Changes to Affliction Filler

80 Undead Warlock
I like how Shadowbolt feels for the class in PvE; my personal preference is to have a cast-based nuke as my filler. I have a Shadow Priest (had, I re-spec'd her into Holy / Disc), and I didn't like the channeled nuke style of play. But that's just my preference.

I would feel very unhappy with my Affliction Warlock if I had to suddenly start playing her like I did my Shadow Priest. On the other hand, I also recognize that there are Warlock players who prefer the Drain Life-style as their filler. I want them to be able to have fun, just like I want to have my fun. It'd be pretty selfish of me to want it ONLY my way.

The issue with your argument is that there is already a shadowbolt spamming spec. Thats Demonology.

Corr = Corr
BoA = BoD
UA = Immolate
Haunt = HoG
Shadowbolt = Shadowbolt

Why do you believe it unfair for there to be one drain spec and one SB spec? Why do you consider it fair to have two specs for people who like Shadowbolts and none for those who want drains?

P.S. no, they will never make aff equally viable with 2 different fillers, not on purpose (it might happen by accident, as it is right now).
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warlock
Posting my idea from the warlock forums.
Give affliction a new spell called-
Focused Shadows
It would be just like drain life except with no self healing on it and more damage.
That way we wouldnt have amazing self healing in pve if we used this, wed be more of a drain/dot spec and affliction could get their own soulburn cd to use. (make the soulburn for Focused Shadows cause a buff to the warlock that increases shadow damage by 5%)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Sup. Want to spam a nuke? Go play destruction.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I like how Shadowbolt feels for the class in PvE; my personal preference is to have a cast-based nuke as my filler. I have a Shadow Priest (had, I re-spec'd her into Holy / Disc), and I didn't like the channeled nuke style of play. But that's just my preference.

I would feel very unhappy with my Affliction Warlock if I had to suddenly start playing her like I did my Shadow Priest. On the other hand, I also recognize that there are Warlock players who prefer the Drain Life-style as their filler. I want them to be able to have fun, just like I want to have my fun. It'd be pretty selfish of me to want it ONLY my way.

The issue with your argument is that there is already a shadowbolt spamming spec. Thats Demonology.

Corr = Corr
BoA = BoD
UA = Immolate
Haunt = HoG
Shadowbolt = Shadowbolt

Why do you believe it unfair for there to be one drain spec and one SB spec? Why do you consider it fair to have two specs for people who like Shadowbolts and none for those who want drains?

P.S. no, they will never make aff equally viable with 2 different fillers, not on purpose (it might happen by accident, as it is right now).

Did you read the last bit of my paragraph? I underlined it for you.

And the more I think about it, sub-25%, Affliction's filler becomes Drain Soul - a channeled filler. I don't know, I just like the dynamic of it, the feel of it. I simply said I prefer the cast-nuke style for Affliction over the Drain/channel style. That doesn't mean my way is the only way, or the right way, I'm simply saying I like things how they are.

I do not play Demonology, I have never played Demonology, nor do I ever plan on doing so.
Reply Quote

@ Affixiation

Drain Life Damage is fine and the self healing is not OP in anyway. We don't need a new drain they just need to leave Drain Life the way it is it is fine and balanced.

Has anyone actually tried it or our you just talking out your ass? Because the people who say the self healing is op must have NEVER EVER played affliction before 4.01 because then corruption was healing me for insane amounts. Drain Life does not even come close to how much corruption used to heal us, and the damage is fine its just about equal with shadow bolt.
Edited by Mergana on 11/11/2010 4:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
SE will continue to hold Affliction back. It's only in the game for the sake of being there. It does nothing else except exist to piss off warlock.

Any warlock clinging to SBolt as the filler for affliction is also part of the problem. Why do you insist on using a butterknife to cut down a tree instead of a chain saw? DL > Sbolt and actually does a lot to differentiate affliction from the other 2 nuke heavy specs warlock's already possess.

Stop living in the past and holding the class back.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
But why do you guys focus so much over the fact that you have one ONE direct damage spell to deal with? Two if you want to lump haunt in there.

Because that ONE spell happens to deal over 50% of our damage AND is the spell we cast the most by far? Its not about the amount of spells, its about what they do.

About your second question. Does it hurt? Yes, it hurts, a LOT. In PvP.
Edited by Stonedsoul on 11/11/2010 8:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
But why do you guys focus so much over the fact that you have one ONE direct damage spell to deal with? Two if you want to lump haunt in there.

Because that ONE spell happens to deal over 50% of our damage AND is the spell we cast the most by far? Its not about the amount of spells, its about what they do.

About your second question. Does it hurt? Yes, it hurts, a LOT. In PvP.

PvP I can totally understand, making shadowbolt a faster cast would help demo and affliction in that area.

even with a faster cast it still does not do the damage a affy could get off dots and drains. and I highly doubt they would make SB a fast casting spell the QQ would be deafening.

edit...can I get my old DL back the one that lasted, god first time I played after they changed it I was like wtf did I cancel my DL
Edited by Divademonica on 11/12/2010 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
There is still a warlock section; use it.

Nope. Think back a little. Blizz was going to remove the class forums. When they gave in to the idea of keeping them open, there was a post stating that they would be for player use, not feedback to the Devs.

This thread is about how to deal damage as [insert spec here] and is read by the people OP wants to see it. Your dislike is incorrect.
Reply Quote
Get with the times, the 3 second cast is great! well for me with my haste level its more of a 2.09 second cast but hey its awesome!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Blizz either needs to make SB scale with our mastery, or put DL as the primary aff filler. The last thing I want to see is scaling problems with aff again. And why does destro still have ISB? The very description of the tree says FIRE... yet aff locks still have to go over into the tree to work correctly... anyone else see a problem with this? I see 2 options here.

1) Make DL the primary aff filler. It scales with our mastery, gives us back some of the self healing capability aff is famous for, and is obviously more in line with the whole spec.

2) Move ISB over into the aff tree, make SB an affliction spell, and turn it into a fireball like spell where it has a DOT component. The aff setup is just straight sloppy right now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]