The Old Sentry Totem Phantom Runner Trick

85 Goblin Shaman
Does anyone else remember that old bug with sentry totem that if you cast it while jumping forward that it would send a "fake" version of you running forward.

I can't remember how many times I scared my guild in Molten Core and BWL back then with that trick during prep time before bosses.

"Reike... what are you... Reike... get back here.... WTH MAN!? ... what the..."

As my character strolls right between the bosses feet.

Good times.

I also used it to escape getting ganked by sending my fake off the cliff and watched as the alliance dived off after it. I felt that might be a bit abusive so I only did that once when I was seeing if alliance saw a fake me as well.

But this was a bug back in Vanilla, like a good little boy I submitted it, but it didn't get fixed till a few patches later.

I was a bit sad to see it go, it was like the party trick shamans could do at raids.

I swear, sometimes the flaws in games make them the most interesting.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I don't think a lot of people knew about it. This was like a 2 month long period in vanilla.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I don't remember the totem glitch but I sure do remember the

/sit
/stand

macro that would do the same.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

/sit
/stand

?? the wha? how did that work?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Only bug I can remember is if you were off the ground and laid it, you would be stuck in the air as well.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman

/sit
/stand

?? the wha? how did that work?

Make a macro that was

/sit
/stand

over and over until you reach character cap. Put it on your bar. Run forward. Spam the button. Your screen would lock up but to everyone around you you look like you're running forward. I freaked out my guild back in Vanilla by doing that into Ony. :P

They broke that macro REALLY fast when the very first arena season people started to abuse it and fool others to run off the bridge in Blade's Edge arena. It doesn't work anymore so don't try.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
or the ring of mini pets around people. that was the best
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]