DI gone... anyone know why?

100 Human Mage
I just realized recently that paladins no longer have the spell Divine Intervention. Anyone know why it was removed? Personally, I really enjoyed being able to save a friend from a repair bill when we knew a wipe was incoming (and even more liked it when my friend could save me a repair bill). It was also extremely fun to DI someone who couldn't res... always good for a laugh.

Was it being abused somehow? Why'd it go away?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
My suspicion is that Blizzard feared the saving powers of paladins would start to get out of hand. Now with moving heals and aoe heals paladins can save deaths at an even higher rate than before! Not to mention that Prot paladins can save themselves while solo'ing hard mode bosses with a few 3 hp words of glory! And did you know that new talents in the retribution trees allow for paladins to actually get a big dps buff when they selflessly use their word of glory to heal a fellow raider?

No no, this just wouldn't do at all. But they didn't want to hurt the people they wanted the paladin to save so instead they went after the paladin himself!!!! They shortened his bubble to prevent bubble hearthing and took away his DI, all to make him pay those repair bills! Saving people is one thing but saving gold!?!?! Blizzard just couldn't take it anymore!!!

TL:DR---It's a small way to make a gold sink through more repair bills.
Edited by Nonfiction on 11/10/2010 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
And did you know that new talents in the retribution trees allow for paladins to actually get a big dps buff when they selflessly use their word of glory to heal a fellow raider?

While I get the tone you're trying to convey in this post, that bit is inaccurate. You lose DPS just because you didn't use a Templar's Verdict with those three HP. The buff from Selfless Healer is just there to salve that over a bit. Unless we're talking about absolutely massive AOE pulls...which will no longer exist.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I just think no one used them very much and when they were used it was improperly half the time.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It was the cruelest nerf.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I think they removed it for rated battlegrounds.

Before you could just stand at a node while DI'd and I don't think mass dispel removed it.

DI'ing someone near a node could buy anyone respawning some extra time to keep people from capping.

This is just my theory though :P
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I kind of agree with Eck on this one. It's only like 2% Damage increase. It's not exactly something I wanna set my Power Auras to no notify me of. In fact, I don't even know what the buff is called.

If you wanna a damage boost, use this macro...

#showtooltip
#show Avenging Wrath
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Mark of Supremacy

You only have to hit one button to get the most damage out of your Hammer of Wrath. Since the trinket and the ability both have a 2 minute cooldown, one it's ready, IT"S DONE!
Reply Quote
It was removed because only us warlocks have the privileged to avoid repair bills via killing our selves....were just that evil.

Lifetap+hellfire FTW!!!
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
I doubt that, since im sure rated battlegrounds will have the same rules as arenas, no cds over 10 minutes used.

Actually, all class abilities will be usable as normal, but engineering items and some consumables are going to be limited.

Here's the thread confirming this with the appropriate blue post picked out:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=2000&topicId=27607502310&pageNo=2#28
Edited by Eckdahl on 11/15/2010 7:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Troll Mage
Ahahaha I knew this thread was going to mention saving the repair bill :-P well it was a little nifty for that. I hated 40s cause you had to use it on someone right before the last few folks died (used to only be 30 seconds) and that person had to be standing in a good place AND be a rezzer. Sort of a messy way to ensure a rezzer lives. I guess it got better, but still. Well, with that and the new blessings we don't need to lug around any reagents at all. Fortunately we have warlocks anyway.

Can't say why it's gone, but I won't miss it anyway, my groups/raids never ever ever have deaths or wipes or anything, honest!

I'm still patiently awaiting AoE combat rez for holy, lolz.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's hanging out with Sacred Shield
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
i hope we get DI back again someday (soon) =P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I just think no one used them very much and when they were used it was improperly half the time.

This.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Goodbye old friend.

My days of DI-ing the Hunter and having him say "Oh my god, I think I froze I need to reboot!" and then doing so when he can't move or attack will be sorely missed.

>:)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Goodbye old friend.

My days of DI-ing the Hunter and having him say "Oh my god, I think I froze I need to reboot!" and then doing so when he can't move or attack will be sorely missed.

>:)

Or better yet DIing the tank in the middle fo a pull and then bubble hearthing away. XD
Reply Quote
94 Troll Warrior
Or better yet DIing the tank in the middle fo a pull and then bubble hearthing away. XD

Gods dammit, when are they gonna bring back the Bubble-Hearth?!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

What.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]