Best place to farm borean leather???

85 Night Elf Druid
in my opinion its the place in zul drak with the raptors they usually give around 2 to 3 borean each what do you guys think know of a place better let me know?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
If you are using that toon, I would suggest the basin. Go to where the mammoth herds are, one MF will kill one, or starfall and kill the herds. , by the time you kill them all, and maybe a drake or two they start to respawn.
Reply Quote
I go for the mammoth herds in Storm Peaks, I get the mammoths and the jormunger, giving me lots of leather, some scales and I use all the mammoth meat to make mammoth steaks... Good profit in little time there.. And you can AoE and take down 10 mammoths at a time...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
yea i tried that it works pretty well but i still like killin the raptors cuz they almost always atleast give 2 leather each and sometimes gives 3 each plus they vendor junk they drop sells for a decent price lol
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I usually go with whatever also drops something else I need at the time. If I need chitin then I farm Nerubians. If I need chilled meat, I go with the Sholozar Gorillas. If I need Chunk o'Mammoth for my Hunter's pet food, I go with Mammoths.

Lots of things are skinnable for good leather so look at the other drops and decide on that.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I tend to go with rhino's in storm peaks (back when armor pen food was very valuable; rhino meat for the food was great). The best spot to find them is just east of the Temple of Storms; there is a bit of a downside though - the flying drakes occasionally tag a rhino and (even if you were busy killing it), make it un-skinnable.

Not too far from that location is a cave, where there's a Horde NPC inside (and a horde quest to kill a named, but not elite, giant wolf). That cave has nice respawn times, the mobs are plentiful. Again there is a downside in that the Jormungr worms fight the smaller wolves, and can occasionally make a corpse that is unlootable/skinnable.

Gorilla's in Scholozar aren't bad, and also respawn quickly -- the thing is most skinners know of that location and you might run into having some mob-tagging-wars with others. Throughout most of Wrath, though, the rhino's & wolf/worm caves I've rarely seen anyone farming for leather.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
in my opinion its the place in zul drak with the raptors they usually give around 2 to 3 borean each what do you guys think know of a place better let me know?

I am going to have to agree with you on this. At first I thought "Naahh, AOE kills FTW", like the apes in the Basin. That was how I did it "back in the day" of WOTLK. I WAS WRONG! You were right... I picked up over 240 skins in less than an hour, made 43g in vendor trash, got a few greens and best of all, on kill number 67 (of the Gundarak Raptors), the 8k gold at AH battle pet "Gundarak Hatchling" dropped. A very profitable experience, indeed! I just kept running in circles around that end of the map, also killing the bats as I went by and skinning them, too.

Thanks for the solid info!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]