(DFD) What should the future hold?

Drama Free Discussions disclaimer: This post is part of a series of more structured discussions that I'd like to have on the story forum about the story of WoW and its future. The desire here is to have each and every respondents views clearly outlined and understood so that any feedback taken from it by the developers can do the most good.

If you are thinking of posting in this thread I'd like to ask you to observe a few simple rules. First and foremost, the start of each of these threads will include a collection of questions relating to the topic. Answer them, even if your answers are dull, just so that your point of view can be understood, then by all means continue to share whatever thoughts you have on the thread subject. Secondly, be polite and constructive, our job here is to express our points of view and maybe help someone else see things differently, it is not score points, flag wave for our faction or 'win.' This one, by the way, includes being polite to the developers. Thirdly, be as objective as you can. For some of us it's easier than others, but if you find yourself getting too emotionally invested in a response, take a step back and remind yourself that you're not a Night Elf, you're not part of the Alliance, you're just a person on a message board discussing your interpretation of a very incomplete story with other people on a message board. Fourthly, but least importantly, try to stay somewhere in the general vicinity of the topic.

Starting this series lets dive into a topic of actual use to the developers. Lets talk about the next expansion. Now, the next expansion has already been planned and is already being worked on, I know nothing at all about it yet but the WoW team is certainly already hard at work. So, they're not going to change the concept, they're not going to change the final boss, they're probably not even going to change the name of Varian Wrynn's cat, but that doesn't mean there still isn't advice to be given.

Question 1. What would you most like to see in the next expansion? This can be a character, an event, even something as esoteric as a theme. Just so long as it's not so all encompassing that it would devour the expansion entirely.
Question 2. If what you most want to see would only primarily involve a specific race or faction, is there any way it can be expanded to include others, and if so, how?
Question 3. What would you most hate to see happen in the next expansion? Again, this can be a character, an event, a theme.
Question 4. If there is a significant enough portion of the player population who want what you would hate the most, can you think of a way to mollify or satisfy that group, and if so, how?
Question 5. What is your favorite color?

Structure and context for the discussion.

Answer 1. I'd like to see the thing I've been talking about seeing for awhile. I'd like to see the Orcs in their original Warcraft 3 role of uniters, protectors and defenders of the weak and downtrodden. I'd like Orc quest texts to talk more about how they're protecting their allies, friends, family, even the planet itself.

Answer 2. Well, availability to the Horde, even those same themes being expanded to the entirety of the Horde would be pretty easy. I guess one or two Orcs as neutral quest givers would allow the Alliance to participate in this as well.

Answer 3. I guess I'd hate to see an immediate and senseless return to hostilities. If the war must start up again, and I acknowledge it's a wealth of potential story and conflict, then much later and with just cause.

Answer 4. I don't know, if we're to have a period of peace than maybe the warmongers could be satisfied with a few things to hint at reigniting hostilities. Or perhaps some more 'cavern of time' style dungeons to retell some of the gorier parts of the first war. A dungeon that sacks Stormwind for the Horde warmongers and for the Alliance Warmongers, some sort of epic charge to end Warcraft 2 with.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
1. A fissure in the Horde brought in by the events of last expansion. In the sense that the holy trinity of Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls is broken. They work together but it clear trust issues now exist. Forcing orcs to establish closer ties with other members of the Horde, same with the Trolls and Tauren. Breaking those three apart and making them grow closer to other Horde races that were always out of the loop, Blood elves, Forsaken, Goblins, and Panadrean. Will go a ways help rebuild the Horde unity that was lost.

2. A change in guards and in quest givers. Trolls and Orcs sharing hostile dialogue. It would not need excessive changes just small minor ones to give a fill that atmosphere of the Horde has changed. Keep it small, not big display in raid content or scenario.
I don't think it would be wise for Alliance to have deal with the Horde internal problems they have had to do that enough.

3. A repeat of Garrosh with Sylvanas. Were we lose our own iconic character as Loot piñatas.
I just rather not do this song and dance again. No, siege of Undercity 2.0.

4. Actual content relating to giving identity to races within factions. To races like The Worgen, updates such as quest givers or towns. Give an substance that always depend upon the Horde doing something to them, and show it in game

5. Pink
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2013 04:04 AMPosted by Dorcy
Question 1. What would you most like to see in the next expansion? This can be a character, an event, even something as esoteric as a theme. Just so long as it's not so all encompassing that it would devour the expansion entirely.

Blood Elves and Trolls. In any capacity.

Question 2. If what you most want to see would only primarily involve a specific race or faction, is there any way it can be expanded to include others, and if so, how?

Not complicated. Vol'jin is the new leader of the Horde, so the Trolls will need to keep doing something. Likely with the Zandalari. Blood Elves are easy to fit in anywhere.

Question 4. If there is a significant enough portion of the player population who want what you would hate the most, can you think of a way to mollify or satisfy that group, and if so, how?

I would like the Horde to get good lore. For any people that do not want this, I would suggest that their faction, whichever it may be, has it's own, independently good lore.

I legitimately don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Question 3. What would you most hate to see happen in the next expansion? Again, this can be a character, an event, a theme.

1 - I would like to see proof that the Alliance and the Horde are both taking legitimate steps to prevent another war. This, of course, includes work together against whatever gribblies are going to be primary stab targets. However, it should also include the Horde being very careful to act differently than Garrosh's interpretation, and a conscious Alliance effort to act both proactively in its own defense and careful of repeating an internment camp scenario in which they sow the seeds for future trouble.

This would include rectifying scenarios of both sides securing themselves. I'd love to see a set of matched Scenarios in which the Forsaken secure and rebuild parts of Alterac while Danath Trollbane secures Stromgarde. There could even be an unofficial Alliance, as Galen pitches in a few Forsaken troops to secure his homeland for his brother, and Danath responds in kind to secure Alterac for his brother and end the threat of the Syndicate.

2 - I think every race should get a scenario, dungeon, or zone where they are in the primary spotlight. And the Gnome's probably shouldn't be Gnomebliteration 2.0

3 - One of two things - I would not want to see the Faction war either immediately resume or be immediately dropped and never spoken of again.

4 - If the faction war must go on, keep it as small scale skirmishes and cold war, and make the Alliance the main driving force. It seems to me like a lot of Alliance players would like "proactive defense" to mean "we hit them in the knees whenever they look away." I wouldn't like it, but it would be better than retreading the Horde villain bat all over again. If the war was just dropped and never spoken of again, it would hurt verisimilitude, but I could live with it.

5 - Orange.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Edit -
Gah, irrelevant. If you wish to continue this line of discussion Seebach, I wouldn't mind talking with you on it. But we should probably respect the OP's on topic request and take it to a new thread.

Edit Edit - I think what I was responding to was removed, so, killed my response.
Edited by Grimauna on 10/3/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Good stuff so far. If you can think of some constructive feedback, or even some commentary, about another poster's suggestion, feel free to provide it.
Edited by Dorcy on 10/3/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

A1: Well personally I myself would like to see a bit more political tension between the Alliance. With things like the Gilnean Worgen claiming Duskwood (which already has little support from Stormwind as is) and the government of Stormwind attempting to dispute that claim. Or better yet, the Night Elves becoming a sort of "Western Leader" of the Alliance, in the sense that they've made enough gains to actually be able to field troops to help other Alliance nations rather than it being solely Stormwind's job.

A2: Eh, probably not. It's an Alliance story for the Alliance, inclusion of the Horde would only completely overshadow the attempts at making an Alliance motivated story.

A3: Personally, I have a lot of things I would want to see, though I suppose the big two are the Alliance story being worked on, and this status as a "superpower" being shown and not immediately removed a patch into the expac.

A4: Personally I'm not even sure how Horde players could be satisfied if/when the Alliance gets a story. Sorry to say.

A5: "Blue... NO WAIT YELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!" (But seriously, blue.)

And OP... Thank you for including a Monty Python reference in here. You deserve a cookie.

Well, the alternative was killing them all, and we wouldn't have been experiencing this problem.

...The one thread I try to behave and put some of that bitter cynicism behind me and -this- starts up again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Some people just can't help themselves.

1. I've often mused about a South Seas expansion with Azshara as the chief antagonist, but leaving room in patches to deal with ancillary threats like her Old God and Faceless One patron(s), undersea Titan facilities, Neptulon, remnants of the Golden Fleet and Zuldazar, what have you.

2. It'd heavily involve Night Elves, obviously, but it wouldn't be too difficult to include other races in various chunks of the expansion. Trolls looking to Zuldazar, Dwarves and Gnomes looking at Uld'lantis, various shamanic races looking to spring Neptulon free, maybe even Kul Tirasian Humans joining in.

3. The faction war blowing up again could potentially be even more damaging to both factions than ever before and should be avoided at all costs.

4. The factions don't have to get along, so if contact is kept at a bear minimum, those people who wanted the war to continue wouldn't have to work too closely with the other faction, minimizing their rage.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
1. Aszhara shaking up things for Azeroth. The Horde looks around Azeroth and maybe Draenor for allies due to its losses from the war. The Alliance has some internal friction due to Varian's kingly decision and other recent events.

2. It's not really factional focused but it's both factions dealing with their problems as well as dealing with Azeroth's problems.

3. Death of another Horde factional leader, the theme of horde heroes get death is getting old.

4. Have that character die an honorable death, or a death that is redemptive or a sacrifice for the greater good.

5. Green
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2013 06:35 AMPosted by Grimauna
1 - I would like to see proof that the Alliance and the Horde are both taking legitimate steps to prevent another war.

Well, I had thought they gave us a couple in Cataclysm between the Sentinels pushing the Grimtotem out of Freewind Post alongside the Tauren, and the trolls seeking aid in SW, but silly me for thinking positively about the writers, I guess.

Answer 1. I'd like to see the thing I've been talking about seeing for awhile. I'd like to see the Orcs in their original Warcraft 3 role of uniters, protectors and defenders of the weak and downtrodden. I'd like Orc quest texts to talk more about how they're protecting their allies, friends, family, even the planet itself.

That'd be a pleasant change to see, as opposed to the junior high jock level characterization they've tended to get. Orcs more like Saurfang should show up more as opposed to 'MWAHAHA CRUSH THE SKULLS OF OUR ENEMIES AND WE SHALL DRINK DEEPLY OF THEIR BLOOD!' when they ask you to take some supplies down the road sorts (yes, that's hyperbole).

1) I'd like to see the Draenei get some identity, any identity, other than navel-gazing philosophers. They've got millenia of life experience, let them bring it to bear - not even militarily, but construction and other projects, such as the NPC in Ammen Vale inspecting a building and noting it isn't satisfactory. Granted, Forest Song is a poor example, but that's not the fault of the Draenei, but the developers.

2) In a Burning Legion type setting, I think every race of both factions could be included without much trouble. Having a mixed variety of leaders of all stripes would be easily achieved.

3) Gonna go with the bandwagon and say the faction war again. The writers have demonstrated their complete ineptitude of writing a war between factions that doesn't tear down at least one of the factions, and the playerbase has been poisoned to the point that I don't think things are fixable anymore.

4) I can't think of a good way to accommodate those who want war still. There will always be tension between the two factions, and 'just walk away' is only going to work in the extreme short term. Things like the Sunreavers locked in Violet Hold (most likely being innocent, the real culprits either escaped or just a tiny minority of those jailed) and the Horde that willingly marched under Garrosh and the Forsaken are always going to loom overhead until ways are found to deal with them.

5) Royal blue
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
A4: Personally I'm not even sure how Horde players could be satisfied if/when the Alliance gets a story. Sorry to say.

It'll be like Wrath. Some people will, of course, scream and complain, and the rest will ride it out to see the end and wait for it to cycle around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Answer 1: I would like to resolve some of the previous plot lines and to do so in a way that is satisfying and moves on to new material. This has been a major problem with Warcraft's story regardless of faction or expansion and it needs to be fixed. I'm not suggesting that Blizzard devote an entire expansion to resolving old plots. But I am hoping that in the next expansion they will resolve in-game some of the stories that are left open; the after affects of the war and the effort to end the faction conflict (in story) are good examples.

Answer 2: For some plot lines this would be easier than others. The Syndicate, for an example, can be presented as a threat to the interests of both the Alliance and the Horde. The Burning Blade clan and the Defias are more faction/race specific and, in my opinion, should stay that way as they offer additional depth to their faction and races stories.

Answer 3: Honestly I'm not certain how to answer this one. There are several points in the story that I dislike but none that I would say I hate. If I had to narrow down the point I would dislike seeing the most it would be permanently abandoning Gilneas, Alterac, and Stromgarde (the cities). They are perfect places for a good deal of story development that could impact all sides and would be very good to include in a scenario/s.

Answer 4: There have been several posters who disagree with revisiting the cities for various reasons. The biggest, in my opinion, is that there is little incentive in current lore to make them relevant. This is a fair thing to consider but it has some simple solutions. They can be shown through scenarios (the stories for which I will leave for a thread I don't mind derailing :) and then reflected in-game as under repair, rather than as fully functional cities. And/or, they could be included in an extended quest line that would lead to each of them.

Answer 5: tie between orange and blue
Reply Quote
@Eretnik, yeah I could get behind some inner turmoil amongst the first three of the Horde. And it's a logical extension of the plot to date. And yes, I too cringe at the thought of repeating the worst parts of Mists with Sylvanas. I'm not sure how giving more racial identity will quiet those who want to kill Sylvanas, but it would definitely be worth seeing just for the sake of making a better game.

@Veloran, I think we've already seen more than a bit from Blood Elves of late but the Trolls can really use some time in the spotlight to do something other than getting killed. Good plot lines for everybody is certainly the goal to aspire too. Problem is usually figuring out what is and isn't a 'good' plotline.

@Grimauna, can't agree with you enough. I'd like to see some reference about the orcs of the Horde learning how to use the new growth, mostly palm wood, in Southern Barrens to fill the resource needs they used to have in Ashenvale. It's a solution that saves pride on both sides, it acknowledges the need that the Orcs had pre-cata for those resources and presents a solution that makes sense.

@Callet, Yes! Worgen in Duskwood just makes too much sense, if they ever redo those zones that must happen! Probably won't though, since they're not exactly eager to dive back into redoing leveling zones. I dunno, if the Horde starts next expansion in a weakened state, they could in fact be VERY interested in a fissure within the Alliance ranks between a militant faction that hates them and a militant faction that hates them AND wants to destroy them at any cost.

@Kellick, I honestly hope they make a south sea expansion some day too. At first it seemed like a pretty bland idea but more than a few posts have hit the story forum that have really sold me on the idea.

@Xoroth, searching Draenor for allies eh? Possibly the Ogres we've been hoping for? Hell, I'd be happy with Ethereals, Arokkoa or even a red skin option for Orcs. As far as the Alliance shaking up from Varian's decisions.... I'm trying to imagine how they'd go about that. It's tricky to write without mangling the characters involved.

@Tariopia, I'd love to see Draenei showing identity. But long lived races are a pain to write for. Realistically, a society founded by people where the average age is in the middle triple digits should hold so many different personalities and identities that the only thing they'd have in common would be centuries of experience dealing with people who disagree with them about everything. Diplomacy and a really long view of things, not wool-gathering philosophy, should be the Draenei's defining characteristics and after that... I think an individual Draenei could turn out just about any way possible.

@Danseis, plot resolution. I hadn't even considered that as a possibility to be honest. That's deep enough that I'm going to have to think about it for awhile before I know exactly how I feel about it. Abandoning old leveling zones and giving up on the story of what's next though, that's a pretty tough nut too. I respect that you want to see the story of Stromgarde, Gilneas, and Alterac continue. I can understand that as the story can only go so far out before it's well outside of the range that someone is interested in. For the next expansion though, I'd rather not see them touch on any of those topics that are sure to require conflict between Horde and Alliance. In my opinion there are just too many raw nerves and too many ill feelings for them to give Stromgarde a fair showing. Alterac and Glineas though, yeah, go crazy with those.

Anyway, everyone, really good stuff so far.
Edited by Dorcy on 10/3/2013 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
What would you most like to see in the next expansion? This can be a character, an event, even something as esoteric as a theme. Just so long as it's not so all encompassing that it would devour the expansion entirely.

I would like to see the overarching story of the Alliance been about interracial cooperation with intra-racial discord, as a contrast to the Horde's prior storyline of interracial discord with intra-racial unity (Though it would perhaps be more fair to say intra-racial uniformity).

So while each race of the Alliance is quite dedicated to the Alliance, there is debate, dissension or even outright discord over the methods to express that.

For example, the Night Elves have a split between the main populace and the druids, over their perceived lack of loyalty to their people in allowing the Horde unchecked action in Ashenvale and Azshara during and following the Cataclysm. As a result, the druids lose much of their influence in Night Elf society and politics. Additionally, the Highborn capitalize on this, and make an effort to pick up the slack, and as a result enjoy an increasingly favourable view in Night Elf society, moving them away from their druidic, anti arcane roots (heh).

This theme is continued with each race, with a split in their society that pertains and is directly related to the Alliance actions in that expansion. If we propose that the Draenei split is about whether to make war, or to attempt to nurture, you have both camps out doing things aligned with their ethos to demonstrate how their goals aid the Alliance. Draenei Vindicators, say, are out leading charges against the enemy, and then relating it to their paste, decrying the passivity of their past and lamenting how action brought them low.

The Anchorites, in contrast, travel to offer succour, healing the wounded, negotiating, and the like, and demonstrate that a sword is not always the answer.

If what you most want to see would only primarily involve a specific race or faction, is there any way it can be expanded to include others, and if so, how?

I think the above is easily expandable to the other races. Night Elves have a split centered around Druidism and their neutral philosophy. Draenei have a split around action and the role they should take in the Army of Light, whether as facilitators, or leaders. Worgen could have a split about moving forward, and relegating Gilneas to the past, or reclaiming it, or about their curse, and whether to seek a permanent cure, or embrace it fully. Gnomes could have a split about their image, whether to demonstrate their value as more than a grease monkeys, or keep to their gadgets, in that while both are good, more glory and recognition is attached to the former, and that this recognition may be parlayed into increased value.

Humans could have many. Stormwind versus the other nations. War versus peace (a la Varian's decision in SoO), the disenfranchised versus the needs of the many.

Dwarves also have a good one. A split over the reintegration of the clans, and what that means. Perhaps a faction dedicated to Moira's son's claim, versus that of the Anvilmar clan.

I should be fair, and say I don't really know how Pandaren should be included in this picture.

What would you most hate to see happen in the next expansion? Again, this can be a character, an event, a theme.

A continuation of the past, in that the Horde runs around free to act like 'badasses' while no one, Alliance or neutral, calls them on it, or forces them to face the logical repercussions of their actions, and indeed often lavishes hefty praise upon them. It cheapens the story, and every faction in the game.

If there is a significant enough portion of the player population who want what you would hate the most, can you think of a way to mollify or satisfy that group, and if so, how?

No. I don't think they should be mollified if that is what they want. If the majority of the playerbase wants war, then they should have war from both sides. If the majority of the Horde wants war, then they should accept that logically this should make them distasteful to the Alliance and to the neutral factions, and should accept the consequences thereof.

Tough. Metallic shades, by and large, silver and black for preference.

I would like to see proof that the Alliance and the Horde are both taking legitimate steps to prevent another war. This, of course, includes work together against whatever gribblies are going to be primary stab targets. However, it should also include the Horde being very careful to act differently than Garrosh's interpretation, and a conscious Alliance effort to act both proactively in its own defense and careful of repeating an internment camp scenario in which they sow the seeds for future trouble.

This would include rectifying scenarios of both sides securing themselves. I'd love to see a set of matched Scenarios in which the Forsaken secure and rebuild parts of Alterac while Danath Trollbane secures Stromgarde. There could even be an unofficial Alliance, as Galen pitches in a few Forsaken troops to secure his homeland for his brother, and Danath responds in kind to secure Alterac for his brother and end the threat of the Syndicate.

This. Also perhaps with a storyline dedicated to the Forsaken ousting Sylvanas and her supporters in favour of a new leader developed to be more in keeping with Horde/Alliance relations.

For splits in the Horde (if we should go that way), that would be a good one for the Forsaken. A camp dedicated to Sylvanas, and virulently opposed to the Living, and another wanting to not bring the wrath of the world down on them, realizing that military strength will never be enough to save them in the face of their glaring weaknesses, and working to make their existence at least palatable, if not downright acceptable, to the other factions.

Orcs have a good one in the lingering loyalty to the ideals of Garrosh, and their pride, while another invests in growing beyond their recent past, and actually reconnecting with their roots. (( I have a mental image of a beginning level quest where you do the age of ascension/adulthood hunt. You are in a 'vehicle' quest, where you are armed with a spear/axe and sans armour, and have a new action bar with same basic abilities, and you must go into the wilds of Durotar/the Barrens, and kill a creature. There are varying levels of mobs to fight, and killing different ones will net you a different weapon with a unique texture, and maybe even a title. I think titles should be more prolific.))

Tauen have one similar to the Draenei. Action versus inaction, facilitation versus leadership. Some could view Baine as weak for his passivity in the prior troubles, thinking that if he had stepped forward in a more active manner, things would have been different. They think that they have a duty to lead and reshape the Horde now.

Trolls I think could be different. I think their little theme should be about combing the various troll tribes into the Horde, and getting a look at those cultures. ((Though I can't kick out the idea that for whatever reason, the Zandalari might turn to the Alliance. It is a stupidly persistant idea.))

Blood Elves would have a struggle towards their stance in the Horde, versus that with the Alliance. Bridges have been burned, and some of those rebuilt bridges have been burned again. But I think it would be interesting to see how some might view owing fealty to a troll now.

Goblins are tough for me. It is tough to move them out of their joke role, though for them and the Gnomes, I think this is incredibly important to do. So while keeping the mercantile theme is important, I think it needs other flavours to complement it, or at lest nuance it. For instance, in the Blank Scroll story, it was interesting to see the more unanced view Gallywix had of profits. Sure, if might be worth it in the short run to do something, but balancing that with a long view is important. Maybe ten bucks now isn't always as good as even five bucks down the road.

Again, no damn clue about Pandaren. I think they should get a unified pan faction development, but no clue how that would work.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
1. I'd like to visit many of the remaining lore places on Azeroth. There are 3-4 super huge cities we've never been to. Zulzuzar, Kezan, Azjor-nerub, etc.
2. Blizz needs to figure out what the heck they are doing with the Forsaken. Also, Draenei and Worgen need more screentime.
3. Horde being stupid-evil, Alliance having NO conflict at all and being perfect stupid-good.
4. Storylines don't have to be mutually exclusive. As long as one faction isn't demanding we spite the other faction, everyone can get what they want.
5. Earthy blues
Reply Quote

1. There's lots of things I'd like to see, but if I had to pick just one? It'd be Alliance rebuilding its homefront. That's why Varian had his forces withdraw from Orgrimmar. Sure, people could say he took the high road there but the truth is, he chose to leave for the reasons he stated--it'd cost too much to continue the war, they'd have NO idea how to govern the conquered peoples (and doing so as slave races/internment was out of the question), and they need to refocus their efforts on the homefront. That doesn't mean the other Alliance leaders, not all of them, are going to be onboard (note Jaina's little "dismantle the Horde" whispers.), so there may be some extremist groups around to complicate things. Horde players can experience the same on their end, to keep both sides involved.

2. Pandaren would have to deal with a variety of things that can have players involved. Mainland Pandaren (as in from Pandaria) would have to learn how to live in the world again and Wandering Isle Pandaren would deal with how to handle things after they've chosen sides. Both types of Pandaren will have to also look at a possible reunion and they're going to need to establish some kind of permanent leadership, a leadership both Horde and Alliance will want to capitalize on by inserting their own agents in. Spoiler, the Pandaren's new leader (either Pandaria or Wandering Isle) will make it clear to both factions that the Pandaren are neutral, and any who choose either side is welcome to do so but their first loyalty is to Pandaria and/or the Wandering Isle.

3. The LAST thing I want to see is the faction war rising up like it did in Mists. I'll grant there's been some damage done in terms of inter-faction relations, but to rise up another Horde tyrant? Or worse, an Alliance one who thinks the only way for peace is to dismantle the Horde (and that can be taken to mean so many things). Both sides have their homes damaged, trust destroyed, I'd think repairing those homes and bonds are going to be a bigger priority than nursing old hatreds and grudges. Proudmoore said no peace as long as Hellscream was Warchief, Hellscream's been overthrown--now let's get to peace already.

4. IF this comes to pass, and this is a big IF, then I would settle with an attempt to restart hostilities only for the players to expose the attempt and the persons responsible. Note that I'm leaving details on that one open because some in the Horde can be just as determined to continue as some Alliance. It could even be Alliance trying to free Hellscream and making it look like the Horde did it. We already had the Twilight's Hammer contribute to the hostilites and succeed, and no one was the wiser about it. Let's not repeat that performance.

5. Green.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
10/03/2013 04:04 AMPosted by Dorcy

Answer 1. Next expansion I would like to see something that's conducive to Forsaken pride. As stated by Dave Kosak "We want to foster a sense of factional pride, a real identity with your brothers and sisters in arms.". Playing meat shields and bullet catchers to Sylvanas because she doesn't want to go to WOW Hell isn't prideful or fun; it's actually the exact opposite. I cannot "Identify with my brothers and sisters in arms" because they aren't privy to Sylvanas's current intentions and her intentions in Edge of Night. I wince every time a Forsaken member says "Dark Lady watch over you"; I want to reply with "I know what she did last summer, so no Thank you"

I would love to see a Forsaken sect of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. I feel that out of all the playable races the Forsaken are masters of Shadow and should represent it. Need examples, look at the extent in which characters/factions represent each school of magic.

Answer 2. The Cult of the Forgotten Shadow went neutral any race could be a member of the neutral organization.

As far as Forsaken pride; I feel that it's very specific so obviously it's not meant for anti/non-Forsaken fans.

Pride in ones faction shouldn't be exclusive to the Forsaken. From a Horde's point of view we went from FOR THE HORDEEE!!!! to <<mumble grumble>>yea yea For The horde...., which is the same exact vibe I'm getting from Forsaken fans.

Pride is good for everyone.

Answer 3.

1. Sylvanas taking the bulk of the Forsaken's progressive lore.

2. Sylvanas taking a handful of the Forsaken Heroes with her when Cdev decides it's time for to go.

Answer 4.

Hmmm what to do with the people who love Sylvanas taking the bulk of the Forsaken lore and the people who would love for a handful of the Forsaken Heroes to be taken with Sylvanas?

Honestly I find it hard to compromise with hypothetically people. So I would need more information to give a valid opinion.

Answer 5.

Black
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Class specific questing. I would love to see 11 completely different leveling experiences, but I sympathize that this is probably never going to happen. Maybe we could just have a few class specific quests, similar to Harvest. I loved the chain and hate that only Warlocks got something so epic.

Everyone could have class specific quests. I really do not like that every single character follows the same epic journey since there is something fundamentally different between Paladins and Warlocks.

I would like to stall the Burning Legion for as long as possible, or at the very least stall Sargeras. He has been built up as the ultimate evil in the universe and his defeat should herald the end of the game. I am worried that if we go into a Burning Legion expansion, we will have to fight him as the final boss and anything beyond that would just being a disappointment. What threat could possibly be more dangerous than the devil incarnate? Anything beyond the primary antagonist usually feels forced since it is usually to drag the story along further. Defeating the devil should not be greeted with meeting the super-devil.

I am not opposed to a Burning Crusade 2.0 but want Sargeras to still be a looming threat unless this is the final expansion. The only solution I could come up with is either not encountering Sargeras at all but be teased with the final encounter, or perhaps a KJ encounter with Sargeras in the sense that we just set him back as opposed to actually killing him. I am not a fan of killing since some characters have a lot of story potential (reason I assume Garrosh was not killed).

Blue like the Banshee Queen’s skin. Do not care if that is just a game thing and she is supposed to be pale white or something. She looks amazing.
Reply Quote
@Arkturas, interesting idea relating to the Night Elves. Shifting their culture away from the druidic roots and towards the arcane precisely because that druid section of the populace was too soft on the horde. I'd like to see the inevitable fallout, though I imagine certain Night Elf partisans would consider this 'breaking Night Elf lore."

@Syren, showing the tactical consolidation of currently held territories into definable borders certainly seems like a good idea, but I think it's unlikely to be developed. Next expansion is likely going to be set someplace far off with art and story resources dedicated to telling that story, not continuing this one. More's the pity.

@Deathisfinal, faction pride. Really what we're all looking for. Would you be able to shift your outlook if, instead of downplaying Sylvanas' time, Blizzard spent development time showing a point of view shift with Sylvanas away from the sociopathic manipulations in her short story?

@Kathoskrino, class specific quests sounds like a good idea, but I've always shied away from suggesting it myself because of complications you get from classes like Blood Knights, Sunwalkers, and Vindicators, just to use Paladin examples. In a suggestion like this, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on how to include players who don't see their Draenei Paladin as a Lord Knight of the Argent Crusade, but rather as a warrior-priest of the Hand of Argus?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]