Holy paladin, viability?

90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey! I deleted my paladin months ago...but made a ticket with blizz and got it back! :D. and now that I think about it..i kind of want to go holy, im just a little curious as to where they stand in 5.4 and what their main role would be

ooh...and how hard would it be to lvl 85-90 as holy keeping up 2 sets of gear sounds like a pain ;/
Edited by Gandàlf on 9/27/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I might be wrong but their main role would be healing
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
and what their main role would be

I might be wrong but their main role would be healing

lol.

Anyway.

1) Level however you want. Timeless isle will net you 496 gear pretty quickly. So you can hit 90 day 1 and have a holy set (minus a weapon) and be viable for current LFR content in about 3 seconds on day 2. Not to mention you'll prolly get a few 535 pieces in the process of that anyway.

2) Holy, right now is that support healer everyone likes. You're there to allow the other healers do everything much better than you, which makes them feel better. Seriously, you're gonna use all your utility to great effect and keep the raid/tank stable while everyone else just racks up HPS numbers and talks about how disc is still OP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm loving holy right now. I haven't had any problems out healing any class. With selfless healer I'm having my mastery up on everyone so much more than before. The whole 2 sets of gear thing isn't too bad. I've managed to get a 529 ret set while having a 548 holy set. Just gotta work on your offset when you have the time. But overall holy seems to be in a good place right now at least in 10man.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're going for pvp just roll a holy priest, hpal's are really not all that good right now when compared to Rdruids/Hpriests/rshams
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're going for pvp just roll a holy priest, hpal's are really not all that good right now when compared to Rdruids/Hpriests/rshams

This may or may not be true depending on who you ask(cause I watch plenty of live arena streams and there are a lot of h pallys doing very well) Dont listen to "FOTM" guys. If you want to be a holy pally in pvp DO IT!! if you are skilled you will do just as good as the FOTM healer.

P.S. No disrespect Randompally, but telling people to roll the FOTM is a very childish thing to do.

There are plenty of holy pallys doing very well this season so far.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy PvP is the !@#$ and my first love next to running around on my Warrior smashing people's faces in.

TL;DR : DO IT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i love hpal healing as well, just outshined by a lot of other healers who'd rather pick up a priest over you lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]