The Shattering – New York Times Best Seller

Community Manager
Despite having just been released earlier this week, The Shattering by Christie Golden has rocketed into the New York Times best seller list.

This prelude to Cataclysm follows major faction characters as they adjust to life after the war with the Lich King, before being abruptly attacked by the land and elements themselves. What is leading to these devastating earthquakes and ship-sinking squalls? Magni believes he has found the secret through his brother’s research, while Thrall believes an already shattered world holds the secrets. If you’re looking forward to the Cataclysm expansion, this is a must-read to catch you up and prepare you for the epic story about to be unveiled.

The book is available in the Blizzard Store (http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001208) and all fine book retailers.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Hunter
Huh... May I reply in this thread?
Seems weird.
Anyway, pretty good book. I love Christie Golden's writting style. I think I almost got sick because I've spent days and nights with little to no food and water, until I was over with the book. :D
And I was like: "wtf, is it over already? I want more!"
Edited by Elderane on 11/8/2010 6:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I likeChristie Golden's style as well. Not Knaax though, his books make me angry. Grr...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
"The Shattering" is by far my favorite World of Warcraft book.

I really hope that Blizzards picks Christie Golden to write more books for the game, and for the Lore buffs like me!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Best. Story. Ever.

Defengar, you should write the prelude to the 4th expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Quite the adventure.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
i have to go search for said book
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
So well deserved, another great book by Golden! Too short though =)
Edited by Parnn on 11/11/2010 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I HAVE RETURNED VICTORIOUS!!!! I calmly walked through the fearsome double doors of the bookstore. I went to the starbucks corner and asked NAY DEMANDED, the muffin in the middle of the case, THE LARGEST BLUEBERRY MUFFIN IN THE CASE!!!! The people around me gasped and tried to hide their faces from the verbal assault they believed i was going to receive, for they to had all fallen victim to the sadistic pastry seller at one time or another. I stared into his dark soulless eyes, FINALLY after what seemed an eternity he looked away, i watched him, eyes still unblinking, to be sure he did not maltreat this oh so precious of bread confectioneries. He handed it to me along with the coffee i had ordered with his eyes averted in a sigh of fealty. I handed him my debit card and he swiped it without a word and handed it back. i picked up my food, nodded to him in a sign of respect to a worthy adversary and turned. All of the people in that corner of the store were looking at me. From the old man reading a copy of the New York Times to the young woman reading a copy of the WWN, they all stared at me.....and then breathed for the first time since my confrontation with the muffin man had started. Then they all went about their business.
I sat at a table and ate my meal, and with the taste of victory still in my mouth i was off to find a copy of the book.
I came upon an employee. He was tall, wiry with brown hair and a countenance that marked him to be an @@#@#**. I asked him a simple question. "Hello, could you please tell me if your store has a book called "The Shattering" by Cristie Golden in stock, and if you do could you please direct me to it?"
His answer was blunt and confirmed my previous suspicions of him being an @@#@#**.
Here was his reply. "No i dont know if we have a copy of some stupid warcraft book, go ask someone else.
I knew he was lying due to the fact he knew it was a WoW book, i pressed on.
How do you know its a WoW book?
Him: I though i told you to go bother someone else
Me: Could you please just tell me what shelf it might be on then? (I had already scanned through the fantasy section)
Him: NO! no screw off i have stuff to do. (i found this guy leaning against a table trolling for bookstore ass, i highly doubt he had a crammed schedule)
Me: If you don't show me where the hell it is i will follow you until the end of your shift asking about it.
Him: OH COMMON MAN CHILAX!!!! FINE I WILL SHOW YOU WHERE THE &*^*& BOOK IS!!!!
He Proceeded to show me where the book was (after leading me around the store for 5 minutes).
Heres your book he said taking it down from the shelf and handing it to me. Then as an afterthought he said "Geek".
"I replied thank you assface," and walked away to..............................TO PAY FOR THE BOOK WITH ME 10% OFF MEMBERS CARD AND MY 10% COUPON!!!!!!!

I am reading it as I write this herowing tale of how it came into my possession.

If the book is HALF as epic is this tale, I'm *!@#ing buying it!
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Death Knight
I don't know how I would have reacted to an employee like that. I admire your persistence though. I would have just gotten angry.
Reply Quote
Just finished reading it tonight! What a great book...prepared me for Cata that's for sure. December 7th cannot come soon enough. Anyone else loving how the pre-Cata events are syncing up with this story?
Reply Quote
Just finished reading it tonight! What a great book...prepared me for Cata that's for sure. December 7th cannot come soon enough. Anyone else loving how the pre-Cata events are syncing up with this story?

Are there going to be more books before cata? I thought I saw somewhere that this is the first of 3? or is that my brain being wrong again?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It sounds like an interesting book. Is it downloadable for the Kindle yet?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Warrior
I love the book. It has alot of interesting things that happen that keeps one reading it until the very end!!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Just finished it yesterday was a great read.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
haha me to
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I HAVE RETURNED VICTORIOUS!!!! I calmly walked through the fearsome double doors of the bookstore. I went to the starbucks corner and asked NAY DEMANDED, the muffin in the middle of the case, THE LARGEST BLUEBERRY MUFFIN IN THE CASE!!!! The people around me gasped and tried to hide their faces from the verbal assault they believed i was going to receive, for they to had all fallen victim to the sadistic pastry seller at one time or another. I stared into his dark soulless eyes, FINALLY after what seemed an eternity he looked away, i watched him, eyes still unblinking, to be sure he did not maltreat this oh so precious of bread confectioneries. He handed it to me along with the coffee i had ordered with his eyes averted in a sigh of fealty. I handed him my debit card and he swiped it without a word and handed it back. i picked up my food, nodded to him in a sign of respect to a worthy adversary and turned. All of the people in that corner of the store were looking at me. From the old man reading a copy of the New York Times to the young woman reading a copy of the WWN, they all stared at me.....and then breathed for the first time since my confrontation with the muffin man had started. Then they all went about their business.
I sat at a table and ate my meal, and with the taste of victory still in my mouth i was off to find a copy of the book.
I came upon an employee. He was tall, wiry with brown hair and a countenance that marked him to be an @@#@#**. I asked him a simple question. "Hello, could you please tell me if your store has a book called "The Shattering" by Cristie Golden in stock, and if you do could you please direct me to it?"
His answer was blunt and confirmed my previous suspicions of him being an @@#@#**.
Here was his reply. "No i dont know if we have a copy of some stupid warcraft book, go ask someone else.
I knew he was lying due to the fact he knew it was a WoW book, i pressed on.
How do you know its a WoW book?
Him: I though i told you to go bother someone else
Me: Could you please just tell me what shelf it might be on then? (I had already scanned through the fantasy section)
Him: NO! no screw off i have stuff to do. (i found this guy leaning against a table trolling for bookstore ass, i highly doubt he had a crammed schedule)
Me: If you don't show me where the hell it is i will follow you until the end of your shift asking about it.
Him: OH COMMON MAN CHILAX!!!! FINE I WILL SHOW YOU WHERE THE &*^*& BOOK IS!!!!
He Proceeded to show me where the book was (after leading me around the store for 5 minutes).
Heres your book he said taking it down from the shelf and handing it to me. Then as an afterthought he said "Geek".
"I replied thank you assface," and walked away to..............................TO PAY FOR THE BOOK WITH ME 10% OFF MEMBERS CARD AND MY 10% COUPON!!!!!!!

I am reading it as I write this herowing tale of how it came into my possession.

That was the greatest story ever, after The Shattering by Christie Golden. I think yout life is probably the most interesting thing I have ever seen.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]