Am i the only one who hates ReM+Uplift

90 Dwarf Monk
I'm starting to get sick of it. Monks are definitely a fun class, but yeah I don't really like the rng aspect of our healing. I've been working on a druid lately and I really enjoy it. I think I might replace the monk with my druid once I get him to level 90!
Reply Quote
The problem is you have no control over ReM targets and therefore have no control over Uplift being effective.

MWs also don't have a spot heal tool that is powerful enough to be a spot heal (sorry but the expel harm glyph just doesn't cut it)

On top of ZERO utility and ZERO raid cooldowns (lolrevival)

And last? MW is an outdated form of healing. With the abundance and power of smart healing and absorbs, overhealing doing effective healing and plenty else, there's just very little time for a MW healing to shine.

I could get into countless other things, like the mastery and much more. How about spending 14 seconds to TFT to uplift and heal the raid only to have it sniped by smart heals? Dumb. Should have picked a healer that doesn't req a brain.
Edited by Alphasoul on 10/2/2013 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I'm starting to get sick of it. Monks are definitely a fun class, but yeah I don't really like the rng aspect of our healing. I've been working on a druid lately and I really enjoy it. I think I might replace the monk with my druid once I get him to level 90!

That's actually a partial reason why I changed my main from my Monk to my Druid. I felt (personal opinion) that my Druid had stronger heals but also that my AoE healing was better because there was no rng factor involved.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Completely agree here - depending on bosses I find a co-healer druid can out-HPS me even on a lower ilvl because their HoTs tend to snipe mine :p I'm a big fan of only using TFT in prep for big AoE dmg and find otherwise my OH is just nuts :s
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This whole thread makes me twitch.

I enjoy Monk healing very much, OP, though not as much as I did early in the expansion.

The rest of my response has been redacted - I'll just say that ReM isn't any more RNG than PoM, CH, LoD, and maybe WG, if a given (25m) MW isn't glyphing it, and learns how to place it. MW also have two spot heals, and while one of them is not 100% on-demand, it's still there.

The other spot heal has been largely overlooked for the entirety of this expansion, even when it was stupid OP.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This whole thread makes me twitch.

I enjoy Monk healing very much, OP, though not as much as I did early in the expansion.

The rest of my response has been redacted - I'll just say that ReM isn't any more RNG than PoM, CH, LoD, and maybe WG, if a given (25m) MW isn't glyphing it, and learns how to place it. MW also have two spot heals, and while one of them is not 100% on-demand, it's still there.

The other spot heal has been largely overlooked for the entirety of this expansion, even when it was stupid OP.

Riôt

haha no the only one of those that can even remotely compare is WG (and you could maybe make a case for PoM). the problem with your assertion is that ReM does its healing over a very long period of time, giving ample time for it to be sniped (and additionally even if ReM spreads to good targets, those people might not be good targets in a second or two). CH and LoD are 100% smart, you will always heal targets that need healing with them. WG also suffers from being a HoT but has the benefits of a very short duration and being front-loaded. PoM can only trigger from damage, so if you're smart about using it (hint: only use it when it's going to bounce several times) then it will have very low overheal.

that's not to say ReM and Uplift are bad spells; ReM does a ton of HPCT and Uplift is fantastic burst. but if we're being honest it's really not comparable to any other spell in the game.

i'm also very curious as to what this other spot heal is. is it zen sphere? because i wouldn't dream of taking zen sphere in 25m (and the only reason people took it at launch was because the burst's target cap was bugged).
Edited by Truelite on 10/3/2013 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Only part I hate is having 4 chi in the bank, ReM on 10 targets, dmg goes out on 6 targets(in LFR) and only 1 of them has ReM. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
MWs also don't have a spot heal tool that is powerful enough to be a spot heal (sorry but the expel harm glyph just doesn't cut it)

What about surging mist..?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
10/03/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Truelite
i'm also very curious as to what this other spot heal is.
Healing Sphere and Surging Mists are our spot heals.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I never really understood why people just don't use surging mist, when we have unlimited mana.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
10/03/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Truelite
i wouldn't dream of taking zen sphere in 25m

dat damage and dps cloak doe :<
Reply Quote
I don't pve but I can tell you that Uplift is useless in pvp so I would love to see it changed, and that overall monk healing style in pvp is absolutely atrocious.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
dat damage and dps cloak doe :<

20k dps higher than chi wave

rofl
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i'm also very curious as to what this other spot heal is. is it zen sphere? because i wouldn't dream of taking zen sphere in 25m (and the only reason people took it at launch was because the burst's target cap was bugged).

Full-stack Surging Mist is the one that is not 100% on-demand. Alternatively, as Suplift said, you can just use Surging Mist whenever.

Healing Sphere is the other spot heal, Truelight. It has many potential uses, my favorite of which requires good tanks.

Strictly speaking, MW Mastery could be considered another spot heal, but that is predicated by playing with good raiders, and since the consumption of said Mastery spheres is not in the MW's control, I left it out.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
i personally love the fact that i dont have to micro manage where all my healing goes i dont want the control that some of these guys seem to want. honestly the current play style of monk has more of a flow to me then other healer classes. alot less whackamole alot more time to do damage/eminence heal. and if i ever have a time that one person seems to be taking alot of damage and they dont have ren mist on them? well they just became my soothing mist target for a bit to build some more chi.

personally i like the smart heal aspect of monk and i dont think i can go play any other healing classes after monk
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Strictly speaking, MW Mastery could be considered another spot heal, but that is predicated by playing with good raiders, and since the consumption of said Mastery spheres is not in the MW's control, I left it out.

Indeed, this is actually one of our strongest spot heals, that your raid has FULL control over.

They also give little shields ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i didn't really consider them to be spot heals because surging is stupid expensive (but lol mana) and healing sphere is a !@#$% to use in 25m but meh

mw mastery is pro though

also i assumed the dps cloak wouldn't proc from zen sphere since it didn't proc cha-ye when i was testing it. ~now i know~

like in 25m the only times i use healing sphere is immerseus, and to give myself or a tank a big burst heal
Edited by Truelite on 10/3/2013 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
20k dps higher than chi wave

rofl

hey buddy, you're the one wearing the dps cloak so clearly you want to do as much dps as you can. <3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
ReM might be a "smart heal" but a ReM cast 13s ago is not a smart heal, nor is the uplift healing that target at full health when the other half of the raid is @ 10% a smart heal.

That is the problem with MW healing. Our AoE healing is mostly hard-locked onto the same targets. Other healers have ON DEMAND smart heals or targeted heals. AKA PoH, chain heal, LoD, WG. These spells choose targets which need healing. Ours chooses targets which needed healing 5-15s ago. Very, very big difference, and why a huge portion of our throughput is entirely ineffective aka just overhealing.

Also we have no raid CD. I honestly don't know why you'd take a MW over an rdruid or rsham depending on if the fight is stacked/spread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]