I understand if they dont want diseases to deal a lot of dmg, but imagine if they take a talent as useless as Crimson scourge and make something like this:
- Lowers the cooldown of your outbreak by 30 sec, causes it to generate threat based on your attack power. In adittion, your pestilence refresh the diseases on your target back to full duration (aka the glyph of disease we had).
1. Crimson Scourge, while not a great talent, is far from useless. After taking everything that's considered mandatory you've got 1-2 points floating around, Crimson Scourge is worth more DPS per point than Blood-Caked Blade unless it somehow happened 100% of the time or Abomination's Might, which should be taken if your raid needs to aura. Butchery provides slightly greater single target threat but rarely is tanking just a 1 on 1 thing.
If you want to point out useless Blood talents try BCB or Hand of Doom.
2. What exactly would be the point of having a talent that lowers the CD of an ability and also gives another ability an effect that renders the CD reduction almost moot?
If you use plague strike to get a free BB, you broke a DS already. Its not worth it. We'll never have a problem using BB because it uses BLOOD RUNES, our other option is HS, which jee .. is so amazing ... blood boil DOES NOT HOLD AGGRO BY ITSELF. I'm sorry, this is how the game works. Its not my opinion, its what tanks on beta found out by testing. It doesnt matter if BB hits for 3k or 4200. We are not dpsers. The dmg difference dont accomplish nothing if it fails in the basic (AND IT DOES) that is: To hold aggro.
theres 2 options:
- you drop dnd, and hit BB without talent and you hold aggro. Which means the talent is wasted.
- you dont drop dnd, hit BB WITH the talent and you DONT hold aggro. Which means the +40% dmg meant nothing.
And pressing PS it already is "you did something wrong champ". You'll take more dmg (-1 DS), the extra threat from the disease will be irrelevant, and blood boil will still fail to accomplish its basic job.
Since the FIRST day that crimson scourge was implemented, there was not ONE person on beta that tested and said "oh hey, its a great talent". Communism gave the best possible description of it in the beta forums. "its a talent that you get a free BB if you are doing something wrong"
And outbreak and pestilence have different uses.
Outbreak is a tool to APPLY diseases. New targets, etc .. or simply keep them in a single target rotation.
Pestilence is to spread them in an aoe scenario and to keep them on mobs around you easier.
They are not for the same purpose. I thought that was quite obvious. If you want (in that scenario) to sacrifice an HS or BB to refresh diseases that can be refreshed for free .. be my guest.
When every beta tester that care to discuss things on the foruns, reached the same conclusion, that crimson scourge is horrible. Maybe theres a reason behind =)