How does the new talent tree work?

80 Blood Elf Paladin
I just got back into WoW after a 1+ year break and I find this new talent tree to be quite confusing. Before, you simply got 1 talent per level starting from level 10. But now, it seems like you only have a total of 40 or so at level 80. Does that mean you get a point every 2 levels?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
You get 36 @ 80 and then 41 @ 85.
Reply Quote
I just got back into WoW after a 1+ year break and I find this new talent tree to be quite confusing. Before, you simply got 1 talent per level starting from level 10. But now, it seems like you only have a total of 40 or so at level 80. Does that mean you get a point every 2 levels?

Thanks

The exact breakdown (if I remember correctly) is you get a point at level 10, and then a point every odd level (11, 13...77, 79) until level 80. Levels 80-85 we will be getting one point per level (for those of you reading this thread after cata is released, read that last sentence in the present tense).

You can only put points in one tree until you've spent 31 points in that tree, so true hybrid specs are pretty much dead.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Paladin
Thanks

You get your first talent point at level 10, and then 1 per every odd level until 81. Then it's one every level again. Here:

10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19...77, 79, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85.

So 36 total talent points at 80 and 41 points at 85.
Edited by Lokani on 11/8/2010 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the quick replys
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]