frost bomb or living bomb

90 Undead Mage
which one give me the most procs for frostfire bolt..jsut wonder
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
http://icy-veins.com/frost-mage-wow-pve-dps-guide

Do some research instead of making useless threads.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Someone hasn't had their mana biscuits this morning. I'm not sure on PvE, I'd refer to Ruther's website. For PvP, frostbomb guarantees you a frostfire bomb on detonation or when the target dies. With living bomb, it's all random... you may get 1, or you may get none. You may also get upwards of 4; depends on how gracious the RNG Gods are feeling.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
http://icy-veins.com/frost-mage-wow-pve-dps-guide

Do some research instead of making useless threads.

Do you hate people who ask questions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Depends whether you prefer control or luck.

I prefer Frost Bomb since it's sure to proc, thus I can plan accordingly (I also hate the whole "lolwannabewarlock" feel of the other bombs but that is for another time). I'm no expert though, but like I said : if you want to be able to control your burst, take FB. If you rather try your luck at a bigger, but unreliable (and a perhaps pain) to manage burst, LB is your choice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Someone hasn't had their mana biscuits this morning. I'm not sure on PvE, I'd refer to Ruther's website. For PvP, frostbomb guarantees you a frostfire bomb on detonation or when the target dies. With living bomb, it's all random... you may get 1, or you may get none. You may also get upwards of 4; depends on how gracious the RNG Gods are feeling.

This is why Fire Mages such as myself get very happy when Frost Mages use Frost Bomb. I know exactly when to spellsteal Brain Freeze to use for a Pyro proc.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The BF PPM is pretty even for all three bombs.

But, as you pile on more Haste, Frost Bomb begins to slightly pull ahead, because it doesn't allow proc munching. LB ticks slow so it rarely runs into this problem as well.
Reply Quote
Neither nether tempest since it scales so well with haste you will get the most procs out of that
Reply Quote
NT - 9% chance per tick
LB - 25% chance per tick
FB - 100% chance on explosion
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Neither nether tempest since it scales so well with haste you will get the most procs out of that

It scales identically to Frost Bomb, but has more proc munching than the other two bombs
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
for PVP right now living bomb is the way, that's it. frost bomb sucks and nether tempest breaks polly making certain setups more difficult and causing problems in arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Pve wise the profs per minute of each bomb is the same, use each bomb depending on the amount of aoe during the fight (lb single target - 3 mobs, frost bomb 4+)

Pvp wise use living bomb, easier to get off, if it's dispelled it's not as catastrophic as frost bomb being dispelled, and it ends up being more damage overall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]