Gates of Retribution LFR = Heroic mode

The Gates of Retribution LFR has been one of the most exhausting experiences in WoW.

Multiple wipes on each boss. People leave. Wait 10 to 30+ minutes for the raid to refill. Wipe again. People leave. Wait again for the raid to refill. Repeat ad nauseum.

Players were commenting that this LFR was harder than flex/normal with all the bad players and AFKs you have to deal with.

We cycled through so many different players in this LFR that we were unable to initiate votekicks anymore. We reached the point where we were unable to kick dead AFKs from the group.

Basically, this LFR = Heroic mode.
Reply Quote
The Gates of Retribution LFR has been one of the most exhausting experiences in WoW.

Multiple wipes on each boss. People leave. Wait 10 to 30+ minutes for the raid to refill. Wipe again. People leave. Wait again for the raid to refill. Repeat ad nauseum.

Players were commenting that this LFR was harder than flex/normal with all the bad players and AFKs you have to deal with.

We cycled through so many different players in this LFR that we were unable to initiate votekicks anymore. We reached the point where we were unable to kick dead AFKs from the group.

Basically, this LFR = Heroic mode.

2 minutes ago
and it's all good, except for

unable to kick dead AFKs from the group.
^This^ throws a kink in the fun. Work out a solution to that and LFR will be solid gold. Silver at least. Challenge? Difficulty? Multiple attempts? Mechanics that MUST be respected? Yes, please. I have facebookfarmville, and the WoW auction house, when I want boredom.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Agreed with above.

Gates of Retribution LFR is an absolute PERFECT example of just how broken the Vote to Kick system is.

If we aren't allowed to kick the afkers, griefers, trolls, and overall toxic players in our run due to kick protection then what the hell is the point of having vote to kick at all?

These are not players that will learn to play better if you "give them another chance" these are not players that we're kicking for the fun of it, these are simply bad teammates and negative influences on the community.

The Vote to Kick system needs to stop protecting these players. That's all there is to it. Being FORCED to tolerate that kind of toxicity should not be mandatory for LFR groups.
Edited by Vindicare on 9/28/2013 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We had a tank around ilevel 480. His gear was completely ungemmed and unenchanted.

We had multiple dps under 30k dps.

We probably had 25% to 40% players from Latin American servers. Who knows if language barriers were an issue. Good luck trying to coordinate/explain mechanics.

Some people had the mindset that wiping was a good thing. They thought 5+ stacks of determination would help carry a raid where half the players died standing in bad stuff.

Part of me thinks that a decent portion of the good LFR players has moved on to flex. Unfortunately, this also means that LFRs now have more bad players and AFKs.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Part of me thinks that a decent portion of the good LFR players has moved on to flex. Unfortunately, this also means that LFRs now have more bad players and AFKs.

Pretty much this. Also, raiders have no reason to run lfr anymore given the ilevel of the drops.

If you're competent enough to write this post, you should be replacing lfr with flex.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Agreed with above.

Gates of Retribution LFR is an absolute PERFECT example of just how broken the Vote to Kick system is.

If we aren't allowed to kick the afkers, griefers, trolls, and overall toxic players in our run due to kick protection then what the hell is the point of having vote to kick at all?

These are not players that will learn to play better if you "give them another chance" these are not players that we're kicking for the fun of it, these are simply bad teammates and negative influences on the community.

The Vote to Kick system needs to stop protecting these players. That's all there is to it. Being FORCED to tolerate that kind of toxicity should not be mandatory for LFR groups.

Don't worry. Bashok has been personally reviewing the ultra-secret wipe to pull ratios and he can assure you that everything is A-OK (mabye he will see this and be able to understand how asinine such statements can be, but whatever if he isn't able to).

His douchebaggery aside, SOO part 2 is a tediously long, 4-boss instance given the overall amount of trash + needing to learn 3 bosses that have mechanics that are actually important (compare to trash-heavy LFR wings that only have 3 bosses that are relatively easy, such as Parts 1 and 2 of ToT). Dark Shaman spawn way too much stuff, and Nazgrim has way too much health.
Edited by Pennoyer on 9/28/2013 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2013 01:21 AMPosted by Malgos

Pretty much this. Also, raiders have no reason to run lfr anymore given the ilevel of the drops.

If you're competent enough to write this post, you should be replacing lfr with flex.

LFR is supposed to be (relatively) easy/convenient/fast.

Hours later (and multiple different LFRs later just to finish all the bosses in that one wing), I'm thinking it might have been faster to wait in trade chat for a flex raid to form.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Thing is though, it is easy, it is convenient and it is fast.... assuming people aren't being deadweight.

The problem is, LFR has come to allow people to slack off, not learn how to play and just generally ignore basic mechanics. Meaning that as the better players wander off to different difficulties you're left with a large portion of people who just don't care to learn.

Blizz can't fix that, if they make LFR any easier then they'd have to lower the rewards of it... the only way to make LFR easier is to make NPCs do the work for you.

There comes a point where the bottom of the barrel has been hit, and you can't dig down any deeper. Blizz can't fix players.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Druid
Agree with all of the above. This round of LFR has been nothing but hair-pullingly-nauseating. Between the long queue times, awful/incompetent players, AFKers, and waiting for new members to replace the ones that left, I've never had a more, overall, miserable raiding experience.

Except M'uru in BC...**** that guy.
Edited by Rastaferal on 9/28/2013 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
09/28/2013 01:33 AMPosted by Shieldsup

Hours later (and multiple different LFRs later just to finish all the bosses in that one wing), I'm thinking it might have been faster to wait in trade chat for a flex raid to form.

http://openraid.us/

Easy, convenient, fast
Reply Quote

http://openraid.us/

Easy, convenient, fast

Thanks, but I shouldn't need to form a premade raid for LFR.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I only kick people who are AFK, doing under 50k dps, or are being trolls(pre-pulling bosses, causing wipes etc.)

And I always get told "You cannot kick for 4 hours"

You see, the problem is, too many people DESERVED to be kicked, without "abusing" the vote to kick system.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Thanks, but I shouldn't need to form a premade raid for LFR.

Do Flex.

The fact you don't have a raid full of incompetent players makes it far easier than LFR.

Plus, the loot is better.
Reply Quote
09/28/2013 07:55 AMPosted by Awkward
The fact you don't have a raid full of incompetent players makes it far easier than LFR.

This LFR kinda reminded me of random PvP battlegrounds where you sometimes have significant portions of your team not contributing to the success of the group (e.g. botting, AFK, or fighting in places not relevant to the map's objectives).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This LFR kinda reminded me of random PvP battlegrounds where you sometimes have significant portions of your team not contributing to the success of the group (e.g. botting, AFK, or fighting in places not relevant to the map's objectives).

Pretty much. Blizz can't change people, anything they can queue for they will, they don't care if they can't do the content, they think others will do it for them. Then complain when they can't.

Which is why people are telling you OP, to move to flex raiding using trade chat / Oqueue or openraid. You get the ability to join random groups for better organised content... and higher chances of success too without all the deadweights.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
09/28/2013 01:17 AMPosted by Shieldsup
We had a tank around ilevel 480.

Impossible to queue for SoO with that item level.

We had multiple dps under 30k dps.

This though? That's somewhat true. For me, it was around 40k. That's just... Come on, I can auto shot and pet attack 40k dps...

When I sift through Recount and see a Warlock doing 140k dps and did 400 Incinerate casts, then I sift through and see a Warlock doing 30k dps and only had 100 Incinerate casts I know who to kick.
Reply Quote
93 Goblin Priest
09/28/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Shieldsup

As why i think blizzard needs to remove honor from losing and base it on actions you do in bgs. That way if you still lose, youll still recieve honor and the ones who just sit there get nothing. Would eliminate alot of the botting and people not following objectives or calling to just let the other team win.

Same needs to be applied to lfr in some way, the people who sit their afk, not healing, not dpsing, dying on the first thing as to not have to do anything. There needs to be some sort of check in place that players must achieve to get credit for killing the boss in lfr.
Reply Quote
impossible to queue for SoO with that item level.
Im guessing that Tank wasn't their main spec and they had 500+ilvl of dps gear
Edited by Daru on 9/28/2013 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]