Seeking Resto advice/tips please??

90 Troll Druid
Hello! my guild has just started doing 10 man flex SOO, and I'm finding myself in a real bind. My mana regen is abysmal. I constantly struggle with it on the second and third fight. I'm proccing my trinket and innervate as much as I can but... I'm coming up short. It's really limiting to what I can do. Looking at the mana gained on recount... the other healers have alot of passives that generate regen. Am I just missing something? Or might it be my gear level? I've tried to reforge alot of spirit... but it doesn't really seem to make a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Did you gem/reforge using mr robot? (to 3043 haste and then intellect/spirit -> mastery ...)

Also with the innervate change in 5.4, now its Weaker for a druid who carrys less than around 13K Spirit...

So it's probably just gear that's causing mana problems. If you have resto shamans or priests in your group; keep asking them to use their totems and hymn of hope as much as possible during the fight.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Its definitely gear. You have 5 pieces of gear without spirit on them. This is a huge spirit loss. For your iLvL (494), you are underpowered without any of the T14 set bonuses.

1. Get your haste to 3043, even if you must sacrifice spirit. This break point is that important.
2. 5 unenchanted items and no belt buckle. This is an enormous amount of missing stats.
3. Get the Shadow-Pan Assault VP trinket, it is very powerful. And the case can be made that a 2/2 upgraded Darkmoon trinket is better than the Timeless Isle trinket you have.

Part of your problem is that you need better gear. Not higher iLvL, but better itemized for healing. At your gear level you want gear that has spirit/mastery or spirit/haste. You want to hit the 3043 haste breakpoint then stack mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Its definitely gear. You have 5 pieces of gear without spirit on them. This is a huge spirit loss. For your iLvL (494), you are underpowered without any of the T14 set bonuses.

1. Get your haste to 3043, even if you must sacrifice spirit. This break point is that important.
2. 5 unenchanted items and no belt buckle. This is an enormous amount of missing stats.
3. Get the Shadow-Pan Assault VP trinket, it is very powerful. And the case can be made that a 2/2 upgraded Darkmoon trinket is better than the Timeless Isle trinket you have.

Part of your problem is that you need better gear. Not higher iLvL, but better itemized for healing. At your gear level you want gear that has spirit/mastery or spirit/haste. You want to hit the 3043 haste breakpoint then stack mastery.

Pretty much this. Unfortunately, the timeless gear likes giving healer specializations loot with no spirit on it. It is just going to be rough until you can replace it ;(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Your gear is holding you back, you still have quite a few blues and no enchants.

I recommend getting coins (from the treasure room) and try running terrace LFR. Coin the bosses that have upgrades for you and try to replace the lower ilvl items you currently have. And run the new LFR as well for upgrades since you haven't done it at all.

Also get coins for the new raid if you haven't, you can use them for the celestial world boss and maybe get some new tier gear :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. Reforge to 3043 break point haste
2. Push rest spirit
3. Farm 50k coins and get the 535 int/spirit trinket while getting your tokens and chance at burdens and upgrade it twice.
4. Spend valor on 522 int/mana trinket.

Innervate is based on spirit now so you are gimped using it. I think to get the pre-5.4 regen back you have to hit 12k spirit.

Find a dps who will help you farm and go kill a bunch of frogs. It really is a fast farm if it isn't packed. The trinket is roughly 8k spirit for 15 seconds and useable every 1.5mins. Pretty beast for regen.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I thought so : /, well back to the grind! Thanks for some of the tips guys.
Reply Quote
*replace the 320 haste gems in your head piece and weapon with 160 haste/160 spirit gems to drop you down to 3061 haste.

*get a belt buckle and insert a 320 spirit gem

*get 200int 100 crit shoulder inscription enchant

*replace 80 int/160 spirit gem in your ring with 320 spirit gem

*get 160 int enchant for your off-hand

*get the 180 int enchant to your bracers. If that is too expensive the 170 mastery enchant is better than nothing

*replace the 160 int gem in your leg gem with 80 int/ 160 spirit.

*get 180 int to cloak enchant

*I'm guessing you can't afford it or simply want to wait on a better weapon to drop, and I'm sure you already know this but jade spirit on your weapon over windsong will do you a lot more good in the long run and the spirit it gives sub 25% mana could be really useful. If I were you I'd probably wait on a better weapon upgrade as well though, especially if the budget is tight. Perhaps your guildies can help you out on this a little?

*replace glyph of rejuvenation with glyph of regrowth. Guarenteed regrowth crits are very important while hasted nourishes tend to be pointless even at low ilvl.

That is -320 haste for 3061 haste (18 haste off the 3043 breakpoint) + 980 spirit (puts you at 10065 spirit) +460 int

Optional suggestions: Consider using 200 spirit enchant to chest over 80 stats and you will probably want to get the minor glyph of sprouting mushrooms so you can choose where to set your mushrooms and not just set them on players. You want efflorescence to always be down in a good spot. consider using 140 mastery to boots + movement speed and get an extra 160 haste from a gem slot or reforge to put you at 3046 haste which is still over the breakpoint. BTW this isn't necessary or something quickly fixable but your professions should be leveled up and once you get inscription leveled to full you should probably drop herbalism for something with a better profession bonus such as tailoring, jewlcrafting, or leatherworking.

Healings suggestions: If you are struggling with mana try to use incarnation preemptively to get lifeblooms out (even if it's only 1 stack per person) and try to use as many freecasting procs as you can get to conserve mana. Always keep mushrooms down in an ideal spot. Efflorescence will be a large amount of your healing and you want it doing all the work it can whether that means setting it at the tanks feet or if there is aoe try to get it hitting at least 3 people in your group somewhere. You will likely only get one use out of hotw in a fight unless it's really long so try to get the most sue out of the +25% healing for 45 seconds you get from that. On a lot of fights you should try to use your cooldowns at intervals instead of at the same time (use tranq, then use incarnation a bit later, then use HoTw, then tranq again, ect.)
Edited by Stratous on 9/26/2013 9:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/26/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Stratous
: Consider using 200 spirit enchant to chest over 80 stats and you will probably want to get the minor glyph of sprouting mushrooms so you can choose where to set your mushrooms and not just set them on players.

Spirit is so strong for resto druids, 200 spirit is the choice for nearly everyone.

09/26/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Stratous
If you are struggling with mana try to use incarnation preemptively to get lifeblooms out (even if it's only 1 stack per person) and try to use as many freecasting procs as you can get to conserve mana.

Is there any reason to ever go over 1 stack of life bloom during tree form? Isn't the objective to spread 1 stack to as many players a possible while using every regrowth proc asap?
Edited by Sampled on 9/27/2013 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I thought so : /, well back to the grind! Thanks for some of the tips guys.

Follow the post from Stratous.

In fact get on ask-mrrobot.com asap and follow their reforging/gem advice.

Blue gems go 320 spirit. Red gems go intel/spirit. Other gems mix spirit/mastery spirit/haste to get 3043 breakpoint haste and rest mastery.

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned, but get the shado-pan valor trinket. the 30k mana use on 3 min cd is pretty nice and worth about 1k spirit.

Basically, stack as much spirit as possible which will have the effect of increasing your throughput because you will be able to rejuv spam.

At 13,000 spirit, I am just feeling comfortable in flex, and thats with using innerv on myself, and popping trinkets on cooldown.

*edit - Also run ToT LFR and Normal. That tier set is really nice for druids.
Edited by Sampled on 9/27/2013 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Is there any reason to ever go over 1 stack of life bloom during tree form? Isn't the objective to spread 1 stack to as many players a possible while using every regrowth proc asap?

You could argue that's the mana-regen of tree form. There's also just the power healing in tree form where you do the basic rejuve spam rotation and just use it for the output instead of the lb/rg mana conservation.

So really it has 2 purposes IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You could argue that's the mana-regen of tree form. There's also just the power healing in tree form where you do the basic rejuve spam rotation and just use it for the output instead of the lb/rg mana conservation.

So really it has 2 purposes IMO.

My thinking was you pre-imp incoming damage and pop it a few secs early to start the blooms, that way you can spam it for free. I'd hate to see your mana bar after popping tree and starting the spam without blooming a few.

My point was that it would be a waste to stack more than one bloom during tree.

To be honest, I am using SoF mostly since SoO seems to have more constant raid wide damage and I like the doubled WG. We use a disc priest so that relieves some insta nuke pressure on raid wide, allowing my rejuvs and WGs to bring us up, and mushrooms to nuke.
Edited by Sampled on 9/27/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
My mana bar is fine even when spamming Regrowth in tree form, mostly because I stack the heck out of Mastery right now, which makes even Rejuve hit quite hard, and Horridon's Last Gasp is the best trinket for regen, ever. It means I don't have to pile on the Spirit, but can focus on throughput stats. Once I manage to get more gear with native Haste (what is with all this Crit?!?), I will be switching to the 13k Haste breakpoint, and may have to watch mana more closely.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah. Haven't seen it drop unfortunately. Never liked how wow ill have one drop with so much impact on a spec, and such a really low drop.

Noticed all the crit gear in SoO as well. Didn't know if maybe there was a trinket or two with one of these new procs that would give crit a higher weight or something, or if they are stealth nerfing us.
Reply Quote

At a lower ilvl back in MV I would sometimes get a stack of 3 going on 5 people just cause it was rather efficient healing in itself and incoming damage was low enough that it was often sufficient. The blooms could sometimes be useful but obviously they end up being overheal most of the time. No though, there isn't a definitive, good reason to toss out more than a stack on people while in ToL.

Edit: BTW I've killed horridon 13 times on normal/heroic and never seen the trinket once. I did however coin the ring twice on normal, eh.
Edited by Stratous on 9/27/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't know what you're flasking, but spirit will definitely help. It's not as good as intellect but you don't have much of a choice if you're running oom. Use hybrid gems to get as much spirit as you can, and gem pure spirit in blues.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
don't know what you're flasking, but spirit will definitely help. It's not as good as intellect but you don't have much of a choice if you're running oom. Use hybrid gems to get as much spirit as you can, and gem pure spirit in blues.

Spirit is a funny stat for druids. Because of our healing style it can really increase our throughput through rejuv spam. I typically am spirit flasked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
yup yup! goooooooooooooo spirit!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
*3043 haste breakpoint *AN ABSOLUTE MUST*

*Get the glyph of regrowth

*Take the talent Soul of the Forrest.
-have 3 stacks of lifebloom rolling on the tank, cast swiftmend followed by a regrowth on the tank. You just put a 100% haste buff on those lifeblooms... They will give you 4-5 Omen of Clarity procs, which amounts to 4-5 free 90k heals. Far more regen than incarnation.

*If you find your heals are falling behind, incarnation won't help you out at all. Use SoTF to buff wildgrowth, for mini tranq's every 15 seconds.... Huge healing throughput increase.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]