Need help with a DPS issue

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a 530 ILVL and am only pulling 100k dps consistent no cooldowns thats if i gem straight haste and reforge haste>crit>matery... on that same hand i have tried other builds one in particular ask mr robot if i gem enchant and reforge like it says to i go from 100k down to around 86k i have had this issue for a while and am starting to raid with guild per thier request because i dont fail at mechanics but before i can do anything serious this is an issue that severly needs to be fixed any help that can be offered would be much apriciated
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Personally, i go strength>haste>mastery>crit. Im like 490 il in pve gear and i pull 70k no cds.
Edited by Gahann on 9/28/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
CLCret and see if your rotation differs from what it would tell you to do.

You have no set bonuses, but nothing is wrong with your gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Like Cayse said, your gear looks good. It's probably a rotation thing. Using different Majors (such as Exo or Double Jeop) and T5/6 talents for certain fights may help as well.

[e] Reforging Haste > Mastery/Crit is correct for the most part, but if you want to get really nitty-gritty you can try to SimCraft yourself and see which between Mastery and Crit is actually worth a little more to you. Bear in mind they scale dynamically with each other though, so it might just be more trouble than it's worth.
Edited by Svayne on 9/28/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i have clc ret and find myself standing around waiting for wrap around alot but i dont think its a haste issue is there somewher i can find haste plateaus?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Er, I just noticed that you said without cooldowns. What do you do WITH cooldowns, on average? They're sort of integral to our DPS.
Edited by Svayne on 9/28/2013 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
cooldowns rolling in a low movement fight over a ten minute interval im around 165 sometimes higher if i get a good string of crits (bursting up to around 230k peak)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
according to the simulator gemed and geared as i am right now i should average 161k dps over the corse of a fight so it is on my y i am not doing that so im off the learn what i need to fix in my rotation in order to do that thanks for the help everyone
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
161k dps over the course of a zero movement fight with absolutely flawless play, because the default settings are patchwerk/elite.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sounds like you're doing just fine. Sims account for cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hIr2t_YiE this might help a little video i made
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm 540 IL and hold 170k-185k bursting peak up to 400k pretty solidly. I never really drop below that. I go as haste>mastery>crit since that's what it's actually making us go from our Best in Slot this tier. Plus our inquisition gives us like 15% crit. Mr Robot is a great place to get your stats from. Works like a charm to me. And there really isn't a ret rotation lmao. just make sure you use excro everytime it's up. That's basically about it. Other than that I make sure my rotation to get my 3 holy power is always crusader/judgement/crusader and it works well in the CD rate of the two. GL in your raiding! I'm 8/14 exp so far.

p.s. This raid hates melee. So your dps shouldn't be as high as a ranged. So don't get down on yourself. Cause at 185k I'm still bottom dps.

p.s. If you have a tier bonus. Make sure you are getting every bit that you can out of it.

and that's about it. GL!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
according to the simulator gemed and geared as i am right now i should average 161k dps over the corse of a fight so it is on my y i am not doing that so im off the learn what i need to fix in my rotation in order to do that thanks for the help everyone

Simc is too smart of its own good. That is why most theory crafters use their own math and spreadsheets. I think most players that use it take it with a grain of salt now. Its useful but I have been using Exemplars spreadsheet for a while now and prefer it over Simc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/28/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Bubbleswag
m 540 IL and hold 170k-185k bursting peak up to 400k pretty solidly. I never really drop below that. I go as haste>mastery>crit since that's what it's actually making us go from our Best in Slot this tier.
I also go with Haste > mastery > crit and pull 120-140k steady dps (519 ilvl) I wouldn't gem pure haste gems, I'd go with str/haste.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I also go with Haste > mastery > crit and pull 120-140k steady dps (519 ilvl) I wouldn't gem pure haste gems, I'd go with str/haste.

I would generally agree with this. Current gear has a lot of haste on it, and with the trinkets that give 20%+ cooldown reduction (depending on raid difficulty) on CS, Judgment, and Exorcism, it might be worth looking into starting to gem mastery in there as well.

Theck had theorized for prot paladins that spamming haste stops becoming beneficial around 35-40% since CS/HoR, Judgment, and Grand Crusader procs would nearly HoPo generation at 1 Hopo/GCD. His argument was to start considering investing in stamina, mastery, or strength at that point (survivability vs. dps). Since Sanctity of Battle works the same for Retribution and Protection, it might be worth testing more str/mastery to make your more frequent attacks do more damage. Of course, this is all theoretical, and I'm hoping to test it out after I get my hands on the next reset's raid goodies.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
09/30/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Davisaar
the trinkets that give 20%+ cooldown reduction (depending on raid difficulty) on CS, Judgment, and Exorcism,

What the hell are you babbling about? There is no such trinket. Evil Eye of Galakras only affects Avenging Wrath, Divine Protection, Divine Shield, Guardian of Ancient Kings, and Hand of Purity; it's supposed to also affect Hand of Protection and Hand of Freedom, but neither appear to work in game right now. And if you were referring to Thok's Tail Tip, that adds a percentage of your current haste rating which is a far cry from 20% of a rotational ACD.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]