How do you kill the Albatross as a Druid?????

90 Night Elf Druid
*Edit: Thanks to all the wonderful help, I got it done :)

I just started the Timeless Isle stuff yesterday. I decided to give the Albatross (end quest) a go today. I've been at this for hours to the point I'm about to give up on this place :(

I've been to Wowhead.com and have read the comments and have gone step by step. I get to over the red lake and start attacking. I can't even get him past roughly 15%(?) damage before I'm out of mana. Then he starts back up flying (with me) away from where I need to be.

The only way I can seem to get off him is by logging out, back in to then find myself falling to my impending doom!

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what it is I need to be doing right??

Any Feral Druids out there that can give me pointers on what spells I should be using to kill this thing?? I'm sooo tired of going past where I need to be because I can't kill him, dying, and then having repair bills after repair bills. If I can't figure this out tonight, I'm just going to have to be done with this nightmare of a place. It started off pretty fun but now I just want to leave TI and never step foot back there; and just carry on with the regular (much more fun) stuff that this character does on a daily basis.

Please, someone help me. :)

The page and it's 1st comment are where I've been at: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8730
Edited by ßöòtßóöt on 10/1/2013 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
moonfire and wrath and autoattack
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
moonfire and wrath and autoattack
Thanks :) I'll give it yet another go, I've been using the 1st 2 but not auto-attack, it's not even on my bar :/ Never needed it before.

Thanks for answering me :)

I have high anxiety (that I do take medicine for) but this Island is seriously over-riding that :P
Edited by ßöòtßóöt on 10/1/2013 7:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Buy this Golden Glider

Go into fatigue waters away from the island, near by where you have to turn in the quest.

Fly up fairly high, and then move toward the direction of the quest. You'll be dismounted but you'll be able to use the glider.

Use it, and glide down to the quest location.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warrior
you could just right click to auto attack right? i dont understand why you dont do that all the time regardless... youre melee.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can't shapeshift into cat form on the bird?!

Moonkin form works fine. :\
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
you could just right click to auto attack right? i dont understand why you dont do that all the time regardless... youre melee.
Basically, because just right-clicking the target in druid form maintains auto-attack. On some alts it's on my bar because it helps. But, I've managed 3 1/2 years so far without on (this 1) my main. Sooo 'noob' of me; I know :P Never used/needed it before; but I'm glad I asked, because I'm keeping it there now :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Might of Ursoc, pops you into bear form.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can't shapeshift into cat form on the bird?!

Moonkin form works fine. :\

Nope, tried and tried but won't let me. I did get him down to half-way thanks to the 1st reply :) , I'm circling again and start doing it; I just need to be a little faster though.
Reply Quote
Try damaging the bird down to around 20% first, then attacking it later on where you want to drop.

/shrug
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Won't let me go into bear form. It says when I try that "You can't do that right now." This is not working for me, that MoU. Oh well, still waiting to complete the circling to get to the lake again..
Edited by ßöòtßóöt on 10/1/2013 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Using the ability Might of Ursoc (green background with a funky bear looking thing on it) shifts you to bear form automatically. It's worked for me every time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2013 08:25 PMPosted by ßöòtßóöt
Won't let me go into bear form. It says when I try that "You can't do that right now." This is not working for me, that MoU. Oh well, still waiting to complete the circling to get to the lake again..
With heart of the wild popped your caster-form DPS might go up enough to kill it with Wrath, and it costs no mana... 45 seconds of that might be enough?

Other than that, I have no idea. :(

It's really lame you can't go into feral forms with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks everyone - I killed him and got the chest :)))))))))))))))))))))) Sooooooooo happy!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for taking the time for helping me and giving advice/suggestions. Thanks again everyone ((~*HUGS*~))
Reply Quote
Tired of Blizzard overlooking druid forms for this kind of stuff.

I remember working on Yogg and was tanking something and got picked up by a tenticle and knocked me out of bear form and killed me.

Or trying to get the 50 pvp kills for the meta achievement, "what a long, strange trip it's been".
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I was able to do it, it just took a long time. :) Keep hitting them and they will stay in one place.
Reply Quote
Use Dash, it will pop you in cat form.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Use Dash, it will pop you in cat form.
Thanks!

Might of Ursoc worked for me, but better yet (for future reference) use Dash.
And, thanks (also)!

Will remember this for my many other alt ferals :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Using the ability Might of Ursoc (green background with a funky bear looking thing on it) shifts you to bear form automatically. It's worked for me every time.
O.k., now looking back (after the fact) I was doing that all wrong. I was trying to go into bear-form 1st, as the MoU spell is on my 'bear' hotbar. I think a re-arranging of my spells are in order here ;)

Thanks again, everyone for being sooo super-helpful!!! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]