Selfless Healer and Divine Light?

90 Human Paladin
Hi! I am sorry if I am a special snowflake (so please don't rage that I need to LTR) but the description for Selfless Healer is very confusing to me.

For holy is reads that Divine Light and Holy Radiance are also affected. On Live I am not getting a charge of HP for Divine Light. And I thought Holy Radiance got a charge of HP as it is.

Description error or am I missing something?

Also as a side thought would Divine Purpose would work better if it was triggered from spells that generated HP instead of costing HP?

Thanks for your time.
Edited by Divinequill on 9/30/2013 5:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Selfless healer is designed as follows;

Use judgement, get a reduction in Speed & Cost of our mana using heals (down to instant/free). Also gives 1 HoPo per judgement use.

DL doesn't generate HoPo unless you use it on beacon target. HR generates 1 HoPo when used regardless.

For Divine Purpose, we get it based on use. WoG/EF & LoD are the equivalent of "finisher" moves. DP procs on use, rather than generation, because you need it during expenditure rather than ramp up.

Additionally, because of the way the % chance to proc works, we receive incentive to bank HoPo for said use (8/16/25%).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
DL doesn't generate HoPo unless you use it on beacon target. HR generates 1 HoPo when used regardless.

The description for selfless healer reads that Divine Light should grant a charge of HP regardless of who it is cast on - for Holy.

Bug?

or

Description error and working as intended?

This is what I want to know.
Edited by Divinequill on 9/30/2013 7:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You mean the little note-thing at the bottom of the description for Selfless Healer? That's just to say Divine Light and Holy Radiance are affected by the healing and cast-time reduction, not that they grant Holy Power.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The tool tip, when I mouse over the talent Selfless Healer in Holy Spec, It reads: "Judgments also generate a charge of holy power and Divine Light and Holy Radiance are also affected."

I am not receiving HP when I cast Divine Light.

Bug?

or

Description error and working as intended?

This is what I want to know.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That's just to say Divine Light and Holy Radiance are affected by the healing and cast-time reduction, not that they grant Holy Power.

To me its confusing. Why say it twice if its already in the main description?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To me its confusing. Why say it twice if its already in the main description?

Either Blizzard is weird like that, or picking that talent adds it into the main description, as well as pointing it out under 'Holy" in the same description.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They should just leave the extra Holy description out. However it would be nice to get a charge of HP from Divine Light....

:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/30/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Divinequill
They should just leave the extra Holy description out. However it would be nice to get a charge of HP from Divine Light....

I would agree, but the 2nd description is needed so you know what was added for your spec. It's redundant, yeah, but it's knowledge.

I don't think Divine Light should grant HP. With Holy Shock and Judgment already affected by haste, plus Beacon of Light, you've got a lot of HP right there.
Edited by Shoçkadin on 9/30/2013 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's just bad phrasing.

DL/HR are affected by the talent )sped up, and reduced in cost), but they are not supposed to generate additional HoPo.

Judgement also grants HoPo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]