Proving Grounds as a Shaman

100 Worgen Death Knight
So I've completed the endless 30 DPS and the endless 30 tank achievements, but the 30 endless healing achieve is stumping me hardcore. Granted I've only been healing for a week, I've managed to get to wave 26 consistently but just run out of juice.

Any of you pro shaman healers out there got any tips for the waves? <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you aren't, try to schedule your cooldowns rather than waiting for perceived emergencies to happen. I did it without ever using SLT so maybe that one could be your emergency cooldown.

As long as you master your mana management, then getting to wave 30 is really just about using your cooldowns on the grievous waves--particularly 9, 19, 29 (if I'm recalling correctly).
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I can try that. I've been mostly using my CDs for o!@#$ moments. And for reforges what Did you reforge mostly for? I've been throwing things against the wall and seeing if they stick.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I didn't really change my stat priority from my usual stuff, lol. I had high Crit with low Spirit. I just like the offhealing from AA procs and the consistent HW crits make HW incredibly reliable and ergo your healing is overall efficient. It's probably an uncommon playstyle though. You may want to use what you're already comfortable with rather than mastering something you're unfamiliar with. Same with a RS strat vs a Conductivity strat.

If you're not liking scheduling the cooldowns either, then I'm sure you could continue with a more hand-waving approaching, but I would still strongly encourage that a cooldown is saved for 9, 19, 29. I prefer Ascendance.

These are just the nuances of my strategy that don't necessarily need to be followed to succeed and a lot of it is probably overkill:

HST, particularly with Rushing Streams, is a hard counter against the bleed. Be mindful of which waves those spawn on. I often used HST as a tank heal too. It complements your HW spam generously saving mana. If you get the bleed, SBT greatly helps in removing it.

I have a focus macro for the Hive Singers to help interrupt them. The Rogue always interrupted the first one for me. If one gets through, HST-RS alone should suffice to top the raid back up. Don't forget the Large Hive Singer on wave 9, 19, 29. Again, you will probably need a cooldown to keep the raid stable while the Large Hive Singer gets "in a more manageable position".

I always prioritize dispels on the melee and use SBT to soak my own.

For the casters, you can help interrupt if you want. You can also drop Grounding Totem. Capacitor totem helps too. The Glyph of Totemic Encirclement also gives them more targets to cast on, sometimes killing your pointless totems (you can spawn them with Searing Totem if you want). Don't forget to use the Stormlash totem. Also use Heroism. Sometimes the NPCs can get it twice since the Mage's seems to overlap with it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Much appreciated for the help and tips :) I'll prob be trying later today and seeing if I can muster out the little I need to beat it.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=3632

Lots of good information and tips in there.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
25-26 are the tough waves, drop your strom lash totem to make sure you don't have any carryover from one wave to the next.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
IIRC, you can also Bloodlust freely in 5, as the group will clear all debuffs including Sated when they momentarily exit combat at the end of 6 or 7.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I didn't bother reforging or regemming (or putting a non legendary meta in an old helm). I was at I think ~7000 Spirit unbuffed, and then used Spirit food and flask. If you really wanted to build a gearset for it, I would probably suggest Spirit stacking; it's the way Resto Shaman gemmed at that item level, and Endless is essentially a set of 10 minute "raid fights", so you kind of want raid level longevity.

As far as talents and glyphs, Rushing Streams, Unleashed Fury and Ancestral Swiftness are what I would recommend. With the type of damage patterns, you won't want or need to cast Healing Rain on cooldown, so I don't see a lot of value in Conductivity. Ancestral Guidance is a mana burning talent, and you can't really afford the mana to get good use out of it in PG. Rushing Streams/HST was providing 30%+ of my total output, and it is incredibly strong, efficient output which is at a premium at that gear level. Unleashed Fury is needed for the single target burst and/or efficiency (it makes GHW/HS a near Lay on Hands if they crit, or makes a HW as strong as a GHW).

You could in theory use Primal Elementalist for the extra DPS, but I don't think you'd get as much out of it. Ancestral Swiftness over Elemental Mastery is also a given. The instant cast is a life saver, and EM is another talent like AG that requires burning a lot of mana to get the most out of, and doesn't really work at that gear level. I personally prefer Totemic Projection to be able to place SLT/Capacitor, but I guess you could stand in melee and use Call of the Elements to decent effect too.

For glyphs, I strongly recommend the Capacitor Totem glyph for more control on your AOE stun. For the other two glyphs, you probably need both Telluric Currents (there are a lot of low healing moments you can regen some extra mana/do some extra DPS with LB) and Totemic Recall for the mana longevity. There aren't really any other majors that are that impactful for PG.

The key thing is really just using Capacitor on every pull, using Grounding on cooldown on pulls with Flame Casters, interrupting on cooldown - especially the Sonic Pulse (that sucks up a huge amount of mana). Getting the Chomp debuff off ASAP (even burning 1-2 Healing Surges) is hugely important, because it drains your mana quickly if you leave it out. Use Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, Stormlash and Heroism to control the DPS a bit on pulls where overlap is problematic. In particular, I'd recommend DPS cooldowns on any pull with a Large Conqueror. The DPS tend to not kill that mob before the next wave more than any other mob, it does a crazy amount of tank damage, and can be really problematic if it is still up when say 2 Chomp debuffs or 2 Sonic Pulses go off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]