State of LFR (not a remove it QQ)

90 Draenei Warrior
I remember reading somwhere Blizzard had an idea to instead of punish healers for DPS being dumb they were making it so the bad stuff on the ground does not do any damage, instead it does a damage debuff on the people who do it.

Doing this, removing all LFR enrage timers, and possibly giving the players who do not take avoidable damage a stacking damage buff, would send LFR into a newer, brighter path

DPS debuff instead of dmg?
Now that's an interesting idea, might help tunnel vision players react, now if only meters could understand dmg reduction debuff applied to you and others that would be great.

Tired of Skada showing me players doing 300k+ dps on Horridon, no gates down.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Well at least the blues are looking at this.

As stated on the last page, I don't want to see LFR completely destroyed, even if it is basically the playerbase's own doing, because I know it is some players' end game no different than me doing heroic progression.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Once you get about four fail buffs > any boss in SoO is cake.

Even after so many fails I never see the LFR drama you people are talking about.

I've watched many of twitch live streams where the pro raid groups falling apart and cursing at each other. Yea LFR has all the drama.> haha

ya I've done a lot of LFR runs and I think I can count the "bad" runs on one hand and still have fingers left over, think this is more along the line of people wanting it to die trying to talk it down more than anything, sure it has issues but from what I've ran into no where near as bad as some of the posters here wants it to have.
90 Gnome Warrior
The real fiascos are in TOT lfr. TOT lfr right now is a lost cause.
90 Troll Priest
It's gone fairly well.

I've done a couple of Raid Finder clears of the first wing of Siege of Orgrimmar. The first week, there were explanations and people followed instructions and the job got done after a few wipes. The second week, there were no explanations, and we just blew throug it.

I had a raid finder run of the second wing of Siege of Orgrimmar yesterday. People didn't know what they were doing, and some of the DPS was terrible. Someone pulled Nazgrim on accident. It took six stacks of Determination to get the Dark Shamans down. Yet, people stuck with it for hours, playing better and better (the Determination helped, too). There wasn't a bunch of complaining, bad language, etc. There were a bunch of Girl Scout jokes after someone pointed out that even a bunch of Girl Scouts could win the fight with that much Determination.

I eventually ran out of time and had to leave, but I had a good time.

It was nice!

As the gear gets better and people practice the fights more, I'm sure most of them will be one-shotted.

Hint: Always snare and/or kill the adds first, and don't go back to the boss until they're dead. This is true for all the fights in that raid, I think. Almost all the wipes on the Shaman and Nazgrim were due to low DPS on the adds.
90 Orc Warlock

Agree. I think of my daughter, who isn't the most skilled player and would not have the option of Flex at this time. She's not going to AFK or be toxic to people. She's going to do her best, probably pulling 40K dps or less while getting some practice and seeing the content. As nice as it is people are moving on to flex (if for community than no other reason) players like this who are not quite ready for Flex, or prefer not to pug/guild, should not be punished.

It depends what you mean by "punished". Not clearing LFR? If the raid group is 25 players like your daughter, then probably not (no offense to her, the more she does it the more she will be practicing and improve, she is exactly the correct audience for it). If by punished you mean "having to deal with terrible people who don't listen and be angry and hostile or just downright AFK", then yes, they should not be punished.

Oh yeah, I meant the toxicity of LFR with the hostility and AFKing. A determined LFR group made of a bunch of people practicing would eventually get their kills just as any raid group would.

But as you pointed out, there is a blue post from your other thread explaining they are keeping an eye on the new LFR audience to suit their needs. So hopefully between Blizzard and the LFR raiders that actually care about the quality of their play style, LFR becomes a better place for the *soon to be new intended audience" whenever Blizzard determines who exactly that is.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Now that's an interesting idea, might help tunnel vision players react, now if only meters could understand dmg reduction debuff applied to you and others that would be great.

It's been done before (for example, in ICC). WoL can show you players with the debuff. I'm not sure it really makes sense as a mechanic to have in every encounter, though.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have not noticed any more toxicity than was present in past LFR tiers, but I have noticed a much more difficult road to finishing it.

What I see missing is more the ability of the group to do the damage necessary to clear the boss. I have only dropped into a few LFR's so far this tier, and I did not see any "one shots" through. I don't think I even saw three shots make it. I saw lots of enrage timers being reached and needing a five stack of determination to get through. I can hold my own and be in top three ish on DPS with raiding normal raiding guilds, but fort me, it is has always been a time thing. Now that Flex is there, I will probably start doing that through Oqueue tonight; and I doubt I will go back to LFR at all this tier.

I do the old LFR's for valor still, but the new ones will take way too long for the investment.
90 Human Warlock
Blizzard recently said that LFR is supposed to be a "lunch break" raid. If that's the case, LFR needs to be tuned down in difficulty level, time commitment, and reward level.

My biggest complaint about LFR right now is that it's just too long. 4 bosses per wing is too much for a casual player. Terrace of Endless Spring had 4 bosses too, but virtually no trash. There is a ton of trash in the first and especially second wing of SoO.
90 Troll Priest
I remember reading somwhere Blizzard had an idea to instead of punish healers for DPS being dumb they were making it so the bad stuff on the ground does not do any damage, instead it does a damage debuff on the people who do it.

A simple pacify, disarm, silence, or stun debuff would do the trick. Everyone hates those.

Also, it should turn you into a gigantic, purple, flashing turkey, so everyone could see that you screwed up. Also, the boss should say your name and laugh at you. The damage meters are not enough.
So who here has done LFR since 5.4 launched and the addition of flex raid? Anyone? Anyone?

Has anyone else noticed the massive drop in overall quality of players and play?

I have not noticed a drop in the quality of players. They are the same as they have been since LFR was launched for DS. LFR has changed, it's more complex and those players can't keep up.
90 Troll Priest
Omg is this all the forums is?

Another thread about LFR.

Kids these days I tell ya
33 Troll Hunter
Once you get about four fail buffs > any boss in SoO is cake.

Even after so many fails I never see the LFR drama you people are talking about.

I've watched many of twitch live streams where the pro raid groups falling apart and cursing at each other. Yea LFR has all the drama.> haha

ya I've done a lot of LFR runs and I think I can count the "bad" runs on one hand and still have fingers left over, think this is more along the line of people wanting it to die trying to talk it down more than anything, sure it has issues but from what I've ran into no where near as bad as some of the posters here wants it to have.

Yeah lol, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZzitoTT14xg#t=79 Don't think LFR would ever get this toxic

Doing this, removing all LFR enrage timers, and possibly giving the players who do not take avoidable damage a stacking damage buff, would send LFR into a newer, brighter path

So, instead of punishing the healer, they're going to punish everyone? I just don't see the player too clueless to move out of ground damage being any more observant about their damage being reduced. Instead of healers having to push it a bit harder, the entire group will have to.
90 Tauren Death Knight
I have done raid finder since 5.4, I did notice a lot of rude people, how ever I'm used to that... as I messed around random bg's and all before trying raid finder for the first time... It was still enjoyable, we did wipe on one boss but once people understood to kill adds the rest went fine, it was fun I'll do more once I get all my timeless gear. ^_^
Community Manager
We're not really seeing a big dramatic shift in completion/failure rates for the first weeks of LFR runs with Flex now in the picture vs. previous tiers, so I think the guesses that Flex is stealing all the good players are probably a bit premature. Probably. But as I said here, we're excited so many people seem to be enjoying Flex, it's going to be preferable to a lot of people over LFR, and of course that's going to have some kind of impact, but it's just too early to know to what extent.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/26/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Targarian
We're not really seeing a big dramatic shift in completion/failure rates for the first weeks of LFR runs with Flex now in the picture vs. previous tiers, so I think the guesses that Flex is stealing all the good players are probably a bit premature. Probably. But as I said [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10081608121?page=24#480"]here[/url], we're excited so many people seem to be enjoying Flex, it's going to be preferable to a lot of people over LFR, and of course that's going to have some kind of impact, but it's just too early to know to what extent.

Agreed. Now, how bout them Gnome hunters and paladins :)

I hunt Gnomes and paladins every chance I get. -_-
90 Worgen Druid
We're not really seeing a big dramatic shift in completion/failure rates for the first weeks of LFR runs with Flex now in the picture vs. previous tiers, so I think the guesses that Flex is stealing all the good players are probably a bit premature. Probably. But as I said [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10081608121?page=24#480"]here[/url], we're excited so many people seem to be enjoying Flex, it's going to be preferable to a lot of people over LFR, and of course that's going to have some kind of impact, but it's just too early to know to what extent.

You clearly have not reviewed the data from wing 2. It's about on par with how ridiculous HOF part 2 was, which you had to nerf.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]