Leatherworking has the same pains.

Every day, I take two of my Magnificent Hide and make a Hardened Magnificent Hide.

So far I know a LOT of the 476 PvP patterns.

And three PVE patterns.

All of which are Mail armor.

I really hope that before the next expansion, I'll learn the caster leather belt and pants.

At least with Leatherworking there are 5 classes you can market your items to, to sell them even if you can't use them.

Blacksmiths only get to market their items to 3 and of those only ONE specc can use the healing plate.

I have never in the history of Blacksmithing sold for a decent price a piece of intellect plate. There simply isn't a demand for them.
Edited by Vindicare on 9/25/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
[quote]

I have never in the history of Blacksmithing sold for a decent price a piece of intellect plate. There simply isn't a demand for them.

Have truer words ever been spoken????
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

I am actually.

All of the DPS gear I can make is garbage for Ret, they should have made one of the pieces haste/mastery and the other crit/mastery or Crit/haste.

The fact that the belt has hit/crit on it bugs me. All of my characters are oversaturated with Hit as it is, I don't need another piece especially a crafted piece to throw even more of it at me.

They're all actually pretty badly itemized for Paladins. Prot and Ret Paladins value Haste which the DPS and tank pieces have none of. The healing pieces however are loaded with it, and Holydins don't want it (I suppose some do but my understanding is most want Mastery).
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
I don't know where you've been, but 502 weapons have been around since the Isle of Thunder.

Haven't seen a weapon drop at all on the island... my dk made herself a 502 sword but there is nothing for enhancement shammys.... trying to make an int mace for my boomkin and my holy pally.... making one lightning ingot a day with no alternate source.... yeah right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Yea, I am disappointed in them. Because without Motes of War or whatever they're called, I can only make 1 ingot a day. Most of them require 20+ ingots. That's 20+ days for a single piece if you don't have the ability to farm the new motes yet. And so far, I've learned two of those. A DPS belt and legs, both requiring more than 20. What good does that do me? If they required, say 8-12 that would be a lot more reasonable, AND make Blacksmithing a worthwhile profession. Until then... it's only good for gearing alts, as you said.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]