Timeless Isle Gear and Use of Burdens

90 Undead Rogue
... they will always be cut off shorts on you.

Always.

Surf's up, dude!

edited

What do you calla zombie in a hot tub?

Stew
Edited by Aberzombie on 10/3/2013 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The gear is very good

lolwut?

it's acceptable as a catch up, to get you in to LFR/Flex, but "Very Good" ?? come on...
Edited by Annastasi on 10/3/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't use the Timeless piece. Use the Burden on it before you reveal the stats. Enjoy your 100% hit 535 item.

So, Say I am in holy spec and I use the burden on a timeless plate item, will I still end up with a piece of gear that has hit on it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Timotay
Don't use the Timeless piece. Use the Burden on it before you reveal the stats. Enjoy your 100% hit 535 item.

So, Say I am in holy spec and I use the burden on a timeless plate item, will I still end up with a piece of gear that has hit on it?

It creates a piece of gear appropriate for your active (or chosen, if you've engages the override) spec. So for holy, probably not, but don't quote me on that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
We like the extra rarity that comes from requiring multiple Burdens to get perfectly-itemized 535 gear. The gear is very good, so we don't want it to be too easy to get a hold of the best possible pieces.

Crithto!! LOOK!

Can we at least make the burdens BoA?

Pretty sure I've vendored 4 of them by now

Please make it happen omg!! *faints*
Edited by Brutalistica on 10/3/2013 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
It would be amazing to find a burden after slaughtering enough cranes, turtles, tigers and frogs to cause them to become extinct, use said burden which are clearly 1 and a million for me and the piece of gear have only hit or something useless on it

Maybe I need to buy another 216 keys to get a burden
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
No idea for a holy Paladin, but if you were another spec you have a chance of getting a piece with +str, +stam, +100% of any secondary stat. I've gotten many, many 100% hit and 100% expertise items. You could end up with 100% spirit possibly.
Reply Quote
Hah. Burdens. I've found ONE.

Did you get the chest behind Ordos' place that gives you a free one guaranteed?

Don't need legendary cloak to get there. But you may need friends to kill the stuff guarding it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
We like the extra rarity that comes from requiring multiple Burdens to get perfectly-itemized 535 gear. The gear is very good, so we don't want it to be too easy to get a hold of the best possible pieces.

It's worse than LFR gear, when you account for socket bonuses and the like, so calling it "very good" seems to be based solely on its ilvl rather than on any genuinely quantifiable metric that players actually use.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue

Right click your icon, make sure the Loot Specialization is set to the spec you want the gear for.
If it's holy you will not get gear with hit as a pally, you will get intel gear with another stat or 2 if you are lucky.
If you are ret or prot you will get strength gear plus a random stat or two.

Burdens will only work on gear that your class can use ie: pally equals plate, they also work on rings, cloaks and neck pieces. They do not work on the trinkets (curios)
Reply Quote
It's worse than LFR gear, when you account for socket bonuses and the like, so calling it "very good" seems to be based solely on its ilvl rather than on any genuinely quantifiable metric that players actually use.

If you are lucky enough to get the right item it can definitely be as good as the ilevel suggests (eg my helm is clearly better than the offset LFR pieces).

Luck being the key thing.
Edited by Tarski on 10/3/2013 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Warlock
Advicetroll, is correct.

Timeless loot is just a scratch off lottery ticket. The burden is paying extra for the chance at bigger winnings.

And honestly, that's more or less all randomized loot tables are. You're spinning the wheel hoping for a prize. The truth is, there's already enough guaranteed methods of gearing up a toon; that a lot of the complaining is just that. Complaining. You're paying for a game to have a chance at prizes. That's half the "fun." If there was no luck (or very little luck) involved, you would rapidly bore of the whole charade.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/03/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Annastasi
The gear is very good

lolwut?

it's acceptable as a catch up, to get you in to LFR/Flex, but "Very Good" ?? come on...

It's very good for the skill it takes to acquire it (basically none). You only need luck for timeless isle gear.
Edited by Ferven on 10/3/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Warlock
And now that I think about it, this gear isn't meant to be the end all be all of loot. So you got a piece that's all hit. So what? It still has better stats than the blues and greens a lot of alts come to the island with. It will tide them over until they get a better piece from LFR or Flex. Stop obsessing over item level and just enjoy your freebies.
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Ferven

lolwut?

It's very good for the skill it takes to acquire it (basically none). You only need luck for timeless isle gear.

Technically, you need luck to acquire all gear.

Just look at me, cleared a bunch of stuff, have legendary, still sitting on heroic scenario garbage..,
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can understand wanting it to take longer to get the right gear from burdens, but why do we have to suffer through these garbage single stat items? And why did GC lie about them being just as strong as the double stat items?

The last like 5 or 6 I've used have been single stat, complete wastes of my time and effort. Every time I have to grind up another 50000 coins just for another single stat crapfest I want to cry a little.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

luckily ... i played diablo 3 for a while, so I am completely desensitized to the demoralizing part of revealing random affixes. I can laugh it off ... no big deal ... ill just farm up another 50k coins!

:)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight

Timeless gear drop rates were a lot higher in the first week.

It doesn't really matter though it's meant as a catch-up mechanic not a replacement for LFR/Flex level gear.

I still managed to pick up 7 burdens in a week without using the chests. It's not that difficult and as such, you shouldn't be able to get completely optimised stats every single time you use one.

The drop rate has changed significantly. I am almost to exalted with the emporor faction and have yet to see a burder drop from a mob. I spent 80K coins, not including the coins I won opening chests which I also spent on more keys, on the random chests and also have yet to received a burden from that. The only burdens I have seen are from the one time chest, the couple of quests that award them, one purchase for 50K, and two drops off of Evermaw. Of those, two pieces rolled in a useable form. I am currently using a third becuase it is the best I could get. Still not very good. Not saying they should drop more, but I also don't think it is that easy to get a full timeless set these days.
Edited by Tobiàs on 10/3/2013 11:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
How to get a Burden.

Buy the glider from the panda child vendor on Timeless Isle

Attack an albatross to get him to pick you up.

As he carries you up and around the Ordos Sanctuary you will notice a high rock outcropping in the Northwest corner, you will see two guardians and the guaranteed Burden chest off to your left.

Attack your albatross when you are over the outcropping to get him to drop you on it.

Once on the outcropping jump and activate the glider, head towards the courtyard with the chest. Hit the wall directly over the chest in the middle of the two guardians, it usually requires one loop to get low enough. You will not aggro the guardians if you are in the center of them.

Loot the chest.

Run for your life using every defensive CD you have as you aggro the entire courtyard. Run out the entrance and jump off the cliff if you haven't died by then. Use the glider again and glide to safety.

Do it soon, because now that it's been posted Blizzard will change it.

Oh and if you're an engineer you don't need to buy the glider, you have one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Poor Blizzard, lock away gear behind a raid and attunement, the rabble rouses.
lock away gear by simply throwing it at them and adding RNG to the spec, the rabble rouses.

I won't be surprised if they just shove a version of the gear on a vendor somewhere, with very grindy currency, and takes 30 days to get, but you can pick and choose which stats will be on it (and people will complain that the hat is yellow).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]