When to select healing spec

Hi all,

Im going to be rolling a pally here soon. Im looking to do some healing with him. Im looking to start on a new server with a friend. I really like healing since im terrible at DPS and dont know dungeons enough to tank. I also would like to take my time on this char and do some leveling. My question is should I choose a healing spec at level 10 or choose dps and then dual spec at 30? If i choose holy at 10 how do I level solo?

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
When I leveled this toon when the expansion came out, I was going to heal the whole time when I hit max level, but I didn't even do a dual spec til I hit 90. I did that just because I wanted to level as fast as I could, didn't want to deal with people in dungeons, and quested my !@# off.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you have any prior healing experience, I'd probably just wait til 30. The hpally healing kit before then is pretty darn boring.
Reply Quote
Yea, my druid is resto. Im just getting sick of HoTs. I would like to try more direct and fuller heals, but i think i will pick ret first then dual spec. I appreciate the help!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you have any prior healing experience, I'd probably just wait til 30. The hpally healing kit before then is pretty darn boring.

Not to mention that anything solo with just a healing spec would be a bit tedious.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest

Implying it ever changes. /holy paladin hate
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i leveled as holy. it actually wasn't so bad. not as fast as ret or prot but not as awful as everyone makes it out to be
Reply Quote
Whats there to hate about holy paladins?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing, we're delightful. Ezekiah needs more cookies.

/cookie :D

Honestly, I prefer leveling as a tank and just blasting through dungeons with BoAs, but that's not a good way to learn how to heal on a toon ^^;
Reply Quote
Yea, id like to slow things down and take my time since im on a new server.. Weeblzwobble, how long does it usually take you to hit 90 doing straight dungeons in BoA gear?
Reply Quote
Also, how is questing as protection? Any slower or faster than ret?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've never leveled as ret, and I have about 8 days /played on this toon not at max level, so I guess that's how long? I'm not the most efficient leveler, haha.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Low level as holy isn't too bad but as you get up there it gets slower and more tedious. So you could level as holy until 30 and then dual spec ret. Quest in ret, dungeon in holy. Or you could level as ret until 30 and then dual spec holy. I honestly don't think there'd be much of a difference apart from gear. You'll need two sets of gear even at low levels if you're going to do both roles. If you're an experienced healer you could probably get away with healing a dungeon as ret but be prepared for crankiness from other party members.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]