Rets in Arena right now

90 Human Paladin
Is there anyone else feeling their damage is low compared to other classes in Arena? anyone pulling their hair due to the fact that they can only get a high crit if the RNG Gods themselves come down and help.
Not liking this season at all compared to last, enjoyed gearing my Ret last season and now I can barely get a win. I might just level my alts and prepare for the next expansion. and just imagine what other classes are going to put out once they are fully geared, !@#$ is cray lol. End rant.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I haven't been too happy this patch yet.

Probably due to the gross healing that's being thrown out by people though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yep, I feel pretty under-powered in damage compared to other classes right now. And this puny fear is not helping any.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
^ Fear is pretty awful as ret atm, keep the stun on a 30s cd
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I thought the fear was gonna be awesome to have but i havn't even specced into it because of the glyph change.

Ret scales with gear pretty well so im expecting when we all have full grievous gear we will be in a better place.
Also ret doesn't have a lot of really good comps but i like

Ret/enhanc
Ret/Hunter
Ret/rogue

you should try some of these comps out and see if you can win more.
Also Ret isn't just a dps class... We are a utility class that brings a lot more to the table than just burst. If you arn't using your full kit I.E. (Sac, Bop, Freedom, Wog, FoL) youre missing out on a lot that your class can do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Good Comps for Ret:

Ret/Ele/X
Ret/Hunter/X
Ret/Mage/X

Those are three most viable comps atm for Retribution, Double melee will only get you so far before it caps out, and it caps out fast considering 80% of the team make ups this season happen to be WLX ( Warrior Lock Healer). This comp counters ret pretty hard you need a ranged to balance it out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret in PVP in my opinion is a waste of fifteen dollars a month. The spec does not compare to other dps classes and the heals are nothing to brag about. The thought of bringing back an old repent type fear was a good thought but then Blizz found a way to nerf it to useless. In doing so they destroyed a lock/DK pet CC that was viable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
haven't really tried 3s yet but for 2s i had most success with ret healer this season just winning through the crowd chose you. I have a really really really hard time beating warrior healer as double dps since warrior healer seems to be the only teams queing
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also when doing 2s i found that i had more success with divine purpose over holy avenger atm. maybe it's that extra survivability that helps since games play is a bit slower.

But i'm still sure holy avenger is probably a better choice i'm currently experimenting
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
haven't really tried 3s yet but for 2s i had most success with ret healer this season just winning through the crowd chose you. I have a really really really hard time beating warrior healer as double dps since warrior healer seems to be the only teams queing

I personally can't really see Ret being viable with a healer in twos, considering we lack so much offensive utilities. Though, I guess getting opening burst then turtling until you get the crowd chose you buff is apparently a viable strategy this season.

Personally, I've had a bit of success on my warrior as a Ret/Arms team. Just yesterday we beat two different Arms/Rshaman teams in a row. Granted, my warrior is currently only 1.6k rated and this is 2s so it isn't exactly impressive, but still.
Edited by Shiralia on 9/28/2013 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
but hey man what ever i can do to make those fotm warriors suffer you know what i mean? aha probably not very good to do ret healer but hell it must be frustrating as hell for those warrior teams hehehe
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I find ret does well with a healer that has RELIABLE CC. We can burst and land a kill easily enough, but if the opponents partner does anything to throw off the kill window you have to wait for another opportunity.

Druid seems the best in my opinion, being able to chain cyclone. Diminishing returns or not, if they chain multiple cyclones (8 seconds, 4 seconds, 2 seconds) you have more than enough time to land a kill (they can spec for a stun too). Holy Paladins would also be good, being able to cast repentance/Blind/hammer of justice. Anything that can keep that warrior from charge/fear/disarming you during burst.

Double DPS seems pretty viable, the only issue with going hard from the get go is both teams have so much at their disposal at the start of a match that going full mongoloid seems like such a gamble. With Healer/Ret it's all about patience and coordination. Waiting for the perfect window to unleash hell while your healer locks down the opposition.
Edited by Andhar on 9/28/2013 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]