Any other healers melee when bored?

90 Human Paladin
I started WoW when if first launched and played Paladins ever since. I take breaks from the game every now and again but I'm still in that old school mind set that Paladins are up in the fight, not hanging back. I feel like as long as I'm not going oom, letting people die and keeping cleanses going I am doing my job. I've caught a little crap for this but I'm not sure it's warranted. Am I wrong on this?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're performance is where it should be then I don't see a problem. I usually just run around and jump a lot to make people think I'm busy. Kind of like right now at work... I am looking super serious as I type this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kafq7yrKAOQ
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy paladins are considered ranged so standing in meele during any fight that has mechanics that target only ranged is bad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Not entirely wrong - Seal of Insight generates mana for Holy spec, and until our class' ranged abilities count as melee (i.e. prolly never) it's a viable strategy. Equally if you have the Battle Healer glyph.

Abikis is right, though - effects that target ranged party members (like Lei Shen's Diffusion Chain) will target Holy paladins, so being grouped up with a bunch of melee characters is not always advisable. So it's kind of situational. I tend to stay at ranged unless I'm OOM, then get into melee and beat on something to help my mana regen.
Reply Quote
52 Human Warrior
I lived Wrath as a melee Holy Paladin.

I miss Judgement of Wisdom.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Not entirely wrong - Seal of Insight generates mana for Holy spec, and until our class' ranged abilities count as melee (i.e. prolly never) it's a viable strategy. Equally if you have the Battle Healer glyph.

Abikis is right, though - effects that target ranged party members (like Lei Shen's Diffusion Chain) will target Holy paladins, so being grouped up with a bunch of melee characters is not always advisable. So it's kind of situational. I tend to stay at ranged unless I'm OOM, then get into melee and beat on something to help my mana regen.

I think you missed the patch note where seal of insight no longer regenerates mana.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

SoI doesn't have anything to do with mana anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

SoI doesn't have anything to do with mana anymore.

Really? I thought that was just for the melee classes.

Well then, nix what I said. ^_^
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
They should bring back the mana regen aspect of SoL for Holy. :(

/looks at Glyph of Efflorescence in jealousy
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]