Best way to farm Justice Points?

20 Gnome Rogue
Hello,
What is the best way for a level 80 to farm justice points to get some heirloom gear for an alt?? I want to level up a rogue, and I only have the two balanced heart seeker daggers, I would like to at least get the chest piece, and shoulders..

Thank you for your responses
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I would think, at level 80. It would be easier to by the honor point versions of them

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=52030

JP is harder to farm at level 80, than honor.

... I guess it would depend on why you want the gear.
Edited by Kurston on 9/25/2013 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Whenever I decide I want a new heirloom I just run Alterac Valley several times and convert the honor to justice points. I choose that battleground specifically because it seems to be the one we have the most odds of winning, heh.

Also, heirlooms can be purchased at the Argent Tournament for the seals (I'm not sure if the character you'll be using to do the purchasing has done any of that though) and from the Darkmoon Faire. And you used to be able to get PvP heirlooms from the vendor in Wintergrasp... I'm not sure if you still can.

It's probably still faster to just run AV and convert the honor to justice points, but just wanted to let you know about those other ways to get heirlooms in case any of them applied. :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yea, Honor is easier to gain than JP until you reach the ability to frequently queue for it.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Rogue
Thank you for your responses.

Cindyanne, you can convert honor to justice points?? I did not know that..

About how long does it take you to get enough honor to convert to justice points for an heirloom??

Thank you so much, again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Yarrr, there should be an Honor or Justice 'Quartermaster' in Stormwind/Orgrimmar I think? Not sure if they call it the Honor points quartermaster or Honor points trade goods. Been forever since I used em so I could be wrong.
Reply Quote
13 Goblin Rogue
Thank you for your responses.

Cindyanne, you can convert honor to justice points?? I did not know that..

About how long does it take you to get enough honor to convert to justice points for an heirloom??

Thank you so much, again.

The ratio is not 1:1 for converting either way. You would want to seek out the Honor or Justice Trade Goods Vendor in your capital. They are the ones who sell the opposing type of points.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Rogue
That would be a wonderful idea if I had 4600 gold.. Lol I am a returning player that hasn't played since 2011, I don't have 1,000 gold let alone that amount.. I also don't know how to make that amount in any reasonable timeframe.. I do have mining and herbalism to sell those mats, but it hasn't been THAT lucrative yet. Is there a preferred way to farm to make gold?? If you could divulge that secret?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Gold is very easy to get at 90 but tougher to get in short time at 80.
Questing from 80-85 would net you a good 7k and 85-90 another 15k on just questing.
Enough to seed any crafting professions. Dailies / Raids / Isles (Timeless / Thunder) are gold makers. Both mining and herbalism are lucrative but again at 90 since lower mats not needed as much.

So if you don't have the 5k for the heirlooms no worries. Very normal. Also don't worry about gold. I have only 12k at the moment just because I ended up dropping 40k on BMAH (eww leather pvp bracers on priest, vendored for 60g). Gold is easy to get and easy to spend. No need to accumulate lots, Just enough to repair, gem / enchant and have fun with.

For you Honour to Justice is best bet. Its I believe 350 Honor Points for 250 Justice Points (and vice versa)

Otherwise prepare for long long grind of 80 dungeons.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Rogue
Thank you for your responses. As far as going the honor/JP route, do you know how much honor a BG would provide such as AV?? Just trying to get a bearing on how long it would take to farm enough.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
AV on their weekends can get prob: 1200 – 1500 per hour. Otherwise Targarian's numbers are pretty close
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Leveling is pretty nerfed. The amount of time you spend going out of your way to gather the gear to help you level faster would probably be better spent just actually leveling the little toon. If you're at 90 where you get more currency than you know what to do with it'd be a different story.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Also it looks like they changed the conversion rate to 500 honor = 250 JP. Little harder to justify it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Also it looks like they changed the conversion rate to 500 honor = 250 JP. Little harder to justify it.

I thought it was only JP>Honor that was nerfed. Seems like I converted Honor>JP after the patch and it was still the old ratio.

Have to check when home.

Agree running BG's (especially AV) is probably the fasted way to Justice Points if the old conversion is still in effect.
Edited by Montrose on 9/25/2013 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=52033
Rogoc <Honor Trade Goods>

The map is on there. Its near the entrance with the other Honour vendors.

Hard to explain in text format so linking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]