The Hidden Quest

100 Human Paladin
So with cataclysm drawing ever so closer, and still the rumored "hidden quest" yet to be solved. Will we ever get a confirmed blue post about it? With the old world changing we may lose a valuable piece of Warcraft history. Not lore history, wow history in general.

what do you guys think?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Which hidden quest is this?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
In the last year, Blizzard provided the ability to list every quest in the game, so that add-ons could provide guidance for Loremaster.

Hence, the "hidden" quest hasn't been hidden for quite some time. They may also have removed it in either of the two previous expansions, though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The only hidden quest I'm aware of is "Cluck!" as there is absolutely no way to know that if you spend a 1/2 hour clucking at a chicken, it will give you a quest.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Are you talking about the spirit quests?

If I remember correctly there were nine quests put in pre-bc that could only be done while dead. A few of them were found, the BRD key quest and umm. Idk of any others that were found.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
there are apparently still quests that no player has completed.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
This reminds me of something that was a popular urban legend in vanilla. Apparently if you went to the very top of ironforge at sunrise or sunset while dead there was a ghost who you could talk to and who would comment on the setting or rising of the sun.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
there are screenshots of GM's saying this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
there are screenshots of GM's saying this.

Just messing with you IMO, with twelve million highly obsessed people playing this game every waking hour, that's not even possible.

idk..... i mean there are some rumors that the hidden quest can only be activated by a serious of emotes.

this guy is rumored to be connected with the quest some how

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=8617/zalashji#comments

one of the only if not the only friendly naga in game
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
This is rather perplexing. I do remember turning in a quest to that friendly naga a few years ago though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Gms always say there are quest no one has done.

They always said it in everquest 1 too. It turned out that several in that game had not been done, because they could not be done.

So its likely the same deal here. They are probably bugged quests, if they have not been done.

People have seen, mined, etc every quest in the game that you can do.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'm a bit obsessed with questing and quest completion. Using the addon Everyquest I've determined that there are a small number of quests I haven't/can't complete. This includes all of Azeroth, Outland, and Northrend quests.

Among them are:
- Duke Hydraxis MC quests (no longer available)
- Tauren specific quests
- Bang a Gong (I completed the Scepter quest chain, but of course I can't open the gates)
- Blasted lands Imperfect/Perfect Draenethyst fragments (too annoying to bother with)
- Naxxramas raid continuation quests (after the first one available at LHC)
- Nightmare Engulfed Object (haven't killed a green world dragon on this char)
- Avast ye Admiral (I decided to grind out Goblin factions instead)
- Arena Grand Master
- Arathi Basin 5 cap quest chain for the tabard
- Raid dungeon drop quests (Ony/Nef/ head, Kael sphere, Algalon reply code, EoE key 10/25, Quel'Delar chain
- Create epic armor quests (these mainly involve plate and mail items, useless to a priest)
- Al'dor quests (Scryer for life!)
- Cap Skyshatter ( >.> ...)
- Uncatalogued Species (cannot complete after honored)
- Raid legendary quests (Thunderfury, Sulf Hammer, Quel'Serrar, Aitesh, Shadowmourne, Val'anyr [21 frags...] )
- Perhaps a few more that I didn't list involving other factions and such.

I dare any GM to show me a quest I don't know about.

Of course this all changes in 3 weeks. But be assured I will be doing all quests on Horde and Alliance to keep my questing knowledge intact.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
All of WoW has been data-mined to the dust. There are no hidden quests anymore. There may have been but have been removed.
Reply Quote
88 Troll Mage
I'm a bit obsessed with questing and quest completion. Using the addon Everyquest I've determined that there are a small number of quests I haven't/can't complete. This includes all of Azeroth, Outland, and Northrend quests.

Among them are:
- Duke Hydraxis MC quests (no longer available)
- Tauren specific quests
- Bang a Gong (I completed the Scepter quest chain, but of course I can't open the gates)
- Blasted lands Imperfect/Perfect Draenethyst fragments (too annoying to bother with)
- Naxxramas raid continuation quests (after the first one available at LHC)
- Nightmare Engulfed Object (haven't killed a green world dragon on this char)
- Avast ye Admiral (I decided to grind out Goblin factions instead)
- Arena Grand Master
- Arathi Basin 5 cap quest chain for the tabard
- Raid dungeon drop quests (Ony/Nef/ head, Kael sphere, Algalon reply code, EoE key 10/25, Quel'Delar chain
- Create epic armor quests (these mainly involve plate and mail items, useless to a priest)
- Al'dor quests (Scryer for life!)
- Cap Skyshatter ( >.> ...)
- Uncatalogued Species (cannot complete after honored)
- Raid legendary quests (Thunderfury, Sulf Hammer, Quel'Serrar, Aitesh, Shadowmourne, Val'anyr [21 frags...] )
- Perhaps a few more that I didn't list involving other factions and such.

I dare any GM to show me a quest I don't know about.

Of course this all changes in 3 weeks. But be assured I will be doing all quests on Horde and Alliance to keep my questing knowledge intact.

Impressive.. I'm pretty close myself as well.. Just need the 2 reply codes, 2 chromatic carapace quests, magtheridon's head, arena grandmaster, aldor quests, magram quests, crystal in the mountains (I've deleted that thing so many times, never knew I didn't have it yet), and the only song I know (hopefully some frozen runes pop up on the AH).. and of course I never got atiesh and didn't get scarab lord.. and never got uncatalogued species.. and I can't get the tauren or blood elf specific quests as a troll.. I have 5871 quests total, 2167 of which are dailies or something to that effect.. So 3704 non-dailies? I think.. But some quests that are repeatable count multiple times on that quest count while other repeatables don't count at all, so who knows how accurate that is.

But... EveryQuest queries the server.. So who's to say they aren't blocking some of that content from being queried? I mean, the datamining might catch everything, but maybe they have a way of concealing that information from being datamined as well.. I dunno, maybe a server side script that looks for a certain interaction and sends the data then to the player that did the interaction.. Even if it's unlikely, it's still nice to think there's some secret quests people have never found.
Edited by Semi on 11/16/2010 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember there being a key that doesn't unlock anything... or maybe I'm just imagining it.

But there's definitely a locked box in Tirisfal (I think) that can't be opened.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
There are a handful that are hidden in plain sight. For example, did you know that you can do two breadcrumb quests to visit the Darkmoon Faire? I bet you have probably seen the one in your faction's capital, but have you done the one from the enemy captial (these quests are only up when the Faire is at a sepecific location - IF quest when its at Elwynn, Org quest when its at TB)? Similar story with some Winterveil quests as well I think, the 'save Metzen' one in particular.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]