Change to Rated Battleground Queuing

Community Manager
We’re in the process of applying a hotfix that will restrict a player’s ability to queue for a Rated Battleground if they’ve left one prematurely, until the previous Battleground is completed. Once the hotfix is active, should you find yourself unable to queue for a Rated Battleground immediately after leaving one in progress, you’ll simply need to wait until it has finished and will then be able to queue once again.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
I imagine this was put in place to help prevent queue dodging or other exploits of the queue system. If so it is quite a welcome change, hopefully the first of many intended to bring some legitimacy back to RBG ratings.
Edited by Eldacar on 9/26/2013 6:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
What is the point of this? To punish trade pick up groups who have a leaver?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What is the point of this? To punish trade pick up groups who have a leaver?

No.

To punish those which jump out of a group early because it "might end bad" and leave the other members holding their staves. Good change.
Reply Quote
Do you lose rating for leaving a group? Never been the jerk to try lol. Kind of a lax punishment in my opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
How about you look guys at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/rbg and fix the rampant cheating and wintrading. The highest legit player is only 2320 and wintraders are already 1k rating higher then him. WHy are you wasting time with some irrelevant fix that effects no one instead of targeting the win traders that are ruining RBGs.

You have to go though 3 pages of wintraders before you see a real player.

What do you think this fix is for?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What do you think this fix is for?

lol, are you serious? All it does is stall their queue. It doesn't PREVENT them from doing what is happening right now.
Edited by Jugaa on 9/26/2013 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
To punish those which jump out of a group early because it "might end bad" and leave the other members holding their staves. Good change.

Cause those who would leave early would care if they hurt someone's feelings anyway?

Oh well...whatevas
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/26/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Shambells
To punish those which jump out of a group early because it "might end bad" and leave the other members holding their staves.

So, it's like deserter?? oooooo 15 minutes, may as well go make dinner/throw laundry in/shower/watch TV. This does nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
My first time doing RBGs this expansion, we ran into 3 win-trade teams over 10 (or so) games.

I'm not exactly sure how this makes a difference, to be perfectly honest. To me, it's like Deserter. You can just go on other toon or just do something else. Would it be possible to make a "volcano" penalty system (weekly reset; resetting only if you do not have 4+ penalties)? Deserting 3 games is a normal 30min penalty or whatever it is, then your 4th would be a 3hr deserter, then your 5th would be suspension from rated battleground for a day or (week).

Also, make the MMR system have floor values of 0.

Whatever blizzard decides to do, I'd like to jump back into PvP, and wasting ~15min to queue into a -335 MMR team, spend other 5min trying to quickly win the game against zero enemies...and only get 0 rating (rightfully so). The point being, I wasted 20min of my time to wait another 15min.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My first time doing RBGs this expansion, we ran into 3 win-trade teams over 10 (or so) games.

I'm not exactly sure how this makes a difference, to be perfectly honest. To me, it's like Deserter. You can just go on other toon or just do something else. Would it be possible to make a "volcano" penalty system (weekly reset; resetting only if you do not have 4+ penalties)? Deserting 3 games is a normal 30min penalty or whatever it is, then your 4th would be a 3hr deserter, then your 5th would be suspension from rated battleground for a day or (week).

Can we please make this account wide, and apply this to Dungeon/Raid/Scenario deserters as well? Thanks in advance!

--Ado

<_< >_> Not trying to derail, I swear!
Edited by Adorician on 9/27/2013 12:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Its funny becuz the top rbg players are like 2.2-2500 while the random no namers are 3k+ with no arena etc exp.
Reply Quote
Its funny becuz the top rbg players are like 2.2-2500 while the random no namers are 3k+ with no arena etc exp.

been that way since they refuse to actually ban win traders.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Will one of the win traders please chime in and let me know what exactly you gain from paying for your rating? No one thinks youre cool or even good with a 3k rating with 0 enchants and gems in/on your gear. What do you gain from it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We’re in the process of applying a hotfix that will restrict a player’s ability to queue for a Rated Battleground if they’ve left one prematurely, until the previous Battleground is completed. Once the hotfix is active, should you find yourself unable to queue for a Rated Battleground immediately after leaving one in progress, you’ll simply need to wait until it has finished and will then be able to queue once again.

So, basically how league of legends works. If you leave you can't re-queue until the game you were in is over.

So this makes it so teams can't "surrender"?

eg if my team is getting beat badly and we'll all on vent we can all agree to leave because we feel there is no hope of winning. We can all leave the RBG and then just que up again -- which also guarantees we do not get the same team again because they're finishing the bg we just left. Instead we will just have to wait until that other team decides to win. So, if the enemy team in the bg my team has agreed to surrender to can now decide to grief us by winning as slowly as possible? ><

This seems like a pointless and bad change. Some people would rather surrender (have your whole team leave) and try again instead of losing slow and painfully.
Reply Quote
40 Draenei Priest
This seems like a pointless and bad change. Some people would rather surrender (have your whole team leave) and try again instead of losing slow and painfully.

How about this:
    Accept your losses graciously,
    Leave the BG when it's finished,
    Work on your coordination,
    Requeue and win.

That seems like the logical conclusion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]