Vial of Living Corruption (CD Reducing Trink)

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I am a prot pally and i just got this as a drop tonight. Vial of Living Corruption

I am just curious WHAT cooldowns it really affects, and if it affects Divine Protection for Pallys does that stack with unbreakable spirit (makes the CD on DP 30 seconds vs. 1 minute)

If it does this trinket is going to be INSANE for prot paladins if they have their 2 set. (While DP is active, you convert 75% of all damage taken to a HoT that starts ticking once DP fades.)

Either way this trinket seems pretty solid for almost every fight. Plus since we dont socket stam or really go for it at all, its a good boost to our health pool. This is all just things ive crafted in my head so if i am wrong feel free to correct me.

Thanks guys.
100 Human Warrior
http://www.wowhead.com/item=102306#comments

First comment, in blue. Every tank cooldown that this trinket affects is listed, and yes, it also affects Divine Protection.
98 Night Elf Druid
Does anyone know if this will affect things we get and give via Symbiosis? (Bone shields from DKs, Barkskin for prot pallies, Might of Ursoc for blood DKs, etc.)
14 Night Elf Druid
unless it's specifically listed on the wowhead comment FOR YOUR CLASS, no, it will not.

(so no, because Symbiosis is not on there.)
90 Orc Warrior
First comment, in blue. Every tank cooldown that this trinket affects is listed, and yes, it also affects Divine Protection.

So it's a 24 second cooldown on a 10 second ability, yeah?

Not really clear on the rationale for the cooldown timer discrepancy for minor cooldowns, but whatevs.
14 Night Elf Druid
Barkskin is the same deal except it even has a 2 second longer duration, so it's a little disjointed if you complain about Paladins and not Druids. :P
90 Draenei Warrior
Barkskin is the same deal except it even has a 2 second longer duration, so it's a little disjointed if you complain about Paladins and not Druids. :P

Barkskin is like this because their AM is garbage.

They have nothing to do with each other.
14 Night Elf Druid
That doesn't stop Bears from having 50% more crit/haste scaling than any of the other tanks on top of an absurd stamina modifier... they're not really hurting for mitigation at all, and it'd be pretty hilarious to claim that they are right now.
Edited by Kangarooster on 10/2/2013 9:29 AM PDT
90 Draenei Warrior
That doesn't stop Bears from having 50% more crit/haste scaling than any of the other tanks on top of an absurd stamina modifier... they're not really hurting for mitigation at all, and it'd be pretty hilarious to claim that they are right now.

Who said anything about this? I certainly didn't.

I'm just pointing out that you can't compare the two in isolation.
14 Night Elf Druid
You also can't complain about DP being 30s without looking at the whole kit :/

If Pallies were still ridiculously OP with new EF + Unbreakable Spirit buff, people would have caught on to it by now. It's not even remotely similar to T15 Prot Pally, and Zarko trying to find little "ins" to jab at Prot Pally is just tiring and ridiculous at this point.
100 Human Warrior
Yeah, I don't really think that a 30 second DP is a huge deal considering the rest of the Paladin toolkit as it currently stands.

Having Reck unpaired from Skull Banner kind of sucks (as there's really no reason to use it without it, especially with this cd reduction), but having a sub-2 minute cd Shield Wall ain't bad either.

Also Heroic Leap's reduction stacks with Death from Above as well (or did when I was on the PTR, anyway).
90 Draenei Warrior
Yeah, I don't really think that a 30 second DP is a huge deal considering the rest of the Paladin toolkit as it currently stands.

I think a more interesting discussion is if Unbreakable Spirit is to good compared to Hand of Purity and Clemency. I would argue yes but this might be better discussed in its own thread. :P

Having Reck unpaired from Skull Banner kind of sucks (as there's really no reason to use it without it, especially with this cd reduction), but having a sub-2 minute cd Shield Wall ain't bad either.

I wonder if this makes the Recklessness glyph better. I suspect not but there would need to be math done to confirm.
Edited by Eliana on 10/2/2013 1:26 PM PDT
100 Orc Death Knight
It's pretty good for all tanks, although there are some questionable abilities placed on it for monk tanks.

With 2 piece T16 and that trinket essentially give DKs 100% uptime on boneshield (even now, I pretty much have 100% uptime with just the 2 piece).
14 Night Elf Druid
I think a more interesting discussion is if Unbreakable Spirit is to good compared to Hand of Purity and Clemency. I would argue yes but this might be better discussed in its own thread. :P
Oh yeah, absolutely. I don't even think there's anything to argue about there, it just ties back to the whole bandaid fixes being all that's possible at the moment. Same with EF and Sacred Shield.

There are fights I would LOVE to take Purity/Clemency (e.g. Shaman would be amazing with Purity, Protectors would be great for Clemency) but can't - just like I wish I had RJW on damn near every fight on my Monk, but I have to take Xuen for a lot of them still.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't get how you guys think its not that big of a deal getting a 30cd Divine Protection. That's roughly an additional 30% uptime of a flat 20% damage reduction that's pretty huge.

With the trinket knocking it down to 24 seconds thats a whole 41% uptime as opposed to 10% .... how is that not make or break ..... that's crazy good and that doesn't even include combining it with the already powerful meta

Just for the record, with both DP and the meta active the boss is doing 36% less damage on melee swings
Edited by Sythune on 10/4/2013 6:02 PM PDT
90 Draenei Monk
Well that's a disappointing trinket...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
no it's super.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
no it's super.
100 Human Warrior
I wonder if this makes the Recklessness glyph better. I suspect not but there would need to be math done to confirm.

Not really, because it actually makes both more wonky to use.

Reck glyph drops Reck's CD to about 1.5 minutes, and the CDR drops Skull Banner's to 2 and change, iirc (I haven't gotten one and it's been awhile since I was last on the PTR). That and the glyph also reduces Reck's potency, which is the main reason DPS warriors probably don't wanna use it either (in addition to its desynching from Skull Banner).

Either way, in that scenario it's probably better to just wait for Skull Banner to come off CD, while Reck's ready.
100 Human Paladin
10/02/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Kangarooster
Oh yeah, absolutely. I don't even think there's anything to argue about there, it just ties back to the whole bandaid fixes being all that's possible at the moment. Same with EF and Sacred Shield.

There are fights I would LOVE to take Purity/Clemency (e.g. Shaman would be amazing with Purity, Protectors would be great for Clemency) but can't - just like I wish I had RJW on damn near every fight on my Monk, but I have to take Xuen for a lot of them still.

Depends on the fight.

On, say, Immerseus, I don't need that much Divine Protection. I'm not even remotely in danger.

In any fight where I feel I'm more in danger than the other two abilities would prevent, I take Unbreakable Spirit. Otherwise I think which of the other two would be more useful. You're right that it's kind of the 'default' though if I understand what you're saying.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]