Holding Aggro in BGs (for Prot)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well it looks like prot is finally gonna have a place in rated PvP (woot) and theres more for us to do then just carry flags(although we're a good choice for FC). We're gonna have lots of chances to get in there and mix it up with the other team too. A big part of my strat atm is getting the other team to focus their fire on me since I have the most mitigation on my team and any attacks directed at me lose some of there power. But most decent pvpers know to ignore the prots and kill the healers then the dps and pick us off at the end. So I've been kicking around ways to get the other team to attack me.

#1 Lead the Charge ... this is simple I go in first and start hitting people, its natural they focus on me while the dps specs drop bombs and the healers keep me up without breaking a sweat. It works but it doesn't take long for the other team to switch to squisher targets.
#2 Pretend to be a Healer ... this is one of my favorites, instead of leading the charge I'll hang back and drop heals on my team. The heals aren't that big but they help and the other team tends to think I'm a healer and focuses me. Then the real heals and dps specs are free to do their thing. Of course this works better for pallies:P
#3 Taunt ... even if players are immune to taunt their pets aren't. Pulling a pet may not be much but everything helps. Also if the pets can be pulled far enough away from their masters they unsummon.
#4 Make them hate you ... sure taunt might not work but /lol can still get the other team mad at you. I've pulled people off nodes and into or away from incoming zergs of my guys just with a couple of /lols. This works real well in WG/TB type BGs where you'll be seeing the same guys over and over. Make them know you. Make them hate you enough to go out of their way to try to gank you so your mage buddy can toast them over and over.
Just remember this is just a game, no reason to ruin somebodies fun time with alot of /spits and rude comments.

Anyway thats all I've come up with so far.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
^
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
People who pvp as prot, especially paladins, should burn in a very special hell. (Aside from going in as a FC or similar.)

Avenger's Shield cd reset + prot damage is pretty lols. I PUSH BUTTONS AND WIN! (I can kill most things without even recalling my keybinds as a pvp protadin.)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Bring fireworks and /flex always gets them riled up, especially after you CC or kill someone. You can also pretend to be ret and shield up when they target you.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Silly pally....you cant hold aggro on us we arnt NPC we are humans lol we do what we want and fight what we want
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
tcf
People who pvp as prot, especially paladins, should burn in a very special hell. (Aside from going in as a FC or similar.)

Avenger's Shield cd reset + prot damage is pretty lols. I PUSH BUTTONS AND WIN! (I can kill most things without even recalling my keybinds as a pvp protadin.)

i'm sorry, but what is so different about a prot paladin than any other class?

Everyone pushes buttons and wins. Prot paladins tend to survive better than other classes. Our damage is "lols" because we survive longer than most people.

Last I checked, my mage rocks a ton more than my paladin as far as damage goes. But as soon as someone sees me trucking someone, its time to run. (Perdan is my mage btw)

I really don't see why survivability in pvp requires a nerf. If I can do a 5 man heroic (wotlk heroic) with 4 dps and no healer, 1-2 people in pvp should be cake. I'm a tank.. its what I do.

As for the above strat.. if 4 mages on the other team all crit you for 25k each, there won't be anything left to heal. Work as a team, and don't get focus fired.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not sure I agree with don't get focused. The thing is a good team will always focus and burn somebody and 9 times outta 10 it'll be the healer.
So lets say I get four mages on me and they all crit at the same time. That's 100k and I'm dead. My team's healer is still up though and I'd say I did my job. But if I see the four mages and pop DP (glyphed of course) and AG I get 60% damage reduction. So the 100k turns into 40k and I'm still up (AG didn't even proc). I can lay on hands and they can all crit again, the healer can get on me, I can bubble when DP/AG wears off and the mages will take another shot at me before they switch. Meanwhile if my team is doing their job its now 2-3 mages with out a healer.
Seems to me that since I'm the only guy on my team who has a chance to survive getting focused I should draw fire when and if I can.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]