Zoevil's Fashionable Fajitas! (Healer OT)

90 Night Elf Druid
so i think i found my new home but tommorrow doing flex with them its on Ner'zhul ;o

very nice people
Edited by Nillie on 9/26/2013 12:25 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Priest
so i think i found my new home but tommorrow doing flex with them its on Ner'zhul ;o

very nice people

I'm happy for you!! I think I have a lead on a resto druid for my raid too... been hell trying to field a damn raid...
100 Draenei Priest
I actually have a healy question - Does anyone know of a good way to track the shields on Malkorak? I never put in more than a few attempts on H Tortos, so I'm not sure the best way to handle this mechanic, and I feel like I'm grossly overhealing some and not healing others enough right now. I use Vuhdo (thanks a lot, Jo...;) ), but will dl/set up another addon if need be.

There are different colored debuffs related to Ancient Barrier you can use to track. If you want to see the specific shield amount/% then you can wait to see if someone releases an addon for Grid. There's an experimental grid2 version that has it in shield status but I haven't tested it. (I will probably just have my health bars colored by shield presence/strength, like I did with Tortos)

my love hate relationship with vuhdo is extreme. i love the clique casting aspect of it but hate... basically everything else.

maybe i should switch back to mouseovers. i dont know. hate all the things. :<

If you're only using vuhdo for the click casting, you could try clique with whatever else. Personally I much prefer clique to Vuhdo/Healbot's built-in click bindings, but that's just my opinion.
Edited by Evry on 9/26/2013 12:30 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
I like mouseovers a lot. I use them in combination with Elvui's frames. *shrugs*

Probably not the best way, but it works.

Switching to vuhdo click healing freed up SOOOO many keybinds for me that like. it was heaven. and i am in love with it.

but its so frelling hard to make updates to vuhdo on the fly, and the interface hurts my eyes, and there's so much extraneous fluff cluitter that it makes me wanna die.

i miss grid 2. i want grid 2 back. but i don't like clique because it makes my mouse clicks do things no matter where my cursor is, not ONLY on raid frames.

it only doing stuff on raid frames is the ONLY thing i like about vuhdo.

can i recreate this through the macro system, standard UI?

by "this" i mean:

left click over raid frames equals rejuv
left click over an NPC or player body = target
left click over my SUF frames = target
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There are different colored debuffs related to Ancient Barrier you can use to track. If you want to see the specific shield amount/% then you can wait to see if someone releases an addon for Grid. There's an experimental grid2 version that has it in shield status but I haven't tested it. (I will probably just have my health bars colored by shield presence/strength, like I did with Tortos

That's a really good idea. I have it set to show when they have the debuff, but I would like some kind of numberical/graphic representation of how much of a shield they actually have. Is that a setting in Vuhdo, or do you have to do all kinds of configuring to make that happen?

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! I really appreciate it :)
90 Troll Priest
09/26/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Bunnylove
Switching to vuhdo click healing freed up SOOOO many keybinds for me that like. it was heaven. and i am in love with it.

Oh I am one of those people. I have the naga so I have all my mouseovers and standard spells bound to 1-12. And alt-12. And shift-12.

Very unhappy with the small amount of built in macro space.
100 Night Elf Druid

If you're only using vuhdo for the click casting, you could try clique with whatever else. Personally I much prefer clique to Vuhdo/Healbot's built-in click bindings, but that's just my opinion.

the problem is that clique makes me cast heals regardless of where my cursor is, not ONLY on raid frames. i can't stand that.

i like this:

mousewheel up over raid frame = wild growth
mousewheel down over raid frame = dispel
mousewheel anywhere else = camera zoom

not:

mousewheel anywhere = healing regardless of where you are or what you're doing *stab stab stab*
90 Night Elf Druid

very nice people

I'm happy for you!! I think I have a lead on a resto druid for my raid too... been hell trying to field a damn raid...

yea it is got 3 offers before i made a thread on the forums and then got bombed 25man guilds that has sat/sunday days and or secret bidding system didnt want that :/

like the loot system where you roll or pass if a person needs that more then you and it will benefit the raid more

even got offer from a guild that used to be on my server that hated my guts guess people really want resto druids right now lol
Edited by Nillie on 9/26/2013 12:39 PM PDT
100 Draenei Priest
i miss grid 2. i want grid 2 back. but i don't like clique because it makes my mouse clicks do things no matter where my cursor is, not ONLY on raid frames.

You can change this in clique so it only works on raid frames. or whatever frames. or do different things based on friend/foe, in/out of combat.

Oh I am one of those people. I have the naga so I have all my mouseovers and standard spells bound to 1-12. And alt-12. And shift-12.

Pfft. I use mouseovers for everything and don't use a naga (I have one though..) ~45 keybinds for raiding.
100 Night Elf Priest

yea it is got 3 offers before i made a thread on the forums and then got bombed 25man guilds that has sat/sunday days and or secret bidding system didnt want that :/

like loot system where you roll or pass if a person needs that more then you and it will benefit the raid more

even got offer from a guild that used to be on my server that hated my guts guess people really want resto druids right now lol

Yeah... we've been digging for one for weeks... we had one that just this week sorted out that we raid more than one night a week and says he can't make the second night... like... really...

and Honestly, I would kill for a decent third healer that is not a priest/shaman in general... we have 2 of each of those classes in the raid already...
100 Night Elf Druid
whaaaaaaat i couldnt figure out how to make clique do that. :<

have i been suffering through vuhdo for weeks for no reason?!?!!?
Edited by Bunnylove on 9/26/2013 12:42 PM PDT
90 Troll Priest
Pfft. I use mouseovers for everything and don't use a naga (I have one though..) ~45 keybinds for raiding.

It's definitely possible but I hate it. I admire those that can.

I have 36 mapped to the mouse and then f1 - f12 mapped as well. So I guess we're about even.

Doesnt' seem like that much ?
90 Human Priest
So I log on this morning at 9:30am, a half hr before the raid, after having watched the Malkorok & spoils videos again to refresh my memory.

Healing lead whispers me and says "did you see the post from late last night that we want you to run holy today to work on Malkorok?"

I said "no, I haven't run Holy except for a couple of months at the beginning of Cata"

He says "OK, but we need you as Holy today"

"Ok," I said, "I can do some regemming and grab a Holy spec, but it'd be better if you'd sit me for this, for now; I also only have 11k Spirit"

"I'm not sitting you. Grab a Holy spec and we'll see what we can accomplish despite how little you know the spec."

... so... now I'm working on a Holy spec, a little ahead of schedule <gulp>
100 Night Elf Priest
http://images.wikia.com/gtawiki/images/archive/a/a5/20091230105243!Patriot-GTA4-modified-front.jpg

hrm..... I could this as a cake I think... wouldhave to modify it so that laid frame, but I'm pretty sure I can get black fondant and the flags as sugar sheets....
90 Night Elf Druid

like loot system where you roll or pass if a person needs that more then you and it will benefit the raid more

Yeah... we've been digging for one for weeks... we had one that just this week sorted out that we raid more than one night a week and says he can't make the second night... like... really...

and Honestly, I would kill for a decent third healer that is not a priest/shaman in general... we have 2 of each of those classes in the raid already...

awh that sucks :(

well this new guild raids monday to friday thats 4 days instead of 2 so yea going long weeks for me lol on the bright side i get to stay horde

just hope i dont !@#$ up tomorrow and make myself look bad since im only 4/12 and their 9/14Heroic
90 Troll Priest
... so... now I'm working on a Holy spec, a little ahead of schedule <gulp>

25m, so switch those orange gems from int/crit (you still have 5 int/crit) to int/mastery.

Force that EoL do it's job, lazy Holy HoT.

It's not too bad going Holy. I am going to ask if I can for flex this week since I'm bored of disc ... (ssssh don't tell anyone). For 25m you get to mostly camp in blue stance, without much stance dance time.

You can use Halo to build up the shields like no other, just run in toward the boss, hit it, and run out. Everyone will be nearly at max range.

ust hope i dont !@#$ up tomorrow and make myself look bad since im only 4/12 and their 9/14Heroic

That's always my fear. I was 0/14 and the guild is 14/14 (though garrosh was on 10m). I managed to do alright. I think people have to understand that it might take you a pull to learn.

Just don't make the same mistake twice.
Edited by Naér on 9/26/2013 12:52 PM PDT
100 Draenei Priest

Open clique options, go to frame blacklist, select all, then go down the list and uncheck the ones you want clique bindings to work on. I'm not sure if you can have different blacklists for different click-sets, don't have access to the game at the moment.

Doesnt' seem like that much ?

meh. I use WER for movement and gain a lot of keybinds near those. Combined with using thumb buttons as Alt and Ctrl it works quite well.
Edited by Evry on 9/26/2013 12:55 PM PDT
90 Human Priest
you can do it, iritha! Ask tiriel about how much spirit i had on malkorok last night!
90 Troll Priest
12k spirit is enough for holy I'd think. Ideally 13-14 if you really blow through mana but I have meta. I'm dirty and abuse it to do my bidding.

I would even go lower if I had dsssssssssyymmmmorphic trinkety thingy thing.
100 Night Elf Druid

Open clique options, go to frame blacklist, select all, then go down the list and uncheck the ones you want clique bindings to work on. I'm not sure if you can have different blacklists for different click-sets, don't have access to the game at the moment.

hmm what about npcs and players. like it really annoys me to click on a friendly npcand cast something instead of targeting him. :P

p'raps i will try it out this weekend, i wish i had time to experiment with my UI before raiding but usually i barely have time to eat dinner. :<
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]