Battle.net wont let use file a ticket!

88 Tauren Death Knight
my wife's account was locked because she could not remember the first name and last name she used. Battle.net advised us to file a ticket...but it redirects to a page where we can only click on a limited number of scenarios.

None of the scenarios fit the situation but this seems unacceptable to battle.net because it wont give us any other option.

I swear we will quit this game if the problem is not fixed in 5 days. I will also encourage all my friends to quit this game because of lousy customer service.
90 Tauren Hunter
my wife's account was locked because she could not remember the first name and last name she used. Battle.net advised us to file a ticket...but it redirects to a page where we can only click on a limited number of scenarios.

None of the scenarios fit the situation but this seems unacceptable to battle.net because it wont give us any other option.

I swear we will quit this game if the problem is not fixed in 5 days. I will also encourage all my friends to quit this game because of lousy customer service.

How is it lousy customer service because 1. your wife falsified information on a contract, and 2. you are unable to follow instructions listed on the ticket submission page? Go there and click the following, it's not hard and no reason to throw out ultimatums....click I can't log-in, then on the next drop down click My account is locked and I want to unlock it....
100 Human Mage
Why didn't she use her actual name when she signed up? If she had, this wouldn't be an issue.

If she can't prove that she is the owner of the account (which would be difficult if not impossible if she didn't use her real name when registering), then she won't be able to recover the account.

In any case, if you can't resolve it by ticket, she may need to call (note that it will have to be her, not you, because it is her account that you are having the issue with). The phone number will be given by the support system if the prompts you follow go somewhere that a ticket can't resolve.
Ultimatums? Really? Come on. There's no reason to act like that, and here's what your wife needs to do.

Go here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/

Pick Battle.net Account as the product, then pick:

I can't log in.

I'm having a login issue that isn't listed here (since she doesn't remember her name).

Right now, only tickets are open, so it may not be the best option. Wait it out a bit until live chat is available (10am CST). Either way you do it, it's probably best she attaches an ID to what she submits, and be sure to give detailed info in the description of the issue.
Support Forum Agent

First off, she can always submit a petition. My suggestion would be to contact Billing on this either through live chat or phone (those options should be available soon). If there is an issue with the name on the account, she really needs to tend to that.

If this is the account I think it is, looks like it's not been active since 2011. You might also want to look into SOR if she wishes to come back. Some very cool benefits with that.

I'd also highly recommend adding an authenticator and SMS if possible to help protect the account from theft, and to make it easier to unlock if this happens again.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

Got Feedback? Click me.
88 Tauren Death Knight
geez...that went well..... apologies to everyone ....I guess that was just the frustration and alcohol talking...my guild shares your sentiment and talked to me already.

Anyway, to clarify.

1) The name is real, just cant remember if its just first name, short name, or with middle name
2) The account is active. We paid six months advance. Its good till November or December
3) we'll try live chat or phone.

what's a petition and how is it different from a ticket?

thanks
MVP - Customer Support
100 Tauren Druid
10/03/2013 08:24 PMPosted by Uldeamon
what's a petition and how is it different from a ticket?

Two words for the exact same thing.

Start here to submit one:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
Edited by Pahanda on 10/3/2013 8:28 PM PDT
98 Blood Elf Paladin
geez...that went well..... apologies to everyone ....I guess that was just the frustration and alcohol talking...my guild shares your sentiment and talked to me already.

Guildies don't let guildies drink and post. :D

I think we've all been somewhat frustrated by things like that from time to time. Good luck getting everything sorted out.
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]