Help an Oldschool mage out...

85 Blood Elf Mage
Without going on too long, I took a break. I quit about... just maybe a few weeks after Ruby Sanctum came out. I checked back now and again to see what's changing for Cata, but I was still kind of iffy about getting it.

Broke down the other day and bought a timecard... I've played for years with the "old" system, back when they had a split between spellpower and healing power... i'm interested to see what's changed. I will find out on my own, and look forward to doing so, so don't spoil too much.

My question here is this... Is playing a mage that different than before? From a little light research, I apparently get the drift that Arcane is still good, but way different... frost gives the least choices in terms of talent selection, and fire looks like it's the best talent tree ever made.

Is it harder? Better? Worse? Funner?

Just trying to get a drift from the mage community where things are at now. I've had my card activated for 6 days, the 4.0 patch just finished this morning... I started it 2am friday morning. Yeah. ANYWAY thanks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]