Healer in PvP.

90 Undead Hunter
I'm starting an alt soon and am wondering on which healer class would be the most fun for PvP. I personally have more fun in battlegrounds than I do in arena so I want a high mobility class that has a good burst heal and lots of mobility. From what I can tell Druid and monk seem to be my best bet but I want another opinion. What healing class do you have the most fun playing with and would be able to play for an extended period of time?
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Priest
holy priest is your best bet

you don't have to cast anything 95% of the time, you have hw: chastise (great for setting up fears), hw: serenity heals a ton, FDCL is amazing as holy, and lastly --- i find that mana is better as holy than disc in a bg setting.
Edited by Kitchenslave on 9/25/2013 5:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Alright, thank you. I'll have to start getting my BoA together. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel like I have pretty good movement in PvP. Between my sprint (70% runspeed buff) coupled with either back to back Freedoms (immune to snares/roots) or one of my bubbles, I can get moving when I really need to.

But my movement has limits, I can move to LoS, then my movement CD's are down, and if they followed me I just have to deal w/ it and heal (or fear/stun and keep trying to run).

Seems to me druids can keep going on the move better than MW monks, but when monks want to move, they cover much more ground much faster than druids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I personally enjoy DPriests and Resto Druids the most in PVP. Resto is so mobile, has strong CC and great instant cast heals. Priest has a lot of nice utility. Mass Dispel is a great spell and I love the bubbles and Penance. I'm not saying either of these classes are the best in pvp right this minute but I have the most fun with those two specs. Resto Shamans are a really close second for me. Not a huge fan of pallys and monks or holy priests.
Reply Quote
After having been really tired of PVP healing( and a bit healing in general I guess) I just recently started healing pvp on this toon again. And, well, I have a ton of fun, but I have to say, even if my mobility isn't that bad, ghost wolf is decent, and riptide is handy, I would think my mobility is alright mostly because people don't actually focus me the way they should.

That being said, while leveling at least, I don't think I've had it as easy in pvp as I did on my holy paladin( I say did, since I'm not about to pvp in the 81-85 bracket while just barely level 83) I am a bit tempted to see how I do now though. I've never played a disc or holy priest though, and resto druids, Idk they weren't for me, but I can totally see the point with the mobility, cc's, HoT's and so on.

Take your time, think about your playstyle, and I'm sure you'll find a bg healer that suits you.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pvp healing as a resto shaman is really fun. But I love druid in BG's. So much flexibility and utility. It really comes down to your play style and what you would enjoy most.

If you enjoy playing Hunter (large burst damage) I would recommend Holy/Disc Priest.

Edit: I've never really played a hunter. Do hunters do large burst damage? I don't know. Ignore everything I say.
Edited by Eah on 9/27/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm starting an alt soon and am wondering on which healer class would be the most fun for PvP. I personally have more fun in battlegrounds than I do in arena so I want a high mobility class that has a good burst heal and lots of mobility. From what I can tell Druid and monk seem to be my best bet but I want another opinion. What healing class do you have the most fun playing with and would be able to play for an extended period of time?

If you are playing BGs and want the most fun healer, it is resto druid.

Hardly get spell locked, can peel off groups when focused, good cc, good aoe healing, and good mobility.

Throw in HotW for a CD that lets you put out some good dps on a focus target.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Edit: I've never really played a hunter. Do hunters do large burst damage? I don't know. Ignore everything I say

Hunters can put out great damage, but really excel in control. Resto dru isn't exactly lackluster in the control department either.
Edited by Sampled on 9/27/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]