Proving grounds.

90 Pandaren Monk
I feel Proving grounds is a wonderful tool in learning how to play your class. This is why I propose people should get at least Silver before being able to enter SoO LFR. Any LFR player who knows how to play can easily get this, or even gold. and it would show they can follow mechanics while still using their class properly. and tbh it takes like 10-15 minutes to do bronze and silver if you one shot them.

(I don't think gold would be a good idea, because a lot of my guild's healers are pretty good, however the "Party members" you get are as dumb as bricks.)
90 Human Warlock
I like this idea (have the requirement at gold), but I feel that a lot of people will not like this idea, nor will it ever happen.

Edit: Speaking of proving grounds... I should go get my 30 wave achievement
Edited by Nonamekiller on 9/27/2013 5:34 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
I like this idea, but I feel that a lot of people will not like this idea, nor will it ever happen.

Agreed, because a lot of people are too bad at the game to get silver probably. That said... I haven't even tried these things nor even know where they are at, but I'm told bronze and silver are pretty simple to get.
90 Pandaren Monk
I like this idea, but I feel that a lot of people will not like this idea, nor will it ever happen.

Well when I heard about proving grounds I thought it would be a possible idea, and then on WoWcrendor's channel and there's a video talking with a dev. and the Dev from my understanding said they might do it, however he was kinda laughing so he might be sarcastic. (I havn't seen the video for awhile)
90 Pandaren Monk
I like this idea (have the requirement at gold), but I feel that a lot of people will not like this idea, nor will it ever happen

Well as I said. the healers might have a problem with proving grounds in there, because again. "They are dumb as a pile of bricks" (have a healer friend complaining because the NPC's are standing in bad.)
Silver and Gold are way above the skill level of LFR. If you can do bronze, you can do LFR and "heroic" dungeons. Silver is about the same skill level as normal raids, whereas Gold is like challenge modes or heroic raids.

I am speaking of the healer proving grounds...I'm not sure how the tank and DPS ones are because I haven't tried them. I have heard they are much easier. If you can get Gold healer, then you are pretty much ready for heroic progression raiding.
Edited by Vralok on 9/27/2013 5:40 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
Silver and Gold are way above the skill level of LFR. If you can do bronze, you can do LFR and "heroic" dungeons. Silver is about the same skill level as normal raids, whereas Gold is like challenge modes or heroic raids.

actually I havn't done normal raids or heroics for awhile. and I still get good progress in Endless mode. Bronze, and Silver are pretty easy to get if you gemed, reforged, and enchanted your stuff somewhat right, and you can play you class and follow mechanics.
90 Pandaren Monk
I am speaking of the healer proving grounds...I'm not sure how the tank and DPS ones are because I haven't tried them. I have heard they are much easier. If you can get Gold healer, then you are pretty much ready for heroic progression raiding.

Aaah, yes. Gold healing from what I hear is a pain because of the dumb npcs. Silver is much easier to get.
90 Pandaren Monk
Edit: Speaking of proving grounds... I should go get my 30 wave achievement

Good luck :)...also Don't suck don't die :P
09/27/2013 05:41 AMPosted by Yunshi

actually I havn't done normal raids or heroics for awhile. and I still get good progress in Endless mode. Bronze, and Silver are pretty easy to get if you gemed, reforged, and enchanted your stuff somewhat right, and you can play you class and follow mechanics.

Bronze is so easy as a healer that I did it on the first try after forgetting to activate Healbot. I didn't have any mouseover macros set up either, so I had to do the old fashioned target someone and click to heal them, and it was STILL easy.

Silver I remembered to turn Healbot on for, and I pretty much breezed through it too. Gold, I had to pound my head against the wall for over a week to be able to get. The problem with Gold is that the NPC's are MORONS. The are absolutely terrible. They stand in stuff, they do about as much DPS as people in levelling greens in the dungeon finder, they rarely interrupt, they don't use cooldowns, etc. For Gold you have to do a decent amount of DPS while healing or you won't ever get it. I had to take Primal Elementalist, so that my elementals would have the extra DPS necessary to get some of the big waves down (that and the earth elemental really helped when the NPC tank was in a bad way).

As I said, if you can do Gold, you are ready for heroic progression raiding. Gold is WAY above the skill level necessary for LFR. I go so far as to say that Silver is above the skill for LFR (it's more like normal raids).
Edited by Vralok on 9/27/2013 5:45 AM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
Hex
I don't think this would solve the problem, unfortunately. It won't deter the AFKers or change people's attitudes when in LFR, and I find those more of the problem.
29 Human Mage
I slept through dps bronze and silver, didn't bother with gold, it wouldn't change anything
Edited by Bobmistina on 9/27/2013 5:57 AM PDT
11 Draenei Paladin
09/27/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Yunshi
I feel Proving grounds is a wonderful tool in learning how to play your class. This is why I propose people should get at least Silver before being able to enter SoO LFR

The best way to insure the skill of the other members of your raid team are up to your expectations is to form your own raid team.
Silver is FAR too much to expect for LFR. Silver, at least for tank and healer, is normal progression raiding. If you can do Gold you're ready to push heroic raids, not LFR.
90 Undead Priest
09/27/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Erres

Agreed, because a lot of people are too bad at the game to get silver probably. That said... I haven't even tried these things nor even know where they are at, but I'm told bronze and silver are pretty simple to get.

I honestly feel like if they are that bad at the game, they shouldn't be in LFR bringing down a group of 24 other players. No offense to them, but honestly, this whole thing with LFR with 5-10 players carrying the rest of the group needs to stop. No one is ever going to learn simple mechanics about the game unless they are forced to, and these 5 hour+ LFRs with max stacks of Determination are just going to continue on.
90 Undead Priest
I like this idea (have the requirement at gold), but I feel that a lot of people will not like this idea, nor will it ever happen.

Gold would be impossible to a lot of people.

Silver would be ok for LFR.

Bronze for Heroic Dungeons. They should make a "fresh 90" version of PG for that.

And put the PG on the group finder tool.
90 Undead Priest
09/27/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Yunshi

Aaah, yes. Gold healing from what I hear is a pain because of the dumb npcs. Silver is much easier to get.

They did a hotfix to improve that. I got mine after the hotfix. Not sure how much was improved.
09/27/2013 06:20 AMPosted by Médic

Gold would be impossible to a lot of people.

Silver would be ok for LFR.

Bronze for Heroic Dungeons. They should make a "fresh 90" version of PG for that.

And put the PG on the group finder tool.

You pretty much have to be an expert with your class to get gold. And not only be an expert at your class, you have to have the right gear, the right reforges, the right gems, use the right abilities at the right, etc. And there is still the element of RNG to deal with. Requiring gold for LFR is just ludicrous because it's about the same difficulty as challenge modes or heroic raids.
11 Draenei Paladin
09/27/2013 06:18 AMPosted by Stockings
I honestly feel like if they are that bad at the game, they shouldn't be in LFR bringing down a group of 24 other players

I agree with that but I also think it is an unrealistic expectation because it is a group of strangers that are completely uncommitted to each other, plenty of the slackers in LFR are more than capable of performing their role yet choose not to simply because it is LFR. Having them prove their worth will not change their attitude.
90 Human Mage
09/27/2013 05:30 AMPosted by Yunshi
I feel Proving grounds is a wonderful tool in learning how to play your class. This is why I propose people should get at least Silver before being able to enter SoO LFR.

No.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]