Addons for Spriest

80 Undead Priest
I just started playing Spriest, I know the rotation and stats and all the theory stuff but I am having a lot of trouble keeping track of the rotation.

I am using class timers to track VT, DP and to be safe SW:P.
I have everything key bound comfortably but I am finding it tricky using MB every time its up as well as track VT and DP and MF channeling.

Is there any macros or addons that can help me?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
needtoknow (best buff/debuff tracker) puts timer bars up for yout stuff...fully customizable and movable

for now only cast MB when it lights up...come caty with the current changes you'll only need 1 orb before ya cast MB to get the dot buff

as of right now just get your dots up and MF till MB lights up then MB...and reapply dots as needed
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
There's a cool addon called "SpellFlash".. It will flash your rotation to you based on whether or not you're moving or if the mob is below 25%. If you need to fade, disperse, or bubble, that also flashes for you. I got it to help me keep buffs up (Fort, Spriest, Innerfire, and VE.. cause those flash too).

Others that I use are.. ShadowTimers -- Great addon for your dots. It keeps track of your VT, SW:P, DP and Orb count right in the middle of your screen.

I use Power Auras Classic to help with my shadow fiend/arch angel/evangelism/shadow word:death cooldowns.

Another one that is minor is Priest Intelligent Notifier. It lets the raid/party know when you use fear, fear ward, mind control, power infusion, psychic horror, silence, hymn of hope, or divine hymn. I mainly just got it for the two Hymns... got tired of calling in vent that I was using either to my raid. This one is optional and has nothing to do with your rotation really, but it was helpful to me so I like to share that type of thing with others.

All of these addons can be found at curse.com
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
Use modifiers on all your spells for focus target dpsing :D
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
needtoknow (best buff/debuff tracker) puts timer bars up for yout stuff...fully customizable and movable

I 2nd NeedToKnow.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

for now only cast MB when it lights up...come caty with the current changes you'll only need 1 orb before ya cast MB to get the dot buff

as of right now just get your dots up and MF till MB lights up then MB...and reapply dots as needed

This is wrong, you should MB when it's off cooldown.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Based on what I have seen it seems its good atm to MB on 2-3 orbs but unsure of 1 orb, coming from someone who has played a hunter since the beginning of WoTLK this is a much harder rotation.

Based on the way the other classes use their procs I am sure blizzard are intending for us to only use it on 3 orbs so I hope it gets tweeked.

Thanks for the replies.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
May i also suggest ForteXorcist, it is like NeedToKnow. I am just starting to use it so haven't made up my mind on either one.

Also if you would like a compilation of addons i suggest http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18304-VelranUI.html.

It was created by a spriest so it has a lot of nice things.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Based on what I have seen it seems its good atm to MB on 2-3 orbs .

shadowpriest.com has really good theory crafting info. always good to check there, esp when we have a build that impacts shadow as we did last night with the mastery/orb changes.

From what I understand > 2 orbs, cast MB. Use MF as a filer if all dots are up. Check the priority list for your casts on the forums. rotation is....subjective on the mob (if its actually alive long enough).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Based on what I have seen it seems its good atm to MB on 2-3 orbs but unsure of 1 orb, coming from someone who has played a hunter since the beginning of WoTLK this is a much harder rotation.

Based on the way the other classes use their procs I am sure blizzard are intending for us to only use it on 3 orbs so I hope it gets tweeked.

Thanks for the replies.

Well considering you don't have 4pc t10, you should be casting MB on cooldown ALWAYS, no exceptions. Anyone that tells you to wait for 3 (even with 4pc t10) is wrong. I sometimes wait for 1 orb but that's it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
For me, All I use is two Add-Ons:
X-Perl-You can configure this to only show your debuffs on a target and also make them bigger, as well as showing the duration left on them on the target.

Imo, you don't need to know every single debuff on a target, considering anything relevant to a fight you can know from other indicators.

And secondly Quartz.
Shows ticks of a channeled spell, latency, and up to 0.000 precision in cast time.

Any add-on that shows your debuffs on a target off to the side with timers, imo is just unnecessary seeing as with my set-up you can just see them directly on the target.
Edited by Zerodegreez on 11/10/2010 11:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
Quartz for castbar, Power Auras for DoT tracking, and Tidy Plates for a enemy nameplate replacement.

I have my timers on my casting bar(quartz), at my feet (with power auras), and on the boss' nameplate(tidy plates). No matter where I look on the screen, I know exactly how many seconds before VT runs out.
Reply Quote
86 Human Priest
I really like MFClip for keeping up with Dots and MF channel timing...unless ur gonna be healing a lot quartz is good for general spell casting timing. Plus its info at end of fight is solid for knowing if you did a good job keeping dots up 100%...

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]