Divine Aegis is too strong.

90 Pandaren Priest
i'd personally pick 2 dps rather than what amounts to half a dps and a whole lot of overheal, but that's just me.

and you know, revival, stun/ring of peace, grapple weapon, two 90% magic DR on top of the dps and raw healing

i know you're trolling but saying MW brings nothing is laughable
Edited by Truelite on 10/3/2013 2:19 AM PDT
90 Human Monk
i'd personally pick 2 dps rather than what amounts to half a dps and a whole lot of overheal, but that's just me.

and you know, revival, stun/ring of peace, grapple weapon, two 90% magic DR on top of the dps and raw healing

i know you're trolling but saying MW brings nothing is laughable

why bring a 3minute revival when i can bring a 15 second revival? i'll bring a brewmaster and rogue for disarm, and almost every other class in game for a aoe stun/snare/grip, and lol at diffuse magic/zen med.
and the dps difference isn't enough for me to care when the disc is doing like 30% more more healing while doing that dps.
Edited by Tippz on 10/3/2013 2:27 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
Always throw it out in these threads but passive absorbs are silly. All absorbs less pw:s need to be removed from the game.
90 Troll Priest
I think we should just make all the disc priests fight in an arena to the death. Last man standing gets all the absorbs. And candy.

But seriously, Holy in 25m getting it's butt handed to it by a disc? In what world. Not unless you suck majorly or you're overhealing/it's on farm/not enough damage going out/gear discrepancy. I'm sure things are fairly even, but any more than 5% and you're likely doing something wrong ...somewhere.

Sorry, I lied, but I just can't take this threads seriously.

Of course I'd stack 8 disc priests if I was in Divinity, as long as they were all Amabella clones.

Now, do I personally feel DA is too strong? Perhaps. I think the level 90 talents are a bit too strong, and at least in 25m, it's bringing us "into line" with throughput healers. I can't really stand apart from this and say I'm unbiased, but I'm not sure what we really need to do with this.

We as disc just don't have a lot of raw healing. Which should be okay. Except when the fights get really damage heavy (this tier, lots of pulsing damage), DA not only shines but the fact that we can refresh them so to speak with DS on a lot of fights is just ... it's too much.

I can roflstomp a well geared shaman on stacked fights. Why? Divine Star.
Edited by Naér on 10/3/2013 5:07 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
10/03/2013 04:58 AMPosted by Naér
But seriously, Holy in 25m getting it's butt handed to it by a disc? In what world. Not unless you suck majorly or you're overhealing/it's on farm/not enough damage going out/gear discrepancy. I'm sure things are fairly even, but any more than 5% and you're likely doing something wrong ...somewhere.

That world would be SoO. The only fights Holy and Disc are relatively close are on Norushen, Malkorok and Thok. Otherwise, Disc just smashes Holy.
Edited by Ceddya on 10/3/2013 5:07 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
That world would be SoO. The only fights Holy and Disc are relatively close are on Norushen, Malkorok and Thok. Otherwise, Disc just smashes Holy.

Even when you're underhealing in 25m or progression?

Holy is the worst at sniping. The worst. (Druids, monks, shamans, disc... all get there first).

But it was my understanding that when you need throughput they'd be desirable. Throughput is needed on progression and heroics. Not so much on normals or when you're always going with 6 healers.

Now, I don't think the issue was "is holy badly designed and/or inferior to disc" (because thats a can of worms I have no interest in opening), it was more ... is disc broken?

I am going to have to say... yeah. A bit. DA removed? No. But we're a bit too wildly out of control with DS in 25m. I feel that the only thing keeping disc afloat above Holy in these encounters is the absurdity that is lvl 90 talents without DR. Without that, we'd never be able to compete in 25m, especially on stacked fights.

ToF plays a big factor in this as well.
Edited by Naér on 10/3/2013 5:13 AM PDT
90 Human Monk

Of course I'd stack 8 disc priests if I was in Divinity, as long as they were all Amabella clones.

we actually just have ama multibox all our raider alts disc priests for most fights, its why we've been doing alright so far, 2 tank an ele shaman, 2 warlocks and 5 ama's and bosses just hit the floor.
90 Troll Priest

we actually just have ama multibox all our raider alts disc priests for most fights, its why we've been doing alright so far, 2 tank an ele shaman, 2 warlocks and 5 ama's and bosses just hit the floor.

This is probably pretty viable. LOL
90 Pandaren Priest
Even when you're underhealing in 25m or progression? Holy is the worst at sniping. The worst. (Druids, monks, shamans, disc... all get there first). But it was my understanding that when you need throughput they'd be desirable. Throughput is needed on progression and heroics. Not so much on normals or when you're always going with 6 healers.

Yes, I would say that Disc has the advantage even if you're underhealing fights. The thing is ,the level 90 talents are disproportionately strong compared to the other heals, and Disc is able to maximize the output of these talents much better. AA, 2-piece and ToF all buff the amount healed by DS/Halo by a large amount, consequently giving Disc the edge over Holy in effective healing, especially since a large portion of the output from these talents comes from DA.
Edited by Ceddya on 10/3/2013 5:30 AM PDT
90 Troll Priest
Yes, I would say that Disc has the advantage even if you're underhealing fights. The thing is ,the level 90 talents are disproportionately strong compared to the other heals, and Disc is able to maximize the output of these talents. AA, 2-piece and ToF all buff the amount healed by DS/Halo by a large amount, consequently giving Disc the edge over Holy.

I hadn't thought of that (naive of me) from that perspective.

With the 2pc especially, these talents are really give disc more bang for their buck. Not only do we get to heal an absurd amount, but unlike EoL, DA tends to have a MUCH lower overheal (HoTs vs Absorbs.... we know who wins that).

So what would we do to priests if we brought the DR back to priest talents?

How would disc, especially, keep up in high damage encounters?

I'm curious on people's perspective.
90 Pandaren Priest
With the 2pc especially, these talents are really give disc more bang for their buck. Not only do we get to heal an absurd amount, but unlike EoL, DA tends to have a MUCH lower overheal (HoTs vs Absorbs.... we know who wins that).

The main issue is that Disc can abuse these level 90 talents to generate massive amount of absorbs even if they completely overheal. An unintended consequence is that you're now almost better off casting these spells off CD, rather than saving them for when the raid actually takes burst damage.

If they wish to bring Disc more in line with the other healers, they need to change it so that DA doesn't proc off overhealing from these level 90 talents, but that might end up creating a bigger mess.
90 Troll Priest
If they wish to bring Disc more in line with the other healers, they need to change it so that DA doesn't proc off overhealing from these level 90 talents, but that might end up creating a bigger mess.

I don't think that would work either.

A bigger mess indeed.

How would that be designed becomes the question. At some overheal percentage threshold?

Wanted to point out that there is a discussion on just DA from lvl 90 talents thread over at H2P:

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4769

for those interested.
Edited by Naér on 10/3/2013 5:55 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
rather have the absorbs from disc then the nothing from MW.

I lol'd
90 Human Monk

This is probably pretty viable. LOL

you have no idea...

10/03/2013 06:15 AMPosted by Suplift
rather have the absorbs from disc then the nothing from MW.

I lol'd

they say it helps to laugh sometimes.
Edited by Tippz on 10/3/2013 6:19 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
This thread is so full of lulz.
90 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2013 04:58 AMPosted by Naér

We like all like quoting this because of the "In what world" part. Just so we can say-

In this one! http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h8fjq5td6las46u5/sum/healingDone/?s=2760&e=3247

But seriously, please note that these healers have at least 10 ilvls on him. Once he gets the gear, I'm pretty sure he'll be giving them a run for their money.
Edited by Miyü on 10/3/2013 6:27 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk

Easy to laugh at how dumb you are.
90 Human Monk
10/03/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Suplift

Easy to laugh at how dumb you are.

oh man i just realized.. duh winning, me and Muk are going to have a good laugh at this later tonight.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Who let Evry and his gold monstrosity into this thread?

As long as there aren't evry clones, I'm okay
90 Human Priest
10/03/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Ceddya
The main issue is that Disc can abuse these level 90 talents to generate massive amount of absorbs even if they completely overheal.

my entire life

nerf it nerf this spec god i hate myself
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]