Divine Aegis is too strong.

100 Draenei Priest
The absorbs in this game in general are too strong. But it's really obnoxious to start a fight miles behind because of DA and Illuminated healing. DA being 40-50% of disc healing is ridiculous. As they gear up in SoO, the gap becomes wider. They don't need spirit and their mastery scales off of crit and int. Disc is still too strong. Also, they ALWAYS benefit the most by miles with gimmicks in fights.

EDIT: It would appear that it is mostly agreed that DA is simply too strong with the level 90 talents. Any ideas on how to fix that?
Edited by Afflictid on 10/3/2013 2:13 PM PDT
100 Draenei Priest
Another suggestion, clear all precasted absorbs when a fight starts.
90 Human Rogue
Many people think Holy is the stronger of the two specs right now.
90 Worgen Druid
I get the feeling that absorbs will be changed a lot in the next expansion...
90 Human Priest
10/02/2013 08:32 PMPosted by Afflictid
Another suggestion, clear all precasted absorbs when a fight starts.

I'm not exactly sure what this would accomplish? How many fights have immediate raid damage where precasted absorbs would make any kind of difference?
100 Draenei Priest
Many people are wrong then.
100 Draenei Priest
Many people are wrong then.

Agreed!
100 Draenei Paladin
Is this a problem? We only have 2 absorb healers tho and 3 normal ones, we are meant to work together.
100 Draenei Priest
Is this a problem? We only have 2 absorb healers tho and 3 normal ones, we are meant to work together.

"Work together" would only work if absorbs didn't CRUSH normal healing.
99 Troll Shaman

I sort of think so too. I agree with many that absorbs play too big of a role. I'm pretty happy with paladin absorbs--in that they are just a passive icing on the cake due to their mastery. I even think Discipline as the absorb-focused spec is fine, simply that the balance needs to lean more toward direct healing and shift away from absorbs a bit.

It seems like most healers have too much of their throughput granted by a few spells. Mine gets way too much of it's throughput from Healing Stream and Healing Rain. I would like to see more of a triage healing model which is based a bit more on reactive, direct heals, and secondary to that, each healer still has their own niche and unique feel.

Would like to see the healing game a little less about buffering the health bars with absorbs and such to cushion from burst, as well as less "use X ability on cooldown" and more "use X ability in this situation".

But overall I am happy with healing, and if it never changed, it would continue to be my favorite of the 3 roles to perform.
90 Worgen Druid
10/02/2013 09:19 PMPosted by Kuwilei

I sort of think so too. I agree with many that absorbs play too big of a role. I'm pretty happy with paladin absorbs--in that they are just a passive icing on the cake due to their mastery. I even think Discipline as the absorb-focused spec is fine, simply that the balance needs to lean more toward direct healing and shift away from absorbs a bit.

It seems like most healers have too much of their throughput granted by a few spells. Mine gets way too much of it's throughput from Healing Stream and Healing Rain. I would like to see more of a triage healing model which is based a bit more on reactive, direct heals, and secondary to that, each healer still has their own niche and unique feel.

Would like to see the healing game a little less about buffering the health bars with absorbs and such to cushion from burst, as well as less "use X ability on cooldown" and more "use X ability in this situation".

But overall I am happy with healing, and if it never changed, it would continue to be my favorite of the 3 roles to perform.

I know that feeling... Rejuvenation >.<
There isn't enough time to cast individual direct heals the way fights are designed these days; if you don't react instantly it's all over.

And doesn't pre-cast absorbs work for Malkrok? i.e. gives you enough time to get full shields up before anyone loses their "normal health."
100 Draenei Paladin
10/02/2013 09:19 PMPosted by Afflictid

My absorbs don't crush my monk healers heals =/ when we 2 heal
90 Pandaren Priest
well in comparison to your inscribed bag, of course DA is doing more healing
90 Pandaren Monk

I'm sorry, but no. You're about 1 patch too late. SoO is an era of throughput heals. I dare you to be disc during Malkorok.
100 Night Elf Druid

If by CRUSH normal healing you mean "QQ, I look bad on the HPS meter" then ....

stop that. :P
100 Draenei Priest
Why? They're doing more effective healing then me by a lot... with something that is better than healing, absorbs.
100 Draenei Priest
10/02/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Delalina

My absorbs don't crush my monk healers heals =/ when we 2 heal

10mans don't count.
90 Pandaren Monk
Why? They're doing more effective healing then me by a lot... with something that is better than healing, absorbs.

Then you're the one at fault, not absorbs. My raid's Holy priest runs circles around my group's disc priest, and I run circles around him as well, and I haven't even broken 525 item level in my healing spec.
90 Night Elf Druid
25man holy priests aren't seeming to have the same issues as you sooo
100 Draenei Priest
I'm sorry, but no. You're about 1 patch too late. SoO is an era of throughput heals. I dare you to be disc during Malkorok.

Disc 2eZ on malkorok doe.

10mans don't count.

3/10
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]