72 Blood Elf Hunter
How does haste effect healing?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
yes breakpoints = more tick
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Haste's usefulness depends on the spec.

Haste causes all of your spells to cast faster, which is always nice. Shaving time off your big heal can be the difference between letting a tank die or getting the heal off in time, even if it's a fraction of a second difference.

More importantly, haste causes HoTs to tick faster, and at certain amounts of haste, to gain an extra tick. This is HUGE. More ticks means more healing per cast, and certain classes have haste breakpoints that you absolutely want to hit so you get those extra ticks.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Hunter
Ah I was trying to decide on my professions for my shaman, I am used to hunter and I always took herbalism(for some odd reason herbalism alchemy and inscription have always been my favorites.

I am planning to dual spec elemental shaman and restoration shaman
and was curious if the herbalism lifebloom thing would be useful for a shaman as it was for my hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Well 2 crafting professions are always best... But herbalism is pretty good as a gathering profession.

I personally don't see the point of 2 crafting professions currently since getting 320 of a single stat if very very small when you're talking about DPS in the regions of 200K+
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Haste matters more for some healers then other. For instance, for my druid/monk/shaman - I find haste very important for my breakpoints.

For my disc priest/holy pally - I don't care about haste all that much as I don't go for any breakpoints.

Best thing is find out what the haste points are, decide what/if any you want to go for - then go from there.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Ah I was trying to decide on my professions for my shaman, I am used to hunter and I always took herbalism(for some odd reason herbalism alchemy and inscription have always been my favorites.

I am planning to dual spec elemental shaman and restoration shaman
and was curious if the herbalism lifebloom thing would be useful for a shaman as it was for my hunter.

I'm an herbalist, and while Lifeblood is pretty useful for Shadow, I very rarely use it while healing. I guess it's useful for Disc, if you pop it at the same time as Spirit Shell so you can get more casts off. I probably should use it more as a healer, but I always forget I have it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I guess it's useful for Disc, if you pop it at the same time as Spirit Shell so you can get more casts off. I probably should use it more as a healer, but I always forget I have it.

Yup. I use my Troll Racial for this. Quite handy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]