character screen avoidance DRs

85 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
Does the avoidance shown in out character screens' defense tab show the diminished values now?

I ask because I picked up a royal seal this evening and has an on use +parry effect. Wowhead says the use provides 8.4% parry for the duration, but my character screen changes from ~19% to ~24%. To see that it's not just the trinket, I pulled out my glyph of indom which wowhead shows as providing 11.31% dodge; it caused my dodge to jump from roughly 19% to around 25%.

Am I just weeks behind and the (Before diminished returns) part there just to confuse people?
Reply Quote
86 Orc Death Knight
When you mouseover, it will say X rating (Y% before diminishing returns). And that value is correct; the Y% is before diminishing returns.

However, the sheet itself will say A% dodge, B% parry. These values, the ones displayed on the sheet itself with no mouseover, are the diminished values.
Reply Quote
there's an addon called Ratings Buster (i think), and it shows in () nest to each stat what it provides. Hit, Expertise, Mastery, Dodge, Parry, you name it. What's even better is that it factor's in the diminishing returns as well. So if you equipped your glyph, it wold say in parens next to it that it increases dodge by around 6%, and if you took all your gear off, it would say around 11%.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]