Trinket selection advice, please

90 Night Elf Druid
Gearing up for Flex raiding, but I may also have to step away from tanking SoO normal on my main to heal on this toon. You can see that I still have the 489 Qin-Xi's Polarizing Seal equipped...that much spirit along with the int proc is hard to give up, but I'm really wondering if the ilvl is going to...i don't know...hold me back or something.

I have enough VP to get the Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault trink, but losing the spirit scares me. And the 3 min CD is also a bit of a turn-off. I also have been grinding Timeless Isle and am about 4k coins away from being able to get the healer trink. But again, that loss of spirit is worrisome although the 1.5 min CD looks better.

I'm hung up in 'analysis-paralysis' mode here and could use some help. I also have 3 Burdens of Eternity in my bags that I'm scared to use, because the two I've burned so far gave me nothing with spirit on it (my shadow priest ALWAYS gets spirit as a stat using hers >.<), and I'm really close to dropping below that 13k spirit level most find to be the comfortable amount.

So tell me...what would you do in my shoes?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
replace Qin-Xi's Polarizing Seal with Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan or even go for the timeless one that cost like 50,000 coins if not mistaken and then marco it with innervate

its ok to use spirit most raid druids are running around 12-13k anyways so using that some spirit isnt that bad
Edited by Villie on 9/30/2013 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for your input, Villie. I appreciate it. Macroing innervate to a trink never crossed my mind...I'm still relatively new to healing so I soak up any advice like this.

Kinda wish I could get more advice from others, but oh well. I'll figure it out myself. With any luck tonight I'll get a Flex trink to drop and the 'problem' will resolve itself.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Consider yourself lucky to have Horridon's, I still have yet to see any version of it. The Soothing Talisman is a very good trinket.

Macro it with Innervate and just use it. I am still holding onto my Spirits of the Sun over the Timeless Isle one, because juggling 2 on use regen trinkets is just a PITA and I am not having mana issues.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Are you running 10 man, or 25? I find that in a 25 man group, I need more Spirit than in 10s. I keep mine around 13k right now, mostly because the group I have been raiding with does the first two bosses on 25 man (with some pugs) to gear people up, then switches to 10 man for progression, and I don't want to have to reforge all the time. Yes, I am that lazy. I have had my Spirit as low as 11k in 10N Siege, and didn't feel mana starved. Of course, it helps that I got incredibly lucky with the Thunderforged Horridon trinket. I will definitely by keeping that though the end of this expansion, even though I may switch it out for more throughput on some fights, once I get a Siege trinket or two.

I do use the Shado-Pan trinket macro'd with Innervate, and it is very good for its iLvl. I do have the 535 Timeless Isle trinket as well, but feel like I am getting better return on the Shado-Pan one, as I don't have to track its CD because of the macro (I already track Innervate).

I haven't been a fan of static Spirit + Int proc in MoP, as the Int proc is quite often wasted. Static Int + regen proc always seems to be more efficient as there are very few times I do not appreciate a little more regen, and I always have the extra horsepower from the Int. It was a little different in Cata where Innervate was tied to max mana, and I could track Int procs for use with Innervate, but since that changed, I try to avoid that sort of trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks for your input, Villie. I appreciate it. Macroing innervate to a trink never crossed my mind...I'm still relatively new to healing so I soak up any advice like this.

Kinda wish I could get more advice from others, but oh well. I'll figure it out myself. With any luck tonight I'll get a Flex trink to drop and the 'problem' will resolve itself.

no problem

well if you can try to get flex Prismatic Prison of Pride or even LFR version then i know this sound stupid but try do a normal/heroic due to the 20% buff in the instance to horridion and get normal/thunderforgel or even heroic/thunderforge. i been it every week trying to get a better version of mines since normal one is meh lol

Since LFR/flex wont be open for that next boss for the new regan trinket for another 1-2weeks

2500 timeless coins = 1 Mogu Rune of Fate coin
Edited by Nillie on 10/1/2013 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]