Crit for holy?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Crit for holy is dependent on having an Amp trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Sup team, I've been rocking some crit gems and testing it out, mostly because I'm healing alongside a druid. Seeing some up and down results, but I'm also seeing echo of light work pretty much just as well as it did with high mastery, you know, because a crit heal = higher eol, etc. Am I barking up the wrong tree with this or what? I'll see if I can pull some logs if need be, but just take it at face value.

Are you raiding 10 mans or 25 mans?

I don't think you could ever convince me to gimp my highest-healing spell (top 3 consistently every fight) for a crit 30% of the time. That's even assuming I could get that amount of Crit in the gear I have without dumping Int.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
10m. I wouldn't consider loing mastery in 25. It's not worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Losing* either
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10m. I wouldn't consider loing mastery in 25. It's not worth it.

Okay. Well, that actually makes a lot more sense. Mastery is way less important in 10 mans if you're running the Renew-heavy Serenity build. So Crit and Haste would likely be your go-to stats. I believe Paragon's Priest was using that build. Might take a gander at his armory if you get a chance.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
That build is awesome if you've got strong healers backing it up, I just don't understand it personally. I can go full crit and renew isn't all that amazing, you know?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
That build is awesome if you've got strong healers backing it up, I just don't understand it personally. I can go full crit and renew isn't all that amazing, you know?

Well, he is going heavy, HEAVY Haste, for starters. I think it was like..10 or 12k? Something like that?

But after that, what other secondary is going to give you the most "oomph" if you're relying primarily on Renew (and using Cascade to help keep it up)? Mastery doesn't affect your primary heal, so Crit is logically your next choice, since Renew CAN Crit.

My personal feeling on the subject is that secondary stats are very fluid for Priests, even now. What's best to use is determined by a combination of your raid size, your personal play style, and the playstyle of your other healers. You can make very broad and general statements, but in practice those statements may not work for every player. So my own advice to you would be to keep playing with your stats and try to get somewhere you feel comfortable.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Totally on board, I just don't see crit stacking enough in this patch/xpac to the point where it can be a viable build. I'm all for pushing out of everything and dumping into mastery, or haste, or whatever's called for with raid comp. I just don't know that there's enough crit to cut it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I need to double-check the loot table, but I think there's a Spirit + Crit piece for nearly every slot in SoO. Just a matter of getting them to drop.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
everything is a matter of getting it drop, sadly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Totally unrelated sidenote, got the horridon trinket _last week_.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
He was reaching the 13k haste breakpoint. So yeah, that's a lot of haste.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Totally unrelated sidenote, got the horridon trinket _last week_.

There's a thread around here somewhere of players with the same issue. My guild went 17 weeks without seeing a single HLG drop. Not one! So I feel your pain. :-\
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
[quote]
There's a thread around here somewhere of players with the same issue. My guild went 17 weeks without seeing a single HLG drop. Not one! So I feel your pain. :-\

I have one rotting in my bank now, would you like it ? :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
[quote]

I have one rotting in my bank now, would you like it ? :P

I'm wearing mine. But thank you for the kind concern. :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
He was reaching the 13k haste breakpoint. So yeah, that's a lot of haste.

who?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Jhazrun/advanced

Paragon's priest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]