Do any other healers not like healing 25 man?

90 Worgen Druid
I can't stand healing 25's because of how spammy and disconnected it feels. In 10s, when health bars are rising, I know I'm the cause.

In 25's, I just mash my buttons and things get healed by someone, somehow, somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Nope, I enjoy healing 25s very much.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I like 25m for a variety of reasons but the main 2 would be:

1) It's more chaotic, just a lot more going on-- a lot more people to keep watch of
2) I get to be close to a lot of healers, not just 1 or 2 others. We have our own chat channel and even those who are sitting talk in it. It's enjoyably social. I get more perspective on healing classes I don't play
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I did a lot of heroic 10man raiding on alts and offnights in Cata and felt nothing but zzzzz the entire time. It was mega boring with the exception of Heroic Cho'gall to the point where I couldn't figure out why anyone found 10mans challenging in the slightest. I never got a "greater sense of responsibility" from raiding 10man, in fact I felt pretty useless because I played with competent players who didn't stand in bad !@#$ and thus the need to heal dropped drastically. I probably DPS'd more than I healed in a lot of those runs.

10mans are just one giant snoozefest for the most part.

On the other hand, this expansion has brought back severe underhealing of 25man content. First tier had a lot of fights that we 3 healed, and this tier has had a few of those as well. 3-4 healing heroic 25man content is the most fun I've had in this game since probably Black Temple. It requires a lot of work, concentration, and you feel amazing when you successfully accomplish it. I never got that experience in 10.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/25/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Mist
On the other hand, this expansion has brought back severe underhealing of 25man content. First tier had a lot of fights that we 3 healed, and this tier has had a few of those as well. 3-4 healing heroic 25man content is the most fun I've had in this game since probably Black Temple. It requires a lot of work, concentration, and you feel amazing when you successfully accomplish it. I never got that experience in 10.

Its called solo healing the content, which is rather fun tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I personally greatly prefer 10s. To me, it feels more tight knit and personal. It feels like you're contributing more and have a greater impact. I also just plain don't like having that many people around.

this. i switched to 10 man raiding in late wrath and i have been pretty happy with it since then.

i like healing in 25 mans but i no longer have the patience for wrangling with and listening to that many people. the more people there are, the more chance there is for people i don't like. :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Its called solo healing the content, which is rather fun tbh.

YEah but it's not often that one can do that. With a 25m people are more willing to sit out, swap to dps. In 10m the roster is more tight-nit and short. Telling not only 1, but 2 healers to sit for the night really blows for those other people.

It's a lot easier to ask 2 of your 5 healers to bring a geared alt or go DPS/Tank.

That being said, I also really enjoy 10m.

I just like healing tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just like healing tbh.

Heresy!

Yeah, each size has its own characteristics, and I can enjoy both!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Dunno how people stay awake healing 25m ;(

So boring.... I'd have to stay awake though so I could call out the list of 40,000 raid-wide cooldowns we have in order so people don't blow them at the wrong moments. Give me 2 ele shaman, a warrior or 2, some pallies, some priests.... man I'd have more fun prepping for raid doing the math on the fights to call out cooldowns than actually healing it... lol

Iron Juggernaut must be the most hilarious fight for 25m, just use like 14 raid cooldowns during the siege mode all back to back...
Edited by Gamex on 9/25/2013 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I definitely prefer 10m.

Differences that make me favor 10m or 25:
In 10m, you can balance your proactive and reactive based on your mana and the encounter. In 25m, it's really easy to fall into the trap of feeling like you have to do everything proactively and snipe to make it look like you're doing your job.

10m, you can get a better sense of what your cohealer(s) will do, because there's only 1-2 of them, and you learn to heal around each other. In 25, you can still kind of get a feel for how strong each of your cohealers is and how they're going to impact the healing you can do, but most of the time, that doesn't seem to impact my own healing strategy.

I prefer 10m social interactions, too.
Reply Quote
I prefer 10m social interactions, too.

But in 25m, you get to make Mist cry sweet, sweet mistweaver tears.
That makes it all worth it, doesn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Dunno how people stay awake healing 25m ;(

So boring.... I'd have to stay awake though so I could call out the list of 40,000 raid-wide cooldowns we have in order so people don't blow them at the wrong moments. Give me 2 ele shaman, a warrior or 2, some pallies, some priests.... man I'd have more fun prepping for raid doing the math on the fights to call out cooldowns than actually healing it... lol

Iron Juggernaut must be the most hilarious fight for 25m, just use like 14 raid cooldowns during the siege mode all back to back...

It's funny, cuz you tested that with us and you know damn well that doesn't work. :)

I mean unless we stacked Shaman or something.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
09/25/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Evry
But in 25m, you get to make Mist cry sweet, sweet mistweaver tears.

._. you shut up.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As someone whose AoE is tied to groups, 25 mans are exceptionally harder than 10 mans for this reason. I can understand other classes might feel different, however.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i like 25 mans cause holy priests are good there.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't like 25m. At all. I think my biggest issue, is more healers - more sniping eachother - more people healing the same target. I feel responsible for EVERYONE in the raid, and I just run myself OOM. In 10m I can rejuv everyone without mana issues, and now with genesis that's so fun. But in 25m? I'm hopeless lol....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
No, I don't like 25m at all. I like the control I have in 10m and the feeling that I'm making a difference. A healer can drop and I can pick up the slack for at least a while because I GOT this /flex
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I don't like 25m. At all. I think my biggest issue, is more healers - more sniping eachother - more people healing the same target. I feel responsible for EVERYONE in the raid, and I just run myself OOM. In 10m I can rejuv everyone without mana issues, and now with genesis that's so fun. But in 25m? I'm hopeless lol....

Then you're overhealing your 25 man.

No, I don't like 25m at all. I like the control I have in 10m and the feeling that I'm making a difference. A healer can drop and I can pick up the slack for at least a while because I GOT this /flex

Losing a healer while underhealing is a serious issue. I feel like I'm making a difference every time I save someone (and I save people regularly).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I wish we cut healers more often, but I also don't want to see people get sat :/

WTB more offspec dpsers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I get what you're saying OP. I personally just prefer 10M myself. Less people, which gives you more room to chat and get to know people, also LFR has left a bitter taste in my mouth as far as 25M is concerned.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]