why do alts get risk-free gank passes post-68

85 Troll Druid
I should most probably make you aware you can purchase cold weather flying from Borean tundrak and Howling Fjord as well as dalaran at 68.
85 Tauren Druid
Think it's just Borean Tundra, Dal, Sholazar, and K3, actually. No flying trainers in the Howling Fjord.
79 Draenei Shaman
PvP happens on a PvP server
100 Human Paladin
I should most probably make you aware you can purchase cold weather flying from Borean tundrak and Howling Fjord as well as dalaran at 68.

Ah, good to know that they added in the ability to train in Borean Tundra. No alts that level, so hadn't had a reason to check.
Not trolling when I say this, but you re-rolled ALLIANCE ON BLACKROCK.

Blackrock is (arguably) the most Horde dominated "high-end" US server.

Sargeras, Kel'Thuzad, Korgath, or Proudmoore would have been much more in your favor.
100 Night Elf Druid
so i just got this guy into northrend. i leveled him up on a server where i had no other characters because every other server i have characters on is absolutely dead population-wise.

i have quickly noticed hordies who will simply fly over me at a safe range and watch what i do, and the moment i attack a mob in PvE they swoop down and take the opportunity to gank me. this'd be all fine and well except that because this is a fresh character, i am COMPLETELY restricted from purchasing cold weather flying until 77, meaning i'm stuck on the ground while they can hover above me with zero risk to themselves and simply strike when the odds are in their favor. i just want to say that i find this extremely lame and i'm a bit disappointed that blizzard would design leveling content like this. why should they get to gank me whenever they want at no risk to themselves just because they have another character on that server that leveled up in the area BEFORE this kind of risk-free ganking was ever possible?

This is actually one of the main issues I have with PVP Servers. That's not PVP, that's cowardice. Plain and simple. I don't understand why people tout how much fun PVP is on PVP servers, when the majority of activity is activity such as this.

Wait until someone is in battle, sneak up, BAM kill them.

Or better yet, kill people as they zone in to an area and are an honorless target. That takes skill!
85 Night Elf Warrior
this thread delivers
75 Tauren Shaman
At least we give mostly right answers....just with a bit of a bite!
85 Human Death Knight
This is a slap in the face and will result in the death of wow because of these hardcore carebear elitist ganker casuals ruining the game for everyone by wanting epics delivered to their mailboxes on a silver platter and making sure only the leetest of the leet can access endgame content.

Also, CWF is at 68.
85 Troll Death Knight
STV in 2005 says hi.

God I miss that. I was one of the people that looked forward to finally getting within STV level range. So what if high levels would gank sometimes? Most of my fights were with people of similar levels, and if not then the main would be brought out and a war would start.
Ugh... Flying mounts, how I hate what you've done.
85 Human Death Knight
STV in 2005 says hi.

God I miss that. I was one of the people that looked forward to finally getting within STV level range. So what if high levels would gank sometimes? Most of my fights were with people of similar levels, and if not then the main would be brought out and a war would start.

BRM imo. A single centralised area which contained all of the end game content and was pvp enabled. Sunwell Isle comes a close 2nd. WOTLK didn't have a world pvp zone, WG is pretty much a BG.

Yes, wotlk had a world pvp zone: Icecrown Glacier. There were dailies quests to kill opposite faction players, to beat the other faction to the top of the mountain in Ymirheim, the opportunity to kill players in the Saronite caves.

ICG was rife with PVPing opportunities. The whole theme of the zone was interfaction warfare on the very doorstep of the true enemy.

Blizz gave PVPers the opportunity to world-PVP, but no one bothered.
85 Human Priest
STV in 2005 says hi.

BRM imo. A single centralised area which contained all of the end game content and was pvp enabled. Sunwell Isle comes a close 2nd. WOTLK didn't have a world pvp zone, WG is pretty much a BG.

Yes, wotlk had a world pvp zone: Icecrown Glacier. There were dailies quests to kill opposite faction players, to beat the other faction to the top of the mountain in Ymirheim, the opportunity to kill players in the Saronite caves.

ICG was rife with PVPing opportunities. The whole theme of the zone was interfaction warfare on the very doorstep of the true enemy.

Blizz gave PVPers the opportunity to world-PVP, but no one bothered.

I really think a zone like this, with multiple PvP quests should be PvP even on PvE servers.

It's better to buy it from the trainer in Org or Stormwind as your rep discount applies to CWF. If you buy it in Dalaran or anywhere in Northrend, you don't get the rep discount.

And as others have said, 68 I snow the level restriction on buying it. Confirmed as I've done it twice recently.
12/11/2013 06:27 AMPosted by Huanter
Buy it at 68, problem solved.

do you just actively look for threads to necro?

Oh damn! Eh, hope they are still reading in case they got stuck at pre-77 3 years ago! LOL
90 Human Paladin
12/11/2013 06:27 AMPosted by Huanter
Buy it at 68, problem solved.

do you just actively look for threads to necro?

It hadn't been mentioned yet in this thread that CWF is at 68 now.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]