Race Change for Cataclysm

85 Tauren Paladin
With two new playable races just on the horizon, many players have been asking when they'll be able to convert their existing characters into goblins or worgen. Paid faction and race changes will be available immediately once Cataclysm is released. Realm First achievements for leveling any class to 85 will be available in Cataclysm. However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race.

There will be a slight change to the way paid services work for goblins and worgen. Goblin and worgen characters wishing to change race or faction cannot be in Lost Isles or Gilneas; they must be elsewhere to initiate the process. There are no restrictions on race/faction change to goblin or worgen.

Now with information I was wondering if I race change prior to Cataclysm but don't accept it, will I be able to accept it once Cataclysm is live and instantly go Tauren. We all know there will be a huge wait for race changes. Just curious, this could help lower this congestion.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
With two new playable races just on the horizon, many players have been asking when they'll be able to convert their existing characters into goblins or worgen. Paid faction and race changes will be available immediately once Cataclysm is released. Realm First achievements for leveling any class to 85 will be available in Cataclysm. However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race.

There will be a slight change to the way paid services work for goblins and worgen. Goblin and worgen characters wishing to change race or faction cannot be in Lost Isles or Gilneas; they must be elsewhere to initiate the process. There are no restrictions on race/faction change to goblin or worgen.

Now with information I was wondering if I race change prior to Cataclysm but don't accept it, will I be able to accept it once Cataclysm is live and instantly go Tauren. We all know there will be a huge wait for race changes. Just curious, this could help lower this congestion.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27607505317&sid=1

from the other forums
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Woo Thanks xD
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Now with information I was wondering if I race change prior to Cataclysm but don't accept it, will I be able to accept it once Cataclysm is live and instantly go Tauren.
Yes, Athnaraz.

A paid race or faction change will not lock the character in questions. At the character selection screen you will have a button available that will allow you to change your race or faction.

Cataclysm Paid Faction and Race Changes
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116854#c-1015351578

Keep in mind that there is currently an issue with paid services. You may wish to initiate a Race Change at a later time.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27607285393&pageNo=1&sid=1#0
http://twitter.com/BlizzardCS_ES
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Question about mounts and reputation

If the worgen do not have factional mounts, and you change from gnome to worgen, do you lose your gnome mounts? or do they just become unusable?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Question about mounts and reputation

If the worgen do not have factional mounts, and you change from gnome to worgen, do you lose your gnome mounts? or do they just become unusable?
This has yet to be announced, Asharak.

I recommend keeping an eye out on the FAQ.

Faction Change
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/28825
http://twitter.com/BlizzardCS_ES
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Thanks for the update, at least now I know you have seen the question :D

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the update, at least now I know you have seen the question :D
You're welcome.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid

Very interested in this...
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
i just wanted to make sure, i havent seen it posted anywhere, once cata goes live can we race change to one of the new race class combos? for instance i want to race change to troll
Reply Quote
36 Gnome Rogue
i just wanted to make sure, i havent seen it posted anywhere, once cata goes live can we race change to one of the new race class combos? for instance i want to race change to troll

Apparently folks are having problems putting in a pre-Cata race change hold when there is only one current race able to be that class. So Draenei Shaman, Blood Elf Paladins etc. So if you're one of those, you will probably be unable to even initiate the race change until Cata drops - but after Cata drops you'll be able to do it no worries.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
So Zenlyth, if I do a character race change a day prior to the release of cataclysm - I will be eligible once I get cataclysm onto my account and it goes live I can automatically change my UD to goblin?
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Thats what I have seen. People queuing up race changes because Blizzard does not have a time limit on when the change has to be used. Once it's processed the icon just sits next to your toon until you choose to use it, kinda like on PTR. Only it's a one time use, obviously.

Also as per what happens to your mounts when changing to a Worgen, betting on all racial mounts become Horses because alternate Worgen Form is a Human... Maybe?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Thats what I have seen. People queuing up race changes because Blizzard does not have a time limit on when the change has to be used. Once it's processed the icon just sits next to your toon until you choose to use it, kinda like on PTR. Only it's a one time use, obviously.

Also as per what happens to your mounts when changing to a Worgen, betting on all racial mounts become Horses because alternate Worgen Form is a Human... Maybe?

Definately wouldnt make sense to be horses. If you aren't exalted in human rep you can't use those either.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
i get and like the idea of paying for the race change before hand, and i understand how druids Draeni shams and BE paly's could have problems. But i also read that blizzard fixed the problems they were having, does that include that problem?
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
mmo-champ has posted the best buy dev chat and in there its stated

Can you clarify and confirm what will be available to players when 4.0.3a hits and what will be unavailable until 7th Dec?
4.0.3a will be the patch that actually causes the world to shatter and change forever. At that point you will be able to experience the new 1-60 leveling experience, as well as the new race/class combinations

if thats the case i can change to a troll possible tuesday??!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
So, are the new race/class combos only going to available for a paid change once Cata hits? Or will I, say for example, be able to switch to Troll once 4.0.3a rolls out?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
So Zenlyth, if I do a character race change a day prior to the release of cataclysm - I will be eligible once I get cataclysm onto my account and it goes live I can automatically change my UD to goblin?
|If you have the option to do the race change now, then you should be able to purchase it and wait until the day of release to do it. If you do not have the option to do it, (druid's for example) then you may have to wait until release to purchase it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
|If you have the option to do the race change now, then you should be able to purchase it and wait until the day of release to do it. If you do not have the option to do it, (druid's for example) then you may have to wait until release to purchase it.
Blood Elf Paladins fall into this boat as well since there isn't another possible race at the present for a race change to be purchased for.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I plan on changing my troll to Goblin and was also wondering about mounts. I have the three different colour epic raptor mounts, but I've only seen the one Goblin epic mount. Wondering if I'll end up with three trikes looking exactly the same in my inventory. I'm guessing so at this moment, and that is ok for now as I'll probably be flying more than using my land mount anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]