Moonfang!

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Priest
The darkmoon faire draws close. And i am curious. Is Moonfang like the darkmoon rabbit where he requires a premade group.

Or can anyone get a tag off on him if they help fight him.

Trying to decide if i want to try for Moon Moon or use the tried and true method of throwing gold at it.
90 Draenei Warrior
i hope it isn't like the darkmoon rabbit we will know in a few more days.
90 Night Elf Druid
I've tweeted Mumper and gotten zero responses. I'm really hoping it's like timeless isle rares where anyone can tag because that rabbit model is just crap. If someone could find out that would be great.
90 Draenei Paladin
From the PTR testing of moonfang she's just like the timeless isle rares. Open tag system not sure if they kept it or not.
90 Pandaren Priest
From the PTR testing of moonfang she's just like the timeless isle rares. Open tag system not sure if they kept it or not.

I really hope this is the case.
90 Draenei Paladin
She also had a very short respawn of like an hour too.
90 Troll Rogue
She also had a very short respawn of like an hour too.

I was just about to ask about spawn time, that low would be fantastic
90 Tauren Druid
Actually can't believe they haven't done the same thing to the rabbit yet.
90 Draenei Warrior
Actually can't believe they haven't done the same thing to the rabbit yet.

it will get cheaper eventually when everyone and the dog has one. right now on my server it is 65k.
90 Troll Shaman
I did a little reading and it seems that you make Moonfang spawn by killing the wolves in the island...

Taken from WoWhead:
Moonfang is a new boss added to the Darkmoon Island in the Siege of Orgrimmar patch.

Moonfang is summoned by killing Moonfang Snarlers. When enough have been killed, Moonfang Dreadhowls will spawn, and after slaughtering enough, Moonfang will appear to tackle your raid.
90 Draenei Paladin
Her spawn is always a minimum of 1 hour.The snarlers cause the dreadhowlers to spawn faster then killing the dreadhowlers causes moonfang to appear 1 min afterwards. If no one kills the snarlers the dreadhowlers take longer to spawn causing moonfang's spawn rate to increase.
90 Pandaren Priest
New question.

Is Moonfang a raid or like a rare in terms of loot. If i kill her once will i not get loot killing her a 2nd time?

Need to know so i know if i need to camp the island or PARK ALL THE ZUNDETOONS
90 Undead Hunter
More looking forward to Day of the Dead!
90 Draenei Paladin
On the PTR I looted her about 21 times and got the pet, the mount, the paw, and the pelt in one day. So if it stays like that for live the pet isn't gonna be worth much to sell. She hits much harder then the darkmoon rabbit and has abilities that mind controls all the people in melee range. She also summons her pack which summons about 8 worg adds.
Edited by Respira on 10/2/2013 8:28 PM PDT
90 Troll Priest
I do not look forward to another rabbit. It is mostly entertaining to me because it is so unique. Start tossing the rabbit mechanics around and that'll get old real fast. Hopefully it stays like Timeless Isle rares.
every1 can get the loot from the wolf so its every1s tag has to be ur race tho ally or horde I mean lol
90 Gnome Priest
03/02/2014 05:12 PMPosted by Amazingrock
every1 can get the loot from the wolf so its every1s tag has to be ur race tho ally or horde I mean lol

In addition to the absolutely atrocious grammar and writing, your information is incorrect.

Anyone, regardless of faction, can get the tag on Moonfang, just like the Timeless Isle rares.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]