Tree form vs Soul

100 Night Elf Druid
What do you find yourself using mostly in SoO?

Which fights do you find it more useful than SoF?

I like it for Sha of Pride to roll hots before Swell, but rather get off a SoF hurricane during reflection to get those adds down faster.

Still relatively new to druid PVE so, any advice would help.
Edited by Sampled on 9/27/2013 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
So far, the only fight where I really like Incarnation better than Soul has been Galakras, specifically for Phase 2. The earlier fights really haven't seemed to make much of a difference which talent used, but looking ahead, I can see a few places where Tree may come in handy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So far, the only fight where I really like Incarnation better than Soul has been Galakras, specifically for Phase 2. The earlier fights really haven't seemed to make much of a difference which talent used, but looking ahead, I can see a few places where Tree may come in handy.

I almost feel like the function should change to maybe a reduced cost to regrowth instead of being able to spread lifebloom. Or maybe regrowth leaves behind one stack of bloom if none is present and can spread to as many as possible.

Druids need buffs!
Edited by Sampled on 9/27/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Druids need buffs!

Really?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Really?

No, not really.

I love my redru atm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Incarnation was outstanding for Thok, only fight I've used it on.

09/27/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Sampled
Druids need buffs!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Incarnation was outstanding for Thok, only fight I've used it on.

I used Incarnation for 4 fights, entirely because I didn't bother watching videos for Paragons, Thok, Siegecrafter or Garrosh so I rather have an OCRAP herp derp button.

And even then, I never needed tree.
I'd probably use sotf for Thok so you can sneak a tranq in to extend P1 as long as possible when he starts chaining his scream

I find tree better while learning mechanics of a fight, it can cover mistakes; bad tank rng/swaps etc. (paragons hello!)

Sotf definately > once you've got everything down pat.
Edited by Tonydanza on 9/27/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I hate incarnation. I use sotf mostly, but sometimes i get bored of that and play with force of nature because it is fun and i like big green circles everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like steady increased healing over all than burst healing, which is why i go with SotF, ive found a bigger increase with heals from Sotf paired with WG (or Rejuv when tanks are taking lots of dmg)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
bad tank rng/swaps etc. (paragons hello!)

ha, your tanks get annihilated too?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/27/2013 04:24 PMPosted by Mythrose
bad tank rng/swaps etc. (paragons hello!)

ha, your tanks get annihilated too?

1-2 seconds out of range of healer often = death on paragons or garrosh. Tank damage is pretty steep in the latter fights, with tank hits frequently exceeding 1million damage, theyre melted if they ever run out of AM; Example...Our DK outhealed ALL of our healers on a many Garrosh attempts..And quite frankly, it wasn't even close either.
Edited by Tonydanza on 9/27/2013 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
well for ToT i use incarnation but for SoO i switch all togthere to SoF and loving it!
Reply Quote
Only fight in SoO I used incarnation on was thok. Everything else was SoTf. I considered incarnation on malkorok as well but it didn't really matter. You can't go wrong with sotf for the most part.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Only fight in SoO I used incarnation on was thok. Everything else was SoTf. I considered incarnation on malkorok as well but it didn't really matter. You can't go wrong with sotf for the most part.

Yeah, I feel like such an iconic druid ability is going by the wayside and used mainly for pvp.

I guess I could glyph tree and pretend to be a tree druid.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
On my side, it's really depending how is the fight going.

First four fight are clearly SotF use.

galakras: using Tree for the last 20% of the boss

Iron Jugg: Sotf. so you get a really fast tranq after shock! ( and aniway, there is like no dmg going on the rest of the fight )

Dark Shaman: Sotf.

Nazgrim: Sotf

Malkorok: Sotf. ( using Hotw + soul + tranq at begin. so everyone is at yellow shield after 5 sec. lol ) and WG + soul on that fight is soooo goood

Spoils: Sotf, dont really need a tree aniway

Thok: using tree so you can spawn regrowth at 10+ charge of the !@#$
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I guess I could glyph tree and pretend to be a tree druid.

Any resto druid that doesn't have the tree glyph is doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
Malkorok: Sotf. ( using Hotw + soul + tranq at begin. so everyone is at yellow shield after 5 sec. lol ) and WG + soul on that fight is soooo goood

That's pretty wasteful of tranq imo. What you should do is have your mushrooms charged with everyone in them on the pull. Have a 10 second countdown so that you can get rejuv rolling the whole raid. When the fight starts and the debuff goes out you immediately blow your mushrooms and then hit genesis as everyone spreads out. I used to follow up this with tranq but I figured that it really wasn't doing me any good at all to use it at that point once rejuv/mushrooms already got shields out on everyone. I ended up just using my tranq on the aoe phase that we probably could avoid completely if my guild would two heal it but whatever.

Thok: using tree so you can spawn regrowth at 10+ charge of the !@#$

This seems kind of wasteful of mana unless you are 2 healing and very desperate to get as many roars as possible. Three healing it with druid, pally, disc we got to 27 roars before the first fixate phase. Have mushrooms precharged and start off just using WG and some rejuv. Around 3 - 4 roars you start your raid cooldown rotation with stuff like smokebomb. Around 6 you get your devo auras going one at a time to allow casters to get some hits in and healers should use tranq and stuff here. When devo ends you get stuff like dps tranq/HTT out. About 9 - 11 I believe I blow incarnation and hotw at the same time and get a rejuv blanket going and with help from my other healers I drag it over well over 20 roars. On some roars you will either need to genesis to get health bars up in a couple seconds or blow your mushrooms to get everyone topped off if you think a roar will push the phase early (of course you want to avoid having to do these since gensis wipes rejuv blanket and mushrooms must then be recharged and replaced to get efflo going).

The extra roars probably don't do much more than piss off your caster dps that are forced to use only instant cast but it's fun as a healer (and pretty mana taxing since I'm sitting at 20 - 30% after the phase but then I just innervate and the fixate phase is boring regen time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Incarnation for an extra 3m raid cooldown during progression attempts. SOTF wins out in terms of raw throughput, but Incarnation can make or break a kill. SOTF all the way during farm, or once ilvl picks up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For the first week of normals I used Treants for everything except Malkorok, where I used Incarnation. First week of Heroics/normal farm I used SoTF for everything except Heroic Immerseus (used Incarnation) and normal Malkorok again. So far used SoTF for everything else except Heroic Iron Juggernaut where I really like Incarnation for siege mode healing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I use SoTF 100%. I have since it was 50%, then it got buffed to 75%, now 100%. Why? SM+WG. I always proc it, then wild growth. I hated tree form. A short duration then a 3 min cd? Pass. I just don't find treeform impressive enough to talent. It was okay when we had it just for being a healer. But now it's meh.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]