Change to Rated Battleground Queuing

100 Dwarf Paladin
How about you fix silvershard mines bugs where the cart turns around right when its about to cap, goes off track, waits for horde to all get there and turn it, then put it back on it's proper course againand causes you to lose a game 1573 to 1600
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Simple solution: Operation fix rbgs.

Blizzard pretends to be a scrub player and pay for a rbg boost. As soon as they get in the rbg raid group they ban all the players in that group for x amount of time. Blizzard does this all at one time to many websites offering boosting.

but of course that would involve spending company money outside of the 95% to 5% ratio of pve to pvp spending. When something goes wrong with a pve vendor (if there ever has been something wrong) it is fixed within the hour. When the pvp vendors bug, we are looking at a week minimum. All we ask is for is an equal playing field and eliminate botting/boosting/wintrading. Is that really a lot to ask for?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
how do you plan on addressing dc's and vote kick's oh wonderous blizz.
Reply Quote
96 Draenei Shaman
Now just to fix the problem with sticking low pvp power players against high pvp power players and premades.

One can dream anyways.
Reply Quote
Now just to fix the problem with sticking low pvp power players against high pvp power players and premades.

One can dream anyways.

this is about rated BGs, not randoms.
Reply Quote
Gg All I gotta say about rbgs. http://i.imgur.com/RbMrj6f.png
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Perhaps maybe Blizz can work on matching teams better by average gear score? It is a thought. So for a team that is geared better they can fight better geared players and for those still gearing they can fight the same. Make it a more even playing field then.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
No one here seems to have noticed the one good thing about win trading: If your pug rbg team queues into a win trader, it's a free win and you get tons of rating off them.
Last time I played, rbg's were so popular queue times were really long. People weren't leaving the battle, they were leaving the queue because of curtains. The system was supposed to match average mmr, but there are usually so few teams queueing that you have to take what you can get, then leave when they are a 2k+ guild team and requeue hoping you don't get them again. If you have to wait for the bg to finish, you will get them again.
Rated bg's are going to have to get a lot more popular for matchmaking to work, or at least work most of the time. I still wish win traders and bots would be banned. If you're not going to play the game, get off the servers and let real players actually play.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I really miss WoW. Have not played in over three years. Sounds like the same old exploited and hacked up game that I left because I could not find a decent arena team and the battle grounds were all bots annoying me. Such a great game. I love the pvp and this game has consumed much of my time. Anyway I have a week of full access to play with since we realized that just after I quit, my account was hacked and I still have not logged in yet to see how bad. All my chars are still there apparently but the chinks took my gold and who knows what else. I have not played since cataclysm came out. I saw some WoW pop up the other day and missed it SO bad. This thread reminds me of all the reasons I stopped playing. For The Horde! P.S. My characters are always stoned. Yoowhooahahaha!
Reply Quote
18 Undead Warrior

They have it, it's called Deserter, which doesn't prevent you from entering rBGs.

Yes it does. Deserter will prevent you from queueing for an rbg.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Solution:

#1 - BAN WINTRADERS.

then,

#2 - Use League of Legends' example.

OFC this won't happen, because the corporate mindset greed-meisters in control at Blizz don't want to lose the profits from those accts.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Perhaps maybe Blizz can work on matching teams better by average gear score? It is a thought. So for a team that is geared better they can fight better geared players and for those still gearing they can fight the same. Make it a more even playing field then.

Anddie... I have 547 average I level. 515 PVP I level. How would Blizzard balance that? What if someone Un-equiipped everything before the queue? What if A smart team has a level 90 that has never worn OR picked up gear other then him BOAs? That would be a 10% decrease in I level. (10%, LOL what about it, right? Wrong, 10% of 522 I level is 52.2 522-52.2= 470 I level average for the group)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
No one here seems to have noticed the one good thing about win trading: If your pug rbg team queues into a win trader, it's a free win and you get tons of rating off them.
Last time I played, rbg's were so popular queue times were really long. People weren't leaving the battle, they were leaving the queue because of curtains. The system was supposed to match average mmr, but there are usually so few teams queueing that you have to take what you can get, then leave when they are a 2k+ guild team and requeue hoping you don't get them again. If you have to wait for the bg to finish, you will get them again.
Rated bg's are going to have to get a lot more popular for matchmaking to work, or at least work most of the time. I still wish win traders and bots would be banned. If you're not going to play the game, get off the servers and let real players actually play.

I find it pathetic that wintraders are more motivated to win and better at the game then these supposed "Real Players".
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Simple solution: Operation fix rbgs.

Blizzard pretends to be a scrub player and pay for a rbg boost. As soon as they get in the rbg raid group they ban all the players in that group for x amount of time. Blizzard does this all at one time to many websites offering boosting.

but of course that would involve spending company money outside of the 95% to 5% ratio of pve to pvp spending. When something goes wrong with a pve vendor (if there ever has been something wrong) it is fixed within the hour. When the pvp vendors bug, we are looking at a week minimum. All we ask is for is an equal playing field and eliminate botting/boosting/wintrading. Is that really a lot to ask for?

A friend of mine got banned this way, he thought he was joining a group to carry his friend's brother. He never knew about any money. Where the hell did you get your 19 to 1 ratio anyways? Your !@#? Just because your $%^ has more brain power then you, does not mean it's smart.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
[/quote] And then nobody queued for RBGs ever again.

There are legitimate reasons as to why an RBG team would want to leave a game before it's finished, and making those people wait "well a long time" because other people (read: wintraders) game the system is a ridiculously disproportionate penalty for leaving a game early.

The problem that Blizzard is trying to address here is that of wintraders, but this is a lackluster fix. They should do exactly what they did to wintraders in arenas: ban them. The precedent has already been set, and Blizzard should follow it. But apparently, for some reason, RBGs are completely different and its ladder doesn't get the same scrutinizing treatment that the arena ladders did/do. [/quote]

Because people want their unicorn mount instead of titles.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Also posted in arena forums, but 2.2k resets are still allowing player to get hero of the rbgs after obvious payed carries.

loreeee

loreeeeeee

hi
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Lol, there not going to ban accounts, they need to keep all the subs they can get.

Risking an account ban is silly when some of those people may potentially not see any reason to pony up the cash for a new account.

Sure it's a win for the real PVP'rs, but a loss for Blizz's cash flow.

Anything that may potentially lose them money they won't do.

Anyone caught win trading should have there toons stripped of everything they've earned through 'cheating', no questions asked. Blizz needs a better enforcement and harsher penalties for these people. But they'll implement measures that will slowly 'fix' the system, while not actually removing the problem in it's entirety.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
It is meant to carry on the same tradition that this game has carried since day one...

If the game knows you're being a jerk, you will be punished.

It's the same reason you are punished for leaving a dungeon early, leaving a bg early, etc...
Edited by Sedwin on 1/28/2014 10:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Rogue
09/27/2013 12:22 AMPosted by Adorician
Can we please make this account wide, and apply this to Dungeon/Raid/Scenario deserters as well?

>This is the single worst idea I have ever seen typed in these forums.<
With the unbelievably horrible job Blizz has been doing lately with dropping players entering and exiting instances/bg's, I have had 4 deserter debuffs this week alone just from dc's.

You turn this into a stacking, account wide screwing and there won't be enough players left to fill one realm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]