Top dps spec in 5.4 from logs

90 Orc Death Knight
What is the consensus for the highest DK DPS spec in 5.4 from logs?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
it varies.

dw frost at bis. i believe unholy is better as long as you have a fabled feather of ji-kun but im not 100% sure.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Og
here comes jack with another name and guild!
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I've been playing around with both DW frost and unholy, using unholy with a mastery heavy build. In my personal experience unholy seems to be pulling more dps for most fights. Whether or not this is due to my feather, or differences in ability with both specs I am unsure. However, raidbots seems to have unholy DKs performing better at the moment (single target fights specifically), which is consistent with my personal experience.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Og
raidbots seems to have unholy DKs performing better at the moment (single target fights specifically)
More or less because most dks that are playing unholy right now either still have their heroic feather and haven't gotten a replacement yet or have the 4 piece but haven't gotten 2 1 handers for DW. Also another thing to note that the graph on raidbots shows the average rounded dps of the specs from all the logs on WoL and places them accordingly so what you see isn't an exact number of the highest the specs are doing but more what they are averaging out to be at the current moment.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I've been playing around with both DW frost and unholy, using unholy with a mastery heavy build. In my personal experience unholy seems to be pulling more dps for most fights. Whether or not this is due to my feather, or differences in ability with both specs I am unsure. However, raidbots seems to have unholy DKs performing better at the moment (single target fights specifically), which is consistent with my personal experience.

I'd say this is due to your feather - top parses for UH include the feather still.

Things will change as SoO pushes on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]