Just healed the Dark Shaman fight...

I'm confused by that strat D:

I understand that you send the slimes shaman up the ramp with a tank, melee and some healers, while the other Shaman is 2-tanked back in the normal area and just kited around. But does that mean that it is your melee who are dealing with the slimes? Or do you have your ranged AoE aggro the slimes so they run towards the main area rather than back up the ramp?

I wish it was easy to get a 3rd tank in LFR. It was a nightmare to do that fight :c

Actually the reverse of that. The 2 tank shaman is up the ramp, and the kiter tank is down at the bottom. :)

Haromm (2 tank one) does Foul Stream, but Foul Geyser (what spawns adds) is Kardris. Melee are on Haromm so slimes are nowhere near. :)
Edited by Morenn on 9/29/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Regardless, I don't see why anyone would 3 tank this outside of heroic.

Really no reason to do so, you're just compensating for a raid who struggles to handle basic mechanics. (Allbeit they fly at you fast and furious late)

Simple slowly kite. Tanks in front, behind bosses is ranged (with melee obv in melee..) when storm comes out, tanks move up ,ranged move up as well - if storm was in melee, ranged moves to the outside of the room side of the storm. Continue to kite the duration of the fight.
Gysyer = active tank on him runs out. Ranged burns adds.
50% ashen wall = Tank runs boss inside of a building = ashen wall in a building entirely outside of raid movement.
Ashen meteor, or whatever the mechanic is, is meaningless. Easiest thing to deal with. So easy I forget it's name.

You're really doing this stupidly if youre 3tanking this on normal (in 10man, 25 may be different, but probably not)

Just learn to deal with mechanics and move. Honestly, Iron Juggernaught should've been tuned higher - such a pathetic pushover - that way some people would learn to understand, they need to move frequently and learn to truely deal with mechanics.

The fact of the matter is that Dark Shamans is entirely up to the tanks coordination and movement/timing. These skills will determine how difficult this fight is for you.

IF you're having trouble with this fight it's entirely a tank issue or a gear issue. Assuming Rdps knows how to switch to adds.
Edited by Tonydanza on 9/29/2013 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You are certainly entitled your opinion. However, you don't get brownie points for making things more annoying than they need to be. 3 tanking it makes it less annoying.. not easier, per se, but definitely less annoying.

edit: My guild will turn any fight they can to as much of a Patchwerk fight as possible (eg: stacking-ish for lightning storm phase on H-Jinrokh so healers could somewhat heal through it.. not transforming on Primo and just parking him in a corner and nuking him). Can we do things the "right way"? Absolutely, our first few kills on both these bosses mechanics were followed exactly how they were intended to be.. however, it gets to the point where we just go for quick and easy. :P The only difference is this time was a friend told us about the quick and dirty method only about 3 pulls in so we were lazy early.

Does this make us bad? Quite possibly, but I don't care because there are no bonus points for those who 2 tanked 2 healed or 2 tanked 3 healed. :)
Edited by Morenn on 9/30/2013 5:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
My raid does a 3 tank 2 heal strat. Disc priest handles the 2 tanks, I handle the rest. We tank them seperate.

Switching to this strat the healing is light and dodging things is much easier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There is nothing to heal in this fight if you do it properly.

Meaning, tank the bosses apart in 2 separate zones with 2 groups.

Like heroic Morchok.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I love how tony demeans people for cheesing a mechanic to make the fight easier because his group is so pro they don't have to lower themselves to such bush league tactics. In the same breath, he explains how they cheese a mechanic...

Delicious hypocrisy :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I love how tony demeans people for cheesing a mechanic to make the fight easier because his group is so pro they don't have to lower themselves to such bush league tactics. In the same breath, he explains how they cheese a mechanic...

hm? you mean do the mechanic correctly? Or do you think tanks are supposed to drop Ashen wall on top of everyone?

On normal you can 2 tank them together just fine. Or separate them and 3 tank it if you want. Either way the difficulty is largely on the tanks to position Foul Geyser slimes and walls correctly.
e: it helps if ranged don't keep moving in front of the tank as well.

I don't see why anyone would 3 tank this outside of heroic.
Edited by Evry on 9/30/2013 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You can control how the wall is placed, so if you're sitting it in the middle of raid, you're not handling it correctly. I'm glad to help :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
We didn't have our usual tanks on last night, so just did Flex with the usual off-tank as main tank, and a back-up as off-tank. Morenn, we had one of the warriors go Prot and used your strategy and was amazed at how much easier it was, especially with noobish tanks. Thanks a million for that!

I don't care if it is not the "right" way to do that fight, I just care about not spending an hour downing a single boss so we can get people a little more geared up quicker, and go back to progression.
Reply Quote
We didn't have our usual tanks on last night, so just did Flex with the usual off-tank as main tank, and a back-up as off-tank. Morenn, we had one of the warriors go Prot and used your strategy and was amazed at how much easier it was, especially with noobish tanks. Thanks a million for that!

You are welcome! Glad it helped :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
10/01/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Morenn

You are welcome! Glad it helped :)

I'm going to bookmark this so I can look it up (if we ever get there). It's always nice to see a wide variety of strategy options, so thanks Morenn.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There is lots of bad to not stand in. Keeps it interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I feel they made this fight solely to screw with us healers. It's less about how well we do (let's face it, all healers are awesome and never stand in stuff... shut up >>) and how well everyone else can stay out away and just avoid crap. If they don't, guess who has to pay by cranking out the unnecessary heals? US! :D

But I really do enjoy this fight, it's one that actually gives me something to do, but of course it's never fun to wipe so it's a double edged sword.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The 3 tank and split strat was definitely easier to heal. It was still quite spikey on the tanks but the raid itself pretty much takes no damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]