Into the Ground!!!... RIP Heroic Leap

The warrior level 85 ability should be Like Knights of the Round from FFVII.

You summon 12 other warriors, then you relentlessly beat the ever living crap out of your opponent while everyone stares at you in stunned silence because there is nothing they can do to counter your might.

Or you know...more gap closers...

hell, i woulda preferred another shout called Rallying Cry that temporarily "Boosted moral of your group members and boosts damage or healing done by X"

Like Heroism, but it doesn't make you faster, just stronger.

Or an 85 point talent that lets you pick up two group members and attack your enemies with them.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Lux
The warrior level 85 ability should be Like Knights of the Round from FFVII.

You summon 12 other warriors, then you relentlessly beat the ever living crap out of your opponent while everyone stares at you in stunned silence because there is nothing they can do to counter your might.

Or you know...more gap closers...

hell, i woulda preferred another shout called Rallying Cry that temporarily "Boosted moral of your group members and boosts damage or healing done by X"

Like Heroism, but it doesn't make you faster, just stronger.

Or an 85 point talent that lets you pick up two group members and attack your enemies with them.

I would have liked Bloodbath back.

Or a variant of Lacerate+pulverize that had a warrior-y feel to it.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Warrior
This is... Disappointing. Fury mobility (with everything having a stun, too) with 20/15 second Intercept, 30 sec Heroic Fury, 40 sec Heroic Leap, and Charge was probably a bit much... But how about instead of 'just' a swap from stun to damage, they add in a short root?

2-3 second root (or even significant slow, I'm thinking 75% or so) would make it so that at the very least, we won't be 10 yards from whatever we were leaping at by the time we land.

They could even add in a 1 second interrupt, just to give it that "I just freakin' LANDED on your butt!" feel.

... And while I'm dreaming, I'd like a PONY and a brand new gaming PC. Minimum of 15 grand on the comp.
Edited by Shodori on 11/10/2010 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Can't they just, I don't know, apply the stun to PvE targets? Or tune the stun in PvP somehow? Or perhaps a Knockdown.

This was a cool ability that just seems fated to fail.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well, maybe our abilities will get new icons to compensate! Don't lose hope fellow warriors!

OMFG!!!!

That would be so awesome!

Execute should be a little picture of a warrior strangling a paladin.

xD
that would be so funny and i would be sure to macro it to make my guy yell DIE whenever i click it :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Wait so now two out of our three new abilities, Inner Rage and now Heroic bomb are pretty meh? Hmm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wait so now two out of our three new abilities, Inner Rage and now Heroic bomb are pretty meh? Hmm.

And the third one is so awesome they had to nerf every other ability in our arsenal to compensate for it.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Lux

they were always meh.

It is made up for with how bull*!#* colossus smash is, however.

Heroic Leap didn't work the first time they tried to put it in. People *!@#*ed, so they tried to put it in again- and surprise, it ends up *!#*ty once more!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that an ability like Heroic Leap won't translate well off paper into the game the way they want it to go. If it worked like feral charge(cat) combined with feral charge(bear), i.e. we jump at them and it roots them for x seconds then it may end up working. Also making it single target, but w/e.

Otherwise, it's kind of a cool, stupid ability. Inner Rage is just them knee-jerking off the WOTLK rage setup and expected us to keep constant full rage in Cata after they knock it down a couple of notches.

Inner Rage could be an ability that triggers off Bloodthirst/Shield Slam/MS hits and makes your next damaging/signature attack deal bonus damage, but that'd be too powerful vs. squishies, yadda yadda.

Basically, we get 2 eh moves and 1 really really good move.

Reply Quote
Now im new to tanking and warriors but the aoe selective jump with stun would of been good for initial group aggro correct? One thing though...when is blizz gonna get "new" ideas, cuz this leap was on the Barbarian class in diablo 2....just like how the witchdoctor is a dk/warlock in d3.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Lux
Now im new to tanking and warriors but the aoe selective jump with stun would of been good for initial group aggro correct? One thing though...when is blizz gonna get "new" ideas, cuz this leap was on the Barbarian class in diablo 2....just like how the witchdoctor is a dk/warlock in d3.

honestly, they're just copying themselves. its pretty moot.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I wouldn't have minded getting Bloodlust via a Shout
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Can't they just, I don't know, apply the stun to PvE targets? Or tune the stun in PvP somehow? Or perhaps a Knockdown.

This was a cool ability that just seems fated to fail.

Why would you want your gap closer to stun in PvE? Do you like being rage starved because things aren't hitting you?

EDIT: Oh, and making it single target and targetable, e.g. "Feral Charge (Cat)", it would be pointless.

The primary reason why Heroic Leap is good is because it's ground targeted. Cool, it does damage if you actually land on someone, but its main use is going to be "get in range to intercept/charge" in PvE and "get out of/into line of sight asap" in PvP.
Edited by Cadwyr on 11/10/2010 11:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
now i can't stun lock mages, blizzard and their #@!#ing love for mages :\
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
I do not see why people keep saying that the ability is "stupid" and "didn't work". I played with it on beta, it was great and worked wonders. Even in pve I would use it to interrupt mob casting or as a opener in a aoe pull. In pvp it was great! It worked perfectly. When I play my warrior in bgs I spend must of my time rooted stunned frozen slowed or having no control of my character, or trying to time my spell reflect to not get frozen or switching out to sword and board, which hurts our dps even more now without shield slam, just to survive.

What dose every other class want a warrior to have just charge which can only be used out of combat stuns for 1 sec and have a cd of 30 sec that dose not start till we are out of combat?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
What dose every other class want a warrior to have just charge which can only be used out of combat stuns for 1 sec and have a cd of 30 sec that dose not start till we are out of combat?

what
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Death Knight
The cool down would not start counting until you were out of combat.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
Perhaps blizz could add a short root effect to it, preferably taking effect as soon as the jump starts rather then when you land. It would solve the problem of having your opponent be miles away when you land but wouldn't add another stun to the warrior's arsenal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]